Your Day Today!

XTreme

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's definitely cheaper to live out here than in Britain. When I see what they pay for Gas, Water, Electricity, Council Tax etc I don't know how people manage.

We pay about €50 a month electric, €50 a quarter water, Council Tax €170 a year, and about €50 a month on wood pellets from November to April.

I think food is a lot cheaper as well, but it's difficult for me to be specific because it's so long since I was in Britain.

Council tax is a lot cheaper than here , think ours is about 1200 , electric do t sound much different to here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

The sun … and judging dossing about 

You were judging dossing about? So there was a Dossing competition?

Considering the area you went to, there was probably a strong field! Brits and Spaniards!

But my money will always be on the Dago! It's embedded in their DNA!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Council tax is a lot cheaper than here , think ours is about 1200 , electric do t sound much different to here.

You'll pay more for motor insurance (though Recovery is always included) but less on vehicle tax. It was about €25 for the bike.

ITV (MOT) is €34 which lasts for 2 years unless your vehicle is over 10 years old. Then it's annual.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Clive said:

Google August timeliness. 😲 

Screenshot_20230915_130043_Gmail.jpg.a6594f6e59aff85ee0cc1badf8f03355.jpg

Lazy old twat!..... 😂 

Walking distance is way out, I never carry my phone on my daily strolls around the park..

I only went to Baza and Albox!

Oh No Facepalm GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had the bike up on the axle stand to lube the chain!

fre-min.jpg.1ab499c6750191739415a8274230463b.jpg

I've done nearly 4000kms (2500 miles) on it and it's never needed a chain adjustment.

Having said that, I'm not riding it harshly, and the chain is always cleaned and lubed regularly. The back wheel is always cleaned with WD40 at the same time!

Tyre pressures, oil, and water level checked as well......all fine! 

And I got all the bloody flies off from last weekend as well.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've done nearly 4000kms (2500 miles) on it and it's never needed a chain adjustment.

Having said that, I'm not riding it harshly, and the chain is always cleaned and lubed regularly. The back wheel is always cleaned with WD40 at the same time!

Not that I have been on the scoot much this summer, but there have been very few bug splats on my visor or on the front of the scoot when i have been out......and also noticed that there ain't been many Bumble Bees in our garden this summer.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Poof

• Haha 4

Just seen rumours on Twitter that the Sunday Times is dropping a bombshell story this weekend! Biggest of the year, supposedly. Staff leave has been cancelled and security tightened!

Reputed to be a sex scandal of some kind, possibly involving a politician, a celebrity, or even a Royal. 

My money's on the Prince of Pegging again! Wonder if Ryanair will repeat their Tweet?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

You'll pay more for motor insurance (though Recovery is always included) but less on vehicle tax. It was about €25 for the bike.

ITV (MOT) is €34 which lasts for 2 years unless your vehicle is over 10 years old. Then it's annual.

Out of interest what are the wages like for people like plumbers carpenters and electricians in Spain

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Out of interest what are the wages like for people like plumbers carpenters and electricians in Spain

I haven't got a clue Fred.......but this isn't a high income country anyway.

Obviously you're going to get better money in places like Madrid, Barcelona etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

If they’re legal and registered they have to pay a self employed tax every month even if they haven’t earned a penny (it’s called something like ‘autonomo’)………Pete probably has to pay it too. I’ve been told locally that’s about €300 per month.

Spanish plumbers etc tend to be cheaper than ex-Brits and many of the latter are not properly qualified (known locally as Ryanair Builders/plumbers etc) 😜😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skippy said:

If they’re legal and registered they have to pay a self employed tax every month even if they haven’t earned a penny (it’s called something like ‘autonomo’)………Pete probably has to pay it too. I’ve been told locally that’s about €300 per month.

Spanish plumbers etc tend to be cheaper than ex-Brits and many of the latter are not properly qualified (known locally as Ryanair Builders/plumbers etc) 😜😜

The wife pays Solo Autonomo €330 a month.......and I'm listed as her dependent. That covers Health Care (but I'd get that free as an OAP anyway) and goes towards a Pension for her as well.

She'll be able to claim that at 67 (in 5 years time) and by then she'll have reached the minimum 15 years that's required.

But Spanish Pensions are higher than UK ones so with her 15 years she should get about €600-650 a month. Compared to my Brit one of €920 for 35 years!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Considering the area you went to, there was probably a strong field! Brits and Spaniards!

dossing /relaxing same thing its called a holiday , you know ... oh hang on ...

uhm GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

you go on about knuckle dragging brits , you must be in the wrong part of spain , where we was there was a lot of expats , all friendly polite and chatty .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

you go on about knuckle dragging brits , you must be in the wrong part of spain , where we was there was a lot of expats , all friendly polite and chatty .

Were they holidaymakers or residents there?

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Don't think it has the power to stretch a chain Pete ...imagine you could probably run that with a bungee cord.

• Haha 4