Rain

Specs

Why is it that every time I consider getting on the bike the forecast is shit, or it forecasts rain and when I'm doing something else there's dry weather all day? Time was that I used to go out in all weathers but truth be told I have now become a fair weather rider. The strange thing is that I don't really mind a lot if I'm on a tour or similar. No choice then I suppose.

Do my fellow geriatrics also find that their riding habits are more weather dependant than they used to be?  Moving to Spain is not an option!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Specs said:

Why is it that every time I consider getting on the bike the forecast is shit, or it forecasts rain and when I'm doing something else there's dry weather all day? Time was that I used to go out in all weathers but truth be told I have now become a fair weather rider. The strange thing is that I don't really mind a lot if I'm on a tour or similar. No choice then I suppose.

Do my fellow geriatrics also find that their riding habits are more weather dependant than they used to be?  Moving to Spain is not an option!

I check the long range weather forecast, iam looking at May at the moment....... 😂 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Specs said:

Do my fellow geriatrics also find that their riding habits are more weather dependant than they used to be?

No change here! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No change here! :classic_laugh:

Apparently, you’ve always been a fucking lightweight 🤣

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

Apparently, you’ve always been a fucking lightweight 🤣

Had to use a bike to go to work for most of the 70's...... I've had more than enough of that shit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If (when I ride 😂) I get caught in the rain when out, that's ok by me, but I won't set off in the rain if I am going out on a ride for the fun of it.

• Like 4

I was out yesterday, it was cold but that doesn't bother me. Don't mind the rain if I'm already out, but don't like to go out in it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think i'm getting the same way. I don't mind getting soaked from the ground up but i'm not a fan of getting soaked from the sky down anymore

casual GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

I was out yesterday, it was cold but that doesn't bother me. Don't mind the rain if I'm already out, but don't like to go out in it.

That's the way I look at it, went out on Sunday in the Sunshine and got rained oni all good.  Now if it was pissing down I am not sure I would have got out the door.    Not for a joy ride anyway.  

• Like 4

I could have gone out on fucking Saturday morning but.... the Mrs took skye to one of her friend's and the garage key is on her set.... only had 1 key for garage though that's sorted now and I have a garage key on my keys too now.

Legend has it she's taking skye out again thus Saturday so...... if she does I'll be out for a ride 

• Like 2

I don't ride in the rain as much as I used to .  I'll still go for a trail ride in the rain but I'm not overly keen riding on roads in it.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, busabeast said:

Just get out on the bike, why be a fair weather rider

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

I could have gone out on fucking Saturday morning but.... the Mrs took skye to one of her friend's and the garage key is on her set.... only had 1 key for garage though that's sorted now and I have a garage key on my keys too now.

Legend has it she's taking skye out again thus Saturday so...... if she does I'll be out for a ride 

Pop GIF by PIZZA PALS PLAYZONE

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

I could have gone out on fucking Saturday morning but.... the Mrs took skye to one of her friend's and the garage key is on her set...

And we have a new excuse! They just keep getting better!

Tune in next week because we might have a meteor shower hitting the garage, or shapeshifting aliens stealing the plug caps off the Busa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And we have a new excuse! They just keep getting better!

Tune in next week because we might have a meteor shower hitting the garage, or shapeshifting aliens stealing the plug caps off the Busa!

Or someone has hidden the step stool so the little fat cunt can’t get on the bike.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Or someone has hidden the step stool so the little fat cunt can’t get on the bike.

krispy kreme people GIF

I don’t go out if it’s wet, or for that matter when there is a ton of salt on the roads. Really aggravates me having them caked in salt which then either causes instant rust or turns the garage floor into a dank mess. However well you think you have washed it all off inevitably you’ve missed a bit, or a lot. 

Round here the grit truck is out seemingly within 20 mins of the last rainfall, even if it’s not forecast to go below 5 degrees for the next few days. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Nute said:

I don’t go out if it’s wet, or for that matter when there is a ton of salt on the roads. Really aggravates me having them caked in salt which then either causes instant rust or turns the garage floor into a dank mess. However well you think you have washed it all off inevitably you’ve missed a bit, or a lot. 

Round here the grit truck is out seemingly within 20 mins of the last rainfall, even if it’s not forecast to go below 5 degrees for the next few days. 

No salt over here.....thank god!

Salt! 😡  the main road near us is permanently grey with salt, if I go out on the scoot/car after it has rained it would be like riding through a acid bath. 😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nute said:

Where are you in UK @Nute  ?