Not for all the Tea in China.......!

Tango

What job would you not do, even if you were offered huge sums of money to do it?

For me it would have to be working at sea, especially something like a deep sea fisherman. 

Whenever I see a shipwreck, even photos or videos of wrecks, the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end! Videos of guys working on deep sea fishing boats in stormy seas make my skin crawl!

What about you guys?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Tango said:

What job would you not do, even if you were offered huge sums of money to do it?

For me it would have to be working at sea, especially something like a deep sea fisherman. 

Whenever I see a shipwreck, even photos or videos of wrecks, the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end! Videos of guys working on deep sea fishing boats in stormy seas make my skin crawl!

What about you guys?

Anything that involves tools, dirt, water, or physical activity.

Sitting on my ass in front of a screen is just right for me!

• Haha 7

Any thing where i would be working for some one else ... i do what the fuck i want and thats how i like it , 

I  work,  but i haven't done a days work for about 25 years, cause i enjoy doing what i do ... that's the secret

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Clive said:

The job of changing the warning light bulb on the very top of the Burj Kalifah building.

Scared Odeon Cinemas GIF by Signature Entertainment

See id do that job, for me it would have to be something office based, I can't stand being stuck indoors 

• Like 5

A realistic one for me is doing electrical work on peoples houses no fucking way, i done some domestic electrical work when i was 16 and what i learnt was i never want to work on houses ever again especially with people in them, i might tolerate a new build but that's it.

My boss had me price a rewire on a house about 15 years ago and when i gave him the quote i said to him if you get the job i wont be working there, he said you'll have to if we have no other work, i told him no i only have to if i'm working for you put me on that job and i'll be gone and we've never priced a domestic job since. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

A realistic one for me is doing electrical work on peoples houses no fucking way, i done some domestic electrical work when i was 16 and what i learnt was i never want to work on houses ever again especially with people in them, i might tolerate a new build but that's it.

My boss had me price a rewire on a house about 15 years ago and when i gave him the quote i said to him if you get the job i wont be working there, he said you'll have to if we have no other work, i told him no i only have to if i'm working for you put me on that job and i'll be gone and we've never priced a domestic job since. :classic_biggrin:

One of my neighbours when I lived in the UK was a domestic plumber, but he only worked on new builds. Absolutely refused to work on anything else. He'd drive halfway across the country to a new build rather than work in an occupied house! 

My brother used to work for the building maintenance for a housing association.  He hated having to work in occupied houses. Renovating "voids" was his favourite, especially ripping out old kitchens and heating systems to fit new ones. Somehow the old copper piping found its way into his van! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tango said:

One of my neighbours when I lived in the UK was a domestic plumber, but he only worked on new builds. Absolutely refused to work on anything else. He'd drive halfway across the country to a new build rather than work in an occupied house! 

My brother used to work for the building maintenance for a housing association.  He hated having to work in occupied houses. Renovating "voids" was his favourite, especially ripping out old kitchens and heating systems to fit new ones. Somehow the old copper piping found its way into his van! 

The one that hit it home for me was when i was 16 i had to work in a house in the Rhymney valley (not Rhymney in Cardiff). The house was occupied by i teenage single parent, when she opened the door i thought oh aye shes a bit of alright but when i entered the property i had to go back outside to take a breath of air it stank in there. Once inside i could see why there was shit rubbed up the walls actual shit not dirt, half the windows were plastic sheets as the glass had gone and she had what looked like a new born baby in a cot. The job we had to do was only a few hours work and it was horrible, An easy job in a new build but we were scared to touch anything there it was fucking filthy and when we went to tell the girl we were off she was nowhere to be seen. The guy i was with said we cant leave as the baby is still here so we hung around, She turned up about 3 hours later the baby slept through it and didn't know anything about it. The guy gave her a talking to and we left, looking back now i would have been straight on the phone to the police and the social services within minutes 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Work in a slaughter house.  I used to play rugby with two guys who did, they weren't normal.   Wether it was the work that attracted weird people or the work made them weird but it is something I could never do.   I know I am like most and a hypocrite because I eat meat but if I had to kill and clean it myself I wouldn't.  

I remember my dad helping out on my uncles smallholding and them slaughtering stuff.  Seemed normal when we were kids, seems horrific now.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Saul said:

Work in a slaughter house.  I used to play rugby with two guys who did, they weren't normal.   Wether it was the work that attracted weird people or they work made them weird but it is something I could never do.   I know I am like most and a hypocrite because I eat meat but if I had to kill and clean myself I wouldn't.  

I remember my dad helping out on my uncles smallholding and them slaughtering stuff.  Seemed normal when we were kids, seems horrific now.  

I worked a bit in a turkey abattoir it was quite interesting how the killing process worked and boy did it have an odd stench about it. We went through 3 electricians over 3 weeks there they all handed their notice in which was great because we were looking for a way to get rid of the useless feckers :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I worked for an insulation firm shortly after leaving school. Had 2 spells at Bernard Matthews. When we were outside it was ok but inside the stink was bloody awful. Didn't quit but I'm sure it crossed my mind.

• Like 1