Freddie Dobbs' Bonneville T100 SE Saga

Tango

I wonder what's the freedom of a journalist to just start fiddling with a loaner bike's wires and mechanicals?

Doing "his own maintenance" isn't probably what any company is expecting people to do to their loaner bikes :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That would seem like they're afraid of his "journalism", they might as well easily have no free bikes for him from now on. 

Possibly, I am sure he could crow hard about it on Youtube but to do so would not help the little credibility he has as a bike 'Journo'.   I doubt any manufacturer apart from the most desperate would have a bar of him in terms of a review bike if he did.  I think he should stick to the pretty pictures and happy vids as well as his foolery, it works and is entertaining on several levels.   He has 120k subscribers so is doing something right I suppose.   

I just checked and he couldn't blame the dodgey connection of his Quadlock for a parasitic draw as they are one of his channel sponsor.   🤣    Not that he even realised that that maybe the cause.   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I wonder what's the freedom of a journalist to just start fiddling with a loaner bike's wires and mechanicals?

Doing "his own maintenance" isn't probably what any company is expecting people to do to their loaner bikes :classic_laugh:

Yeah not a leg to stand on but does he know that? 🤣   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i liked the video ... he was in Kent , i stop for a coffee at Westerham ...

was hoping he would of got out on bike to see if i recognized any where else he went.

did  i miss something in the video, what caused the battery to go flat ?

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i liked the video ... he was in Kent , i stop for a coffee at Westerham ...

was hoping he would of got out on bike to see if i recognized any where else he went.

did  i miss something in the video, what caused the battery to go flat ?

He wired his Qualock USB straight to the battery unswitched.  Next thing he has a flat battery, I would guess he created a parasitic draw.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Saul said:

He wired his Qualock USB straight to the battery unswitched.  Next thing he has a flat battery, I would guess he created a parasitic draw.  

what a twat... and he never realized 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what a twat... and he never realized 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF🤣

Nope, and watching the pitiful attempts at a bump start, Youtube gold 🤣

• Haha 5

I remember in the early 1980s Bike magazine reviewed a Honda and slagged it off, justifiably,  so Honda withdrew all advertising from the mag. Bike magazine wouldn't back down and carried on without the Honda advertising. Several years later Honda were back advertising in the mag again! Journalistic integrity! Unfortunately, that seems to be a little lacking these days. That's not to say that Freddie's latest mishap wasn't self-inflicted! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think my groin would need to make a comeback!

Would you believe that we're now on Day 66?

Post a link to it on fred dobbs youtube comments Pete. All those people are currently unaware of the progress.

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Tango said:

I remember in the early 1980s Bike magazine reviewed a Honda and slagged it off, justifiably,  so Honda withdrew all advertising from the mag. Bike magazine wouldn't back down and carried on without the Honda advertising. Several years later Honda were back advertising in the mag again! Journalistic integrity! Unfortunately, that seems to be a little lacking these days. That's not to say that Freddie's latest mishap wasn't self-inflicted! 😂😂😂

do we know which model it was  ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skyrider said:

do we know which model it was  ?

From what I can remember it was the CX500 Turbo......cos that had quite a few issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

From what I can remember it was the CX500 Turbo......cos that had quite a few issues.

A turbo charged maggot what the hell were Honda thinking, i couldn't understand why, of all the bikes they produced then they picked that pile of crap to stick a turbo on LOL

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

A turbo charged maggot what the hell were Honda thinking, i couldn't understand why, of all the bikes they produced then they picked that pile of crap to stick a turbo on LOL

Maybe it needed it the most? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

"Make it as simple as possible for the viewers", for him more like.

Is there a reason for the cam timing to be so far out, I'd guess a previous owner had been in there?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

a few dispatchers used the standard cx

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I rode a mate's CX (the standard one) in the late 70's and it was awful!

Yet they had quite a following.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

I rode a mate's CX (the standard one) in the late 70's and it was awful!

Yet they had quite a following.

I know they had a following that is another thing i couldn't understand LOL A mate of mine had a silverwing used to get quite annoyed when we called it a CX or a dressed maggot LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3