Second Weekend in April!

XTreme

18 hours ago, Six30 said:

15 quid for a fucking puncture.....

What? Are they charging for punctures now? I didn't get charged for mine. The nail was free.

• Haha 3

Rode home today, from my parents place up north. I had sort of planned to go on a long 4 or 5 day long ride, but the weather was shit as of yesterday, drove an hour each way yesterday to visit a client and this was the scenery:

IMG_4838.thumb.jpeg.3f156dbef7da1188877af402dad8f52f.jpeg

Lots of accidents on a very rainy motorway which tells me Portuguese people forget how to drive at the first rain, second and third day is not so bad which means all the worse ones crash right away.

Didn't fancy touring around in rainy small roads, and also was in quite a shitty mood so just came home for a few days. Took the coastal road which is a lot less interesting than the hills, but I didn't feel like 5 hours of rain and cold. At first, it seemed like nice enough weather but only a few kms into it the fog started and then the rain, my jacket needs to be treated for water repellence, which made me curse Dainese, didn't get wet as the rain was not prolonged though, but also didn't feel like making many photo stops so no ride report. Only one stop for a coffee near a very moody beach:

IMG_4840.thumb.jpeg.7a1344b0733f78dea1bfe7280b530894.jpeg

IMG_4841.thumb.jpeg.745799ddb32b2636494c85a60613d2da.jpeg

IMG_4842.thumb.jpeg.ba8316466b757785025b9335a3a9cf27.jpeg

They call this the "Atlantic Road", it's a very epic name for a shitty road, Australia coast of California this is not :classic_laugh:

IMG_4843.thumb.jpeg.79e03ef6e7f5d9c6351a0eaed083e4ef.jpeg

Stopped for lunch in a little spot that seemed promising but as I was getting set up it started to rain and three cars full of spaniards arrived, next week being Easter they all go on to invade everything. I couldn't take the noisy lot and, eating outside being unappealing, just got back on the bike and rode home closer to home for a nice snack by the river

IMG_4844.thumb.jpeg.99cf7443b50df0fa83c2423665fa59d3.jpeg

A TDM came and parked next to the GS

IMG_4847.thumb.jpeg.63f588a93a7a13b8f7ead81779098e86.jpeg

Got back on the bike before it started to rain again, bought groceries on the way and made it home with a filthy bike, for another expresso as I write this

IMG_4855.thumb.jpeg.ea7ff3a0a87d6844ab0b64bf463814dd.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Rode home today, from my parents place up north. I had sort of planned to go on a long 4 or 5 day long ride, but the weather was shit as of yesterday, drove an hour each way yesterday to visit a client and this was the scenery:

IMG_4838.thumb.jpeg.3f156dbef7da1188877af402dad8f52f.jpeg

Lots of accidents on a very rainy motorway which tells me Portuguese people forget how to drive at the first rain, second and third day is not so bad which means all the worse ones crash right away.

Didn't fancy touring around in rainy small roads, and also was in quite a shitty mood so just came home for a few days. Took the coastal road which is a lot less interesting than the hills, but I didn't feel like 5 hours of rain and cold. At first, it seemed like nice enough weather but only a few kms into it the fog started and then the rain, my jacket needs to be treated for water repellence, which made me curse Dainese, didn't get wet as the rain was not prolonged though, but also didn't feel like making many photo stops so no ride report. Only one stop for a coffee near a very moody beach:

IMG_4840.thumb.jpeg.7a1344b0733f78dea1bfe7280b530894.jpeg

IMG_4841.thumb.jpeg.745799ddb32b2636494c85a60613d2da.jpeg

IMG_4842.thumb.jpeg.ba8316466b757785025b9335a3a9cf27.jpeg

They call this the "Atlantic Road", it's a very epic name for a shitty road, Australia coast of California this is not :classic_laugh:

IMG_4843.thumb.jpeg.79e03ef6e7f5d9c6351a0eaed083e4ef.jpeg

Stopped for lunch in a little spot that seemed promising but as I was getting set up it started to rain and three cars full of spaniards arrived, next week being Easter they all go on to invade everything. I couldn't take the noisy lot and, eating outside being unappealing, just got back on the bike and rode home closer to home for a nice snack by the river

IMG_4844.thumb.jpeg.99cf7443b50df0fa83c2423665fa59d3.jpeg

A TDM came and parked next to the GS

IMG_4847.thumb.jpeg.63f588a93a7a13b8f7ead81779098e86.jpeg

Got back on the bike before it started to rain again, bought groceries on the way and made it home with a filthy bike, for another expresso as I write this

IMG_4855.thumb.jpeg.ea7ff3a0a87d6844ab0b64bf463814dd.jpeg

Big clean up on the bike now then Pedro?

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Big clean up on the bike now then Pedro?

I don't even know, Pete, not today for sure. That bike is a mess and I'm not really good at cleaning it, it's more of a general wash I'm afraid :classic_laugh: 

Once the weather gets nice for drying it properly, yes, tomorrow or Monday

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

I don't even know, Pete, not today for sure. That bike is a mess and I'm not really good at cleaning it, it's more of a general wash I'm afraid :classic_laugh: 

Once the weather gets nice for drying it properly, yes, tomorrow or Monday

And we've got one of our few dry spells now!

Just now, XTreme said:

And we've got one of our few dry spells now!

It's only been sort of raining up north for a couple of days, we're still in a draught state. Right now I could do it here as it's nice, but just had a nice shower and there's no way I'm doing it now more so after a long ride when it's still hot in places.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Mine was bought 10km away from where I'm drinking it

If you ride 10km on a Vespa, does that convert to riding a normal motorcycle all the way to France for a bottle of wine?

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you ride 10km on a Vespa, does that convert to riding a normal motorcycle all the way to France for a bottle of wine?

And half of that 10km is @Mawsley sliding up the road on his ass!

It’s a fucking tale of woe for the majority of people in the UK, just glad we left when we did. Certainly couldn’t afford to live there now and also couldn’t afford to move to Spain and take residencia now that the rules have changes after Brexit.

On a brighter note I chopped the fuck out of a palm tree today using only a hand held blade. Always been useful with a blade 🤣🤣🤣🤣

……….and the Himalayan is getting a thrashing tomorrow just because. 😂👍

3C2B6149-1297-407D-A3C1-A99D7B7817D3.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’s a fucking tale of woe for the majority of people in the UK, just glad we left when we did. Certainly couldn’t afford to live there now and also couldn’t afford to move to Spain and take residencia now that the rules have changes after Brexit.

On a brighter note I chopped the fuck out of a palm tree today using only a hand held blade. Always been useful with a blade 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We dodged that bullet Ray!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I had a palm tree like that, it got eaten by Egyptian palm tree beatles, so it fell apart and I disposed of it. Now, there were hundred of palm tress starting to grow, like weeds, it was a bugger to pull them all out as they hold on way harder than normal plants. 

Since you cut yours down and it was innocent, lets hope that in a year there's not 50 more :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Those fog lights make it look like your own smilie 🤓

The guy who worked on this was brilliant, its never run so well. :littleguy: