The Long Hot Summer of 76!

XTreme

10 hours ago, Renegade said:

1976 I was working at Nash of Cardiff as a HGV fitter I had been working for them for about 2 months and because of the nice weather me and a few mates decided to have a week or two away at Dawlish Warren, it was so nice and we were having so much fun we decided to stay a few more months. Came back to no job.

At that time I had this bike for about 8 years Triumph T110 650.

Me and Karl.jpg

It's Frank zappa....

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

What a great Summer that was!

I was in Swansea and married to my first wife! Working in the stores at Neath General Hospital Monday to Friday, and then working at a Petrol Station on Jersey Marine on the weekends!

I had to do the two jobs because the waste of space first wife jacked her job in a week after we got married in February!

But I did get a week away in June though.......unfortunately she was with me complaining all the fucking time! Anybody know where this pic was taken?

1976wc.png.d2bc5b21872e59935295cf2e0639b29c.png

So where were you? What were you doing? And what were you riding?

I wasn't even a twinkle in my old man's eye, 9 years before I was even thought about

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

What a great Summer that was!

I was in Swansea and married to my first wife! Working in the stores at Neath General Hospital Monday to Friday, and then working at a Petrol Station on Jersey Marine on the weekends!

I had to do the two jobs because the waste of space first wife jacked her job in a week after we got married in February!

But I did get a week away in June though.......unfortunately she was with me complaining all the fucking time! Anybody know where this pic was taken?

1976wc.png.d2bc5b21872e59935295cf2e0639b29c.png

So where were you? What were you doing? And what were you riding?

Look even then he had a fucking top box on his bike.... he's got form it would seem. 

I'm going to guess not in England... France somewhere?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Look even then he had a fucking top box on his bike.... he's got form it would seem. 

I'm going to guess not in England... France somewhere?

It was taken in Babbacombe!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Oh shut up !  I bet you had your own personal set of curlers 

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Image of Kevin Keegan didn’t come in to my head when you said you had a perm … I thought of Kenn Dodd

• Haha 3