Your Day Today!

XTreme

Got caught short for a dump in Bakewell … 20p for a shite and worth every penny

This  poster was on the wall on how to wash your hands .. I thought for fuck sake do they really think people are that stupid , then it dawned on me ….., Harley riders 

IMG_9607.jpeg

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Got caught short for a dump in Bakewell … 20p for a shite and worth every penny

This  poster was on the wall on how to wash your hands .. I thought for fuck sake do they really think people are that stupid , then it dawned on me ….., Harley riders 

IMG_9607.jpeg

You took a shit in a cake.

nasty adelayo adedayo GIF by BBC

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You took a shit in a cake.

nasty adelayo adedayo GIF by BBC

Cakes are for eating not shitting in ….

That dinner invite , thanks but I can’t make it now 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Marcel said:

The Indian is loaded up.

Going for its first service tomorrow 9 am.

Screenshot_20230707_153907_Facebook.jpg

20230707_153933.jpg

Fuck when i read that i thought you were off on a road trip after the service. you need to word it better like i have loaded the Indian into the trailer so i wont be let down, i think six has some competition :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 6

Went to feed the horses today as they haven't seen us for four days so they get stressed! They were all fine as our friends Antonio and Sonia were feeding them for us.

Then went to collect the tortoises from our friends Steve and Julie......and they're back home now.

The first thing I did when I got here yesterday evening was check the bike in case any of those fucking midgets had limbo danced under the doors.....but it was as I left it.

No hope of getting out today as it's going to be 40c! But as it is I'd be struggling after the exertions of the last four days anyway.

20230709_111259.jpg.26f3003de222351b0685f36419f33bb4.jpg

• Like 3

Just put a new front tyre on, rear will hopefully go on later when I have cooled down a bit.

I tried putting zip ties on it to help with the change and for removing the tyre it worked a treat. I broke the bead both sides and then fed about 4 or 5 zip ties through between the bead and the wheel rim and tightened them up over about half the tyre before I got bored. Even just that much allowed me to just push the tyre off the rim without using any levers at all. So a totally lever less removal at least.

Thought I'd try zip tying up the new tyre before putting it on the rim, but to be honest it seemed to make it impossible to even get started. In the end I chopped the zip ties, relubed it and pushed it on by hand, then used levers to finish it off.

Going to try the zip ties on the rear later for removal as that is the bit I struggle with, getting the old tyre totally off the rim with only one pair of hands.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Tango said:

I thought that Zaragoza was more South central Spain? I'm pretty sure that I flew into Barcelona and we drove to Zaragoza in a couple of hours. 

Pretty scary though!

No.....it's way up north!

• Like 1

Finished the LED light install today. I decided to make some brackets to mount the lights off the crash bar brackets as it was a bit busy on the handlebars, plus the light was reflecting back off the headlight cowl a bit  so needed to go forward or fit a shroud for that area. i picked up some tube blanks which finished the job off nicely

IMG_0597.thumb.JPG.23113ab953a63eb674f0fe473eb94c1d.JPG

IMG_0598.thumb.JPG.8b3b52d6d624e7f23c928f19fe609b67.JPG

test fit

IMG_0599.thumb.JPG.b998f722841152bb76c5f039ee99cff3.JPG

And completed job see if the charging circuit is up to it

IMG_0600.thumb.JPG.cf6d5d7c1a4bbcdb0fc7822cab0513e2.JPG

• Like 5

Rear tyre on. Zip ties didn't let me remove tyre from rim without levers, but it did go with just two levers and then it fell off suddenly, so definitely makes a difference. Turns out my zip ties were about 1/2 an inch too short so I had to join 2 together to get around tyre, so I will get some longer heavier duty ones for next time.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

Not the first flash this year either. 500 wildfires last year devastating large areas. Worsening drought and water sold on the black market. A sad state of affairs. 

I hear Malaga has decided it can't refill the majority of it's pools and some regions have banned the filling of swimming pools using mains water and due to the electricity prices the law prohibits air-con below 26 degrees. It's going to be a miserable summer for some. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not the first flash food this year either. 500 wildfires last year devastating large areas. Worsening drought and water sold on the black market. A sad state of affairs. 

I hear Malaga has decided it can't refill the majority of it's pools and some regions have banned the filling of swimming pools using mains water and due to the electricity prices the law prohibits air-con below 26 degrees. It's going to be a miserable summer for some. 

Well mine’s running at 24 degrees and it’s fecking lovely. The government can do one.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

No.....it's way up north!

Rode it in a day from mine last summer to meet up with some mates from the UK. On the Himalayan using scenic routes and avoiding all motorways, chugging along at 90 to 100klm per hour. Nearly 600 klms but no problem for the mighty Enfield.

Needed several beers that night.

1EC2371B-006C-4015-8F31-F84EC3436352.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

More shit riding today…..

0912F373-4EEE-4033-9D51-ADE8BB0E7D26.thumb.jpeg.b4c80ce145545b01c739226e9831215a.jpeg

CB8A4F99-4F63-4BBF-8CC3-7B2C8DF123FF.thumb.jpeg.9b434d34153383389b0ef6e9b0708003.jpeg

2DD9FBC1-5B8F-4D0F-B9B7-773B39F7664F.thumb.jpeg.4c78b95b9de658ad5b52a01f115ef09d.jpeg

Looks fabulous Bob, very jealous. Gotta get something to do it on.

A bit of a long shot but have you seen anything of Nathan Millward on a Voge 300 Rally? I think he’s taken a group over.

• Like 1

Today was the first Sunday in weeks where we've not had visitors staying or being away on holiday.  We had a nice leisurely breakfast,  milled around indoors for a bit, went outside and wallowed in the pool for a while and then did a BBQ for dinner. I'll be phoning my mum in a mo, to catch up, although we do text pretty much every day, so I'm not sure what I'll be catching up with! 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tango said:

Today was the first Sunday in weeks where we've not had visitors staying or being away on holiday.  We had a nice leisurely breakfast,  milled around indoors for a bit, went outside and wallowed in the pool for a while and then did a BBQ for dinner. I'll be phoning my mum in a mo, to catch up, although we do text pretty much every day, so I'm not sure what I'll be catching up with! 😂😂

All recovered from the surgery Bob?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yes, it all seems to be OK now thanks, Pete. 

I got my consultation on the Hernia on Thursday!

And today I found two more mates of mine around my age who've got one as well! That makes between 25 to 30 so far!

When you planning on having yours? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3