Are you looking to be offended?

XTreme

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Oh yeh.....why do you think most of us here have been hanging out together for the best part of 20 years?

Cos with one or two exceptions (like Bob for instance) the rest of us are not wanted on any other forums.

And it's not cause we're not real motorcyclists.....cos we are. It's just that everybody here, in one way or another, is a complete nutter.

and nothing wrong with that :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

He's left now......think he's seen all he needs to see.

Pity he didn't check out Ride Reports while he was here......around 65 reports this year so far. 

While over there, the last ride report from a regular was done by me last December.

And people say we're a low rent, low quality forum? 

Here's a report from a ride last week.... i got asked if i was with the AJS owners club by an old boy the other day as i got off my bike , i kid ye not.... he wasn't even on a AJS had an  old Triumph... 

i poked the idiot in the eye chucked my coffee over him and fooked off

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Glitch for one......but Moon tells me he's one of those dead serious adventure types.

Whereas we just enjoy what we do and don't take ourselves too seriously.

His reports, great as they are (and they are great), are the same as creating content and then copy paste it everywhere. Spending 1 minute re-posting and then expecting adulation, probably better suited to other places where you get 100 members posting "got my beer (+ popcorn smilie) and just subscribed to this thread!"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Who says it, though, Pete? And do they matter?

Clive said it once , he thought he got away with it. but no ones seen or heard from him since.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

His reports, great as they are (and they are great), are the same as creating content and then copy paste it everywhere. Spending 1 minute re-posting and then expecting adulation, probably better suited to other places where you get 100 members posting "got my beer (+ popcorn smilie) and just subscribed to this thread!"

You know what Pedro, I never thought of it that way but I think your probably right there ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You know what Pedro, I never thought of it that way but I think your probably right there ?

Yeh......that's a pretty good description I'd say!

The thing is, none of us here are trying to be Nick Sanders or Austin Vince.

We're just a bunch of guys having fun on their bikes, in between the other things we have going on in our lives. That's it!

It doesn't define us as people.....and we don't build our whole lives around it. We're not trying to make a statement or pretending to be something we're not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Cos 

Marilyn Monroe Dipshit GIF

Do you know what Caroline, (it is Caroline isn't it ?)  If you can't laugh at yourself and your mates then what's the feckin point  :classic_laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Do you know what Caroline, (it is Caroline isn't it ?)  If you can't laugh at yourself and your mates then what's the feckin point  :classic_laugh:

Some people take it way too seriously it has to be said!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Some people take it way too seriously it has to be said!

I’m going to stab one of you fuckers in the face anytime now.

• Haha 6

On 03/04/2021 at 14:20, Swagman said:

Now why the fuck would I do a daft thing like that, just had a bit of a break is all other things to do spring is in the air and have a few bits and bobs to get sorted around and about, busy busy busy that’s me.???

I heard on the grapevine you'd turned in to a snowflake and was really offended by something some other snowflake had said 

• Haha 1

Things have got even more surreal! 

As you're aware, Clive asked for his account to be closed and his data deleted after @Bruce made a jokey comment about him posting shit. 

My position is that I legally have to comply with that request otherwise I'm in breach of GDPR. I have no choice if someone requests that.

I didn't like to have to do that because I'd known Clive on another forum since 2013.....and he joined up here when we opened. So he's not a stranger to us.

And I've said on here more than once that the door is always open to him if he wants to rejoin......but that's a decision he has to make himself.

Anyway, I mentioned on here that he'd unfriended me on FB......again that's his decision. Well I just checked now and he's gone even further by completely blocking me so I can't see his page at all.

Now you might say that he may have closed his account on FB.....well he hasn't. I've got a backup account on there and I can see his page no problem.

I've seen some odd behaviour related to forums over the years, but I gotta say that this is probably one of the oddest. Don't get me wrong.....I won't lose any sleep over it. It is what it is!

I'm just trying to find some logic in all of this! Beats me! 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think logic and people's behaviour are two things that are unrelated at the moment.

At a basic level people need to feel they have control, for lack of a better word, over something, anything in their lives and it can be the smallest thing.

For some it is their house, or their job, or just how their closet is organized, but they need to feel that they are in command of the situation.

Perhaps this is all he has to control and feels the need to do so in strange ways?

But logic has left most I feel, long ago. :littleguy:

shaking get it together GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Things have got even more surreal! 

As you're aware, Clive asked for his account to be closed and his data deleted after @Bruce made a jokey comment about him posting shit. 

My position is that I legally have to comply with that request otherwise I'm in breach of GDPR. I have no choice if someone requests that.

I didn't like to have to do that because I'd known Clive on another forum since 2013.....and he joined up here when we opened. So he's not a stranger to us.

And I've said on here more than once that the door is always open to him if he wants to rejoin......but that's a decision he has to make himself.

Anyway, I mentioned on here that he'd unfriended me on FB......again that's his decision. Well I just checked now and he's gone even further by completely blocking me so I can't see his page at all.

Now you might say that he may have closed his account on FB.....well he hasn't. I've got a backup account on there and I can see his page no problem.

I've seen some odd behaviour related to forums over the years, but I gotta say that this is probably one of the oddest. Don't get me wrong.....I won't lose any sleep over it. It is what it is!

Nothing to do with him catching you fingering his mrs at that meet in 2015 ?

• Haha 2