Dumb Questions on FaceButt!

XTreme

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I think I used to undo the radiator bolts and wedge it away a little. Been a long time so not sure any more.

To be fair Yen, that's what I did after the first experience .

• Like 1

I thought the kit under the triumph seat was a bit lightweight, but at least it has the neccessary bits to tension the chain. I still reckon that on most modern bikes, what with the ecu controlling the engine and most other stuff even the dash being digital and electronicly controlled, apart from changing a fuse, there's not much you can repair roadside anyway. so the quality of a toolkit is acedemic. 

• Like 1

"Anyone have a sound system they recommend? I am hearing pros and cons about the Boss 2 speaker system and the MTX Road Thunder. Anyone have either or something else they recommend?"

love actually smh GIF

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

"Anyone have a sound system they recommend? I am hearing pros and cons about the Boss 2 speaker system and the MTX Road Thunder. Anyone have either or something else they recommend?"

love actually smh GIF

there used to be a shop in town called richer sounds (i think all major towns had them )  their shops were full of fancy hifi dont know if they are still going 

The GS's toolkit only has three or four things, but then again most screws you'll see from far away are the same T25 head, and there is no chain to adjust. Apart from that they would be fooling you if you think you could fix it with an under seat toolkit. 

I still have a pletora of all necessary bits and those thing they attach to (second/third language :classic_laugh:) in a plastic roll in a sidecar if it comes to be...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, skyrider said:

there used to be a shop in town called richer sounds (i think all major towns had them )  their shops were full of fancy hifi dont know if they are still going 

Still going, not as big as they were.

@XTreme I choose my sound stuff by the number of watts. Generally the higher the watts the better the quality of sound. Even if you dont want to listen to things cranked to the max the overall sound quality is better from a more powerful unit because the kit has to be able to handle the output without blowing the speakers. If the watts are measured in PMPO (peak music power output) its a sign of shite equipment, the loudest noise a speaker can kick out at its peak is not a good measure so your looking for the highest RMS watts you can find within the budget you set. Can’t remember what RMS stands for but its power output measured over time to give a mean which produces lower numbers that manufacturers dont like to reveal if the gear is crap so they hide behind PMPO.

Its very hard to recommend a particular brand as most are completely inconsistent in what they produce. Sony for example generally gives you very little power for your money but occasionally produces something good.

The size of the speakers and the RMS watts are your friends when trying to sort the wheat from the chaff. The bigger the better has always been my experience especially for bass sounds. If the watts are not listed or hidden in tiny print avoid.  If you already know this stuff my apologies.

edit- looked it up RMS is ‘route mean squared.’

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTreme I choose my sound stuff by the number of watts. Generally the higher the watts the better the quality of sound. Even if you dont want to listen to things cranked to the max the overall sound quality is better from a more powerful unit because the kit has to be able to handle the output without blowing the speakers. If the watts are measured in PMPO (peak music power output) its a sign of shite equipment, the loudest noise a speaker can kick out at its peak is not a good measure so your looking for the highest RMS watts you can find within the budget you set. Can’t remember what RMS stands for but its power output measured over time to give a mean which produces lower numbers that manufacturers dont like to reveal if the gear is crap so they hide behind PMPO.

Its very hard to recommend a particular brand as most are completely inconsistent in what they produce. Sony for example generally gives you very little power for your money but occasionally produces something good.

The size of the speakers and the RMS watts are your friends when trying to sort the wheat from the chaff. The bigger the better has always been my experience especially for bass sounds. If the watts are not listed or hidden in tiny print avoid.  If you already know this stuff my apologies.

edit- looked it up RMS is ‘route mean squared.’

It was a stupid FB question for sound systems on bikes!

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

"Whats your favorite COFFEE MAKER for Tour Camping?"

I saw that one too! didn't know wether to laugh or cry

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MooN said:

I saw that one too! didn't know wether to laugh or cry

I’ve been present while one of those coffee conversations genuinely took place, I didn’t hide my thoughts and realised I’d been standing there for five minutes with my nose screwed up 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

"Do any of you have the problem of your hand going numb?"

Andy Richter Eye Roll GIF

Just switch to the left, always nice to vary... :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Just switch to the left, always nice to vary... :classic_laugh:

Then, the right gets all pissy for being cheated on.

• Haha 6

On 10/05/2021 at 07:48, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh hahaha didnt read the beginning of the post being a bit dumb.. 😂 

tenormm.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alfalfa said:

Then, the right gets all pissy for being cheated on.

Hopefully gaining a new appreciation for it and not getting numb next time

• Haha 2

Not a question as such......but totally bewildering nonetheless:

"You wont get that feel until you rip it apart to the nut level and later you ride the same machine continuously for 13 hours and cross 3 states!!"

wwe what GIF

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/05/2021 at 12:07, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was one of the lucky ones Bob some only got the screwdriver and fuse puller others had nothing at all :classic_laugh:

IMG_9265.thumb.JPG.249339df00ba411a12fa83a61919771a.JPG

This comes with the Harley, should I be concerned?

E52536AC-5A5D-46CA-8BAC-69548155E468.thumb.jpeg.06cf08fc048a1ef2a0620db83f78860a.jpeg

• Haha 2