Your Day Today!

XTreme

Wish it would make its mind up, rain, stop, rain, stop, and repeat for the last 4 hours.

Want to check over the car for next weeks MOT.

Scared Amazon Video GIF by Red Oaks

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brutal heat this week......but things are going to get easier! Cos I got a price from OTSA last week for aircon in two of the bedrooms! 

The price was €1280 so I called in to see Pedro the boss this morning carrying a nice wad of cash!

They love cash here as it's an opportunity for a spot of dinero negro......which is basically a national sport!

So after a bit of banter I got it down to €1200......which is pretty decent I'd say! With any luck we'll get installation tomorrow.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

you said you’ve never had air con and don’t need it  …. @Marcel I think your right about this twats state of mind

• Haha 3

Today I've been playing with the nephews zx6r. Asked me to service it as it has a misfire. I expected to find a dodgy stick coil but after inspecting and testing resistance they all seemed ok. Gapped and fitted new plugs and all seems well again.
Just turned 7928miles, should have been changed at 7500 so didn't get much extra out of them. Just waiting for new front pads and an air filter and then off to the MOT station. Did the tyre pressures to find 12psi in the front and 18 in the rear. Think he'll notice a difference when he gets it back.:classic_laugh: 

Pads almost down to the metal and plugs shot at 8000, think the previous owner did nothing but thrash it round the block. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

you said you’ve never had air con and don’t need it  …. @Marcel I think your right about this twats state of mind

Wife wanted it cos she's overheating due to her medication.

• Like 4

Test rode my new tyres today at lunch time. Oooooh, so roundey roundey compared to the square ones taken off.

Metzler Tourance NEXTs, same as the ones they replaced, which did a sterling 14,358 miles and were still legal if a little mishapen in profile.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Test rode my new tyres today at lunch time. Oooooh, so roundey roundey compared to the square ones taken off.

Metzler Tourance NEXTs, same as the ones they replaced, which did a sterling 14,358 miles and were still legal if a little mishapen in profile.

Squared off tires are better for you to pretend being a god of balance when stopping for a second or two without putting feet on the ground, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Today I've been playing with the nephews zx6r. Asked me to service it as it has a misfire. I expected to find a dodgy stick coil but after inspecting and testing resistance they all seemed ok. Gapped and fitted new plugs and all seems well again.
Just turned 7928miles, should have been changed at 7500 so didn't get much extra out of them. Just waiting for new front pads and an air filter and then off to the MOT station. Did the tyre pressures to find 12psi in the front and 18 in the rear. Think he'll notice a difference when he gets it back.:classic_laugh: 

Pads almost down to the metal and plugs shot at 8000, think the previous owner did nothing but thrash it round the block. 

Bloody hell...how did he even ride it at those pressures? I run 36f42r and can tell if it's a couple of psi down let alone them pressures. 

He'll think you have changed the tyres too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Wife wanted it cos she's overheating due to her medication... ive got by the last few years by making her sit in front of the fridge with the door open , but she cant see the tv from the kitchen ..

Oh No Wow GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 5

Just been checking the 650 over getting it ready for an MOT. Rear wheel bearings shot and the front tyre cracked at the bottom of the blocks. Wheel bearings were an easy fix just put my spare wheel on the tyre is a bit worn on that one but i think it will be ok

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wondered what that enormous crashing noise I heard earlier was, it was you arriving in the 21st century 😂

Snl Weekend Update GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 5