Second Weekend in April!

XTreme

1 minute ago, Clive said:

My wife does not get full pension, but seem unable to find out why......she did have some time off work when she had our 2 kids, but not off work for long, and never been out of work.

My attendance allowance made up for her shortfall, and if had not been for that one eyed Scotchman (Gordon Brown) my pit pension would have been alot more than I get now. 

Yeah my wife will only get a small pension, plus with all the alterations to the scheme mine won’t be a full one either, I worked mine out before I finished work on the old pension but now that has gone down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Yeah my wife will only get a small pension, plus with all the alterations to the scheme mine won’t be a full one either, I worked mine out before I finished work on the old pension but now that has gone down.

I did have a private pension, it would not have made me alot on retirement,  but had to draw it out to pay for a parents funeral, i got absolutely hammered with tax, and the pension company where taking a big cut out of it every year.....bastids 

• Sad 3

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's fucking criminal Clive!

You know that France put a cap on the price increase of 4%.......and you lot got hit for 54%.

Yeh....and what happens later this year when the cap goes up again? Just in time for winter, that will thin the old fuckers out,  even less to pay out on pensions.

Think we will move the tele into the kitchen and put one ring on the cooker to keep us warm ish 😀

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Clive said:

Yeh a bit, trying to sort out our finances now that everything seems to have rocketed up in price.......made a big dent in our income.....having to rethink things for the future.

My mum isn't on the full state pension, so she gets a little bit of pension credit, but she's worried about the cost of everything rising. 

My brother had to give up work to care for his missus, as she's got a form of alzheimers, but he don't get a lot of money from the state, so he's struggling too.

It's hard to see how people on lower incomes will survive! The country has been run into the ground, but people will still vote for the shysters. There seems to be no appreciation of Cause and Effect with the general public! Why so many vote against their own best interests bewilders me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When peoples reservoirs and credit lines have completely dried up if they don’t respond it’s going to get nasty.

Think back 30 years to the Poll Tax riots......why aren't we seeing civil disobedience on the streets by now?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Think back 30 years to the Poll Tax riots......why aren't we seeing civil disobedience on the streets by now?

Apathy, Pete! And people being gaslighted by the MSM. Once C4 is sold off there will be no one holding the government to account!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

Apathy, Pete! And people being gaslighted by the MSM. Once C4 is sold off there will be no one holding the government to account!

Checkmate then Bob!

They've voted to lose all their rights and be incarcerated there for ever!

But they knew what they were voting for.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We are a roll over and let em shaft us society now.........people complain about things, stamp their feet, then carry on in the same old way.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Checkmate then Bob!

I saw a bit an interview of Jacob Rees Mogg being "interviewed" by Nick Ferrari on LBC during the week and he was spouting all sorts of bollocks, completely unchallenged by the "interviewer"! People hear a cunt with a plummy voice coming out with this shit and accept it as fact! Serf mentality!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Checkmate then Bob!

I did not vote for it, so I can't complain, so iam told.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Im not convinced there wont be. It takes time for the effects to be felt. It has to start damaging the very basic needs of food, shelter, warmth (thats considered to be clothing btw) and safety. Once enough people are in debt because they cant keep up with the repayments, repossession start, homelessness increases, death by hypothermia goes up and enough ordinary working people are in the same shitty boat thats when the anger starts feeding off itself and expands to riot level.

If the government doesn’t respond swiftly with measures that salve before that point (chuck a few crumbs in the way of the peasants) then I wouldnt be at all surprised if it turns into riot level anger. Its not just pensioners who cant afford this, its the majority of the country- many that’ll be lucky to see any pension at all and they know it so its all fuel into to fire.

Sadly the government is aware that they only need to behave and throw some money about 1 year before an election (they literally save up for this point) and then the twats will vote for their team again regardless. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Im not convinced there wont be. It takes time for the effects to be felt. It has to start damaging the very basic needs of food, shelter, warmth (thats considered to be clothing btw) and safety. Once enough people are in debt because they cant keep up with the repayments, repossession start, homelessness increases, death by hypothermia goes up and enough ordinary working people are in the same shitty boat thats when the anger starts feeding off itself and expands to riot level.

If the government doesn’t respond swiftly with measures that salve before that point (chuck a few crumbs in the way of the peasants) then I wouldnt be at all surprised if it turns into riot level anger. Its not just pensioners who cant afford this, its the majority of the country- many that’ll be lucky to see any pension at all and they know it so its all fuel into to fire.

Sadly the government is aware that they only need to behave and throw some money about 1 year before an election (they literally save up for this point) and then the twats will vote for their team again regardless. 

Well said.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Our generation has been thrown overboard Clive......they'd be happy to kill us all off!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, we're rich compared to how the kids of today will have it when they reach our ages.   Some of the poor sods will be working until they're 85 the way things are going .

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tango said:

There seems to be no appreciation of Cause and Effect with the general public! Why so many vote against their own best interests bewilders me!

It feckin amazes me as well Bob, it amazes me that Joe Public get taken in by their lies.  It's one of the reasons I gave up being a union official years ago, you're rowing against the tide as nobody stands together.

Divide and conquer politics still rule :wank4az:

PS. sorry about the politics :classic_blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, we're rich compared to how the kids of today will have it when they reach our ages.   Some of the poor sods will be working until they're 85 the way things are going .

I agree Bob. one of the things i think is going to hit this generation the most is when they realise what they think is essential is just luxury , There's lads i work with that pay £50 a month for mobile phones that they think they must have, great when they live with their parents their in for a real shock when they eventually get to the real world, i remember when i first moved in with the wife (girlfriend then) i went through a stage of choosing to put fuel in the bike to get to work instead of buying an electric token for the meter towards the end of the week

• Like 5

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Checkmate then Bob!

can we move all this into the Politics thread i started .... lets have some order on here ... ORDER ORDER !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Ukraine asking for it yet?

Dint we send them a bunch? I got some back when they resold it on ammoseek.com for a profit. 😆

Utube says i cant monitiZe this vid due to copy infringement, how the fuck can i feed my 14 children south of the border in Carolina now, fuckin name me Juan and id do better. :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2