Dumb Questions on FaceButt!

XTreme

10 minutes ago, Tym said:

Let the people who work on chit carry tools ffs.

🤓

No mention of what model and what distance.....and it's a new bike so it's bound to have a toolkit under the seat!

Thick as shit!

"I have taken a liking to wearing a hockey jersey over my riding gear. It brightens up dark riding gear without being safety orange or yellow. Anyone else do the same?"

Britney Spears What GIF

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No mention of what model and what distance.....and it's a new bike so it's bound to have a toolkit under the seat!

Thick as shit!

Unfortunately the tool kits that come with new bikes now ain't worth shit. Cant even adjust the chain with the tools that came with my Africa Twin and i had more than most

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Unfortunately the tool kits that come with new bikes now ain't worth shit. Cant even adjust the chain with the tools that came with my Africa Twin and i had more than most

I thought that might be the case with the Beemer toolkit cos there wasn't as much in there as I expected.

But it turned out the chain tools were all in there!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thick as shit!

Tools are why i brought Tammy on the long trips...lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

Thick as shit!

Have you seen the 'tool kit' that comes with new Hondas nowadays (or any other jap bike for that matter), you'd be better off with a leatherman and the spanners from your meccano set 😵

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOps , sorry Fred. I didn't see you'd written pretty much the same before I replied.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tym said:

Tools are why i brought Tammy on the long trips...lol

No wonder you don't go further than the dockside when you're on your own

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

No wonder you don't go further than the dockside when you're on your own

Cant be to careful when you ride a KLR!

🤓

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Have you seen the 'tool kit' that comes with new Hondas nowadays (or any other jap bike for that matter), you'd be better off with a leatherman and the spanners from your meccano set 😵

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOps , sorry Fred. I didn't see you'd written pretty much the same before I replied.

I was one of the lucky ones Bob some only got the screwdriver and fuse puller others had nothing at all :classic_laugh:

IMG_9265.thumb.JPG.249339df00ba411a12fa83a61919771a.JPG

• Like 2

When i break down i need a fuckin Snap-on truck full of tools anyways why bother. Tuna fish samwich and drinkie poo's, wait for recovery.

🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Vespas now come with a spanner for the rear shock - that's it. It's almost like they are exclusively purchased by Welsh ex-pats with a local spannerman.

Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was one of the lucky ones Bob some only got the screwdriver and fuse puller others had nothing at all :classic_laugh:

IMG_9265.thumb.JPG.249339df00ba411a12fa83a61919771a.JPG

You were lucky to get a spark plug spanner.  The 'tool kit' of the Rally and the Tenere were both pathetic, they don't even give you the tools to remove the wheels .

• Like 1

Odd, you should discuss this today. I tried to test my battery voltage today using the heated vest plug wired into it. The two terminals are a fraction of a millimetre apart so of course I managed to bridge it with my tester points and heard the snick of the fuse blowing. Stupid plug design!

So I popped the cover off the electrics to change the fuse and whilst I was in that region I took out the Yamaha tool kit for the first ever time to chuck it in a drawer for safe keeping. It had a spark plug spanner, and I usually find the ones that come with the bikes are the best. It was really wedged behind all the wiring, glad I did it in daylight!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@boboneleg yes that's what puzzled me none of those spanners fit the wheel spindles i haven't a clue what the 19mm ring spanner is for

@yen_powell I've found that especially with the xr400 plug nigh impossible to remove without the spark plug tool that came with the bike.

If you've got a Honda the O/E plug spanner is always the one to have.

• Like 1

I've got a couple of the XRV OE spark plug sockets still. One rusted up badly through years in the bike tool kit, but they were very good for changing the 4 plugs on the AT, especially when teamed with a socket and ratchet. The pivoting part means you can almost remove a plug round a corner.

• Like 2

"At present I have BMW F650GS,  lovely bike, but very heavy for me, even without luggage on it. I was thinking of trading it in for a v-Strom"

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I've got a couple of the XRV OE spark plug sockets still. One rusted up badly through years in the bike tool kit, but they were very good for changing the 4 plugs on the AT, especially when teamed with a socket and ratchet. The pivoting part means you can almost remove a plug round a corner.

without leaving your knuckle skin on the radiator  😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

without leaving your knuckle skin on the radiator  😁

I think I used to undo the radiator bolts and wedge it away a little. Been a long time so not sure any more.

• Like 1