Freddie Dobbs' Bonneville T100 SE Saga

Tango

On 05/02/2024 at 09:11, Saul said:

Yes I have been following Freddie's Bonnie saga.   The guy who has it now seems to know his stuff.  Funnily enough Pete introduced me to Freddie and to begin with I was put off by his accent but have warmed to him now and enjoy what he does.    I liked his recent Trans Alp adventures up north.  

Curious what you mean that you were put off by his accent?  I'm from the US and am curious about the implications of English dialects and how they are interpreted within the UK.  Please do elaborate.  I may have been thinking the same thing as an American, lol!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stevels said:

Curious what you mean that you were put off by his accent?  I'm from the US and am curious about the implications of English dialects and how they are interpreted within the UK.  Please do elaborate.  I may have been thinking the same thing as an American, lol!

Well Freddy sounds very posh whereas none of us here could be considered to sound posh 

Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Stevels said:

The class system is alive and well in Britain.......and he sounds very "upper class".

Rare to find them involved in motorcycling as it's usually seen as a working class / blue collar environment.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The class system is alive and well in Britain.......and he sounds very "upper class".

Rare to find them involved in motorcycling as it's usually seen as a working class / blue collar environment.

He also may accentuate it on purpose, to sound extra british, because he's a twat.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He also may accentuate it on purpose, to sound extra british, because he's a twat.

A posh sounding twat who can't bump start a bike on a provided slope no less!🙄

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I'm not sure he does you know.  We get lots of his sort down here for their Holibobs and they do sound like that in the real world.  Normally much louder the Hooray twats.  🤣

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Stevels said:

He sounds like a feckless twat, then you see him trying to do something on a bike and you realise he is a feckless twat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

He sounds like a feckless twat, then you see him trying to do something on a bike and you realise he is a feckless twat.

Yes but a very smart looking feckless twat 

rq-yay.gif.5af3e2e104571e7ca8c5a2d63bfffd96.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

He'll be the first one to notice and point it out, too. The twat.

Something happy happens inside me when I call him a twat. 

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

• Haha 5

Fuck me he is really getting boring now, I can't believe I sat through that twaddle.  

• Haha 1