A tribute to Ogri

Sir Fallsalot

I know some on here new him personally or interacted with him on line its with great sadness i have to say he past away today

He was taken into hospital earlier this week with a headache and was found to have a bleed on the brain they put him in an induced coma and switched the machine off today as there was nothing else that could be done for him 

Here's some unflattering photos of him someone i was happy to call my good friend and ridding buddy

RIP Steve

796824690_yourdancingiscrap.jpg.a662040bd3746e5ea35e65c04d798694.jpg

DSC00720.JPG

DSC00820.JPG

DSC00828.JPG

DSCF1143.JPG

DSCF1346.JPG

DSCF1393.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

Obviously I never met him but I remember him from DSUK or MaximumBikes, I liked how he and his wife went on immensely long road rides on their bandits or fazers, and used to make fun of all the squids that could neither keep up or ride fast enough.

Very sad news, his wife will be going through a difficult time. May he rest in peace.

• Like 2

Absolutely gutted Fred, for you and especially for Dawn and their son.  He was a proper good laugh and a good rider as well, I have a few great memories but you must have loads.  Please pass on my thoughts to Dawn 😔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Absolutely gutted Fred, for you and especially for Dawn and their son.  He was a proper good laugh and a good rider as well, I have a few great memories but you must have loads.  Please pass on my thoughts to Dawn 😔

Yes i'm having a few beers for him now really sad. I've been thinking of all the stupid stuff we done on the bikes over the years which should have killed us but we got away with it and this is what gets him just no sense. He was planning a mountain  bike trip to north wales with his eldest boy and Mike Rob last weekend three days later he's dead.

• Sad 4

RIP Ogri..

Obviously didn't know him though very sad to hear this news fred.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family.

Just think about all those memories and it will get you through.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think he was 61

I thought he'd be about that.......had he had any other health issues or did this just happen out of the blue?

16 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

As far as I’m aware it was only this 

It just goes to show that none of us know what's around the corner!

Just live for today!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

It just goes to show that none of us know what's around the corner!

Just live for today!

Just like my mum, we were on holiday having a nice time, arrived home on the Saturday afternoon, by 2am Sunday morning she had passed away from a brain hemorrhage at 49 years old.............as @XTreme says, we have no idea what awaits us, or when.  😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

Just like my mum, we were on holiday having a nice time, arrived home on the Saturday afternoon, by 2am Sunday morning she had passed away from a brain hemorrhage at 49 years old.............as @XTreme says, we have no idea what awaits us, or when.  😞 

Better we don't know though Clive.

Live every day as if it's our last at our age!

Why do you think I bought a GS? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Clive said:

That’s rough Clive , how old were you when she died ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That’s rough Clive , how old were you when she died ?

I was 23 @boboneleg .....it was how quick it happened that was the shocker..

• Sad 3

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

I thought he'd be about that.......had he had any other health issues or did this just happen out of the blue?

Dawn was telling me that he’d very recently cycled across Scotland, off road, in two days with no ill effects. Always out walking or on his pushbike.

I wonder if it was something congenital that had never been picked up as there was no reason to suspect anything wrong with him?

Funeral is next Friday, the 17th.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 2