The Long Hot Summer of 76!

XTreme

What a great Summer that was!

I was in Swansea and married to my first wife! Working in the stores at Neath General Hospital Monday to Friday, and then working at a Petrol Station on Jersey Marine on the weekends!

I had to do the two jobs because the waste of space first wife jacked her job in a week after we got married in February!

But I did get a week away in June though.......unfortunately she was with me complaining all the fucking time! Anybody know where this pic was taken?

1976wc.png.d2bc5b21872e59935295cf2e0639b29c.png

So where were you? What were you doing? And what were you riding?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

i was on £75 per week bring home

Fucking hell......I used to bring home about £120 a month in the Hospital, and £15 for the Saturday and Sunday shifts 8am-8pm in the petrol station.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Fucking hell......I used to bring home about £120 a month in the Hospital, and £15 for the Saturday and Sunday shifts 8am-8pm in the petrol station.

Basic weekly pay there was about £35per week, we were paid on how many bricks we could set in the kilns each week, we could meet the basic required amount by Wednesday easily, after that we were on bonus money.

Not long after that photo was taken the NCB sold the brickwork to the Midland Brick Co who preceeded to close it down, I was transferred to Welbeck colliery,  and my wages fell to £40 per week bring home.

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Clive said:

Basic weekly pay there was about £35per week, we were paid on how many bricks we could set in the kilns each week, we could meet the basic required amount by Wednesday easily, after that we were on bonus money.

Not long after that photo was taken the NCB sold the brickwork to the Midland Brick Co who preceeded to close it down, I was transferred to Welbeck colliery,  and my wages fell to £40 per week bring home.

Were you still with the first wife then?

• Like 2

I was 17 years old and riding two things; a Suzuki GT250 and Debbie Jackson. She was my childhood sweetheart and I fancied her even at infants school………we ended up buying a place together when we were 21 and planning to get married.

Then I fucked that up. What a twat………🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.fcc42a8440ac3b36651f4ff0fc5a6bda.jpeg

• Like 4

On 16/10/2023 at 14:31, XTreme said:

What a great Summer that was!

I was in Swansea and married to my first wife! Working in the stores at Neath General Hospital Monday to Friday, and then working at a Petrol Station on Jersey Marine on the weekends!

I had to do the two jobs because the waste of space first wife jacked her job in a week after we got married in February!

But I did get a week away in June though.......unfortunately she was with me complaining all the fucking time! Anybody know where this pic was taken?

1976wc.png.d2bc5b21872e59935295cf2e0639b29c.png

So where were you? What were you doing? And what were you riding?

North South Devon coast ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

I was 12 years old....I was probably looking for ice cream. 

At 12 I was looking for a pub where I could get served……..took me 3 years but worth it. 🤣

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Are you mad? Confess on here?………..oh go on then……..she had a really good mate called Susan 🤣

You banged her best mate?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You banged her best mate?

My lips are sealed……………..hers, on the other hand, weren’t 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know I’m being very blasé about it but it was a really stupid thing to do and I did regret it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Worked in a hospital .. hmm 

IMG_0831.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I was in the third year of my apprenticeship.  I had my Honda CD175, but chopped it in in August for an RD350B. I think I was earning around £20-25 a week. I had a girlfriend called Helen, but my mates called her Swan Vesta! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1976 I was working at Nash of Cardiff as a HGV fitter I had been working for them for about 2 months and because of the nice weather me and a few mates decided to have a week or two away at Dawlish Warren, it was so nice and we were having so much fun we decided to stay a few more months. Came back to no job.

At that time I had this bike for about 8 years Triumph T110 650.

Me and Karl.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

1976 I was working at Nash of Cardiff as a HGV fitter I had been working for them for about 2 months and because of the nice weather me and a few mates decided to have a week or two away at Dawlish Warren, it was so nice and we were having so much fun we decided to stay a few more months. Came back to no job.

Me and Karl.jpg

That’s a chopper kind of thing with an offroad fender?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

Me and Karl.jpg

Nice perm Phil  

• Haha 2