Your Day Today!

XTreme

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We just got back from the flat!

20230506_124957-min.jpg.e962143f51cddfac0b93c1107eb530ad.jpg

It's looking a lot better now than a couple of days ago......but it's still not at the standard it was when they moved in. We're back there again this evening.

And the fucking skank has taken Paco's mini oven, ironing board, and sweeping brush.......we'll need to get him to confirm if she's nicked anything else.

She’s not nicked em … she’s eaten them 

• Haha 2

Pressure's really fucking on now!

Paco just phoned and said he's got a potential buyer for the flat, so his wife Alicia is showing them round tomorrow! :classic_ohmy:

We really gotta go for it now.......they can't go in there while it's still got a lingering odour of Polish death camp!

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, XTreme said:

.......and Pillows!

She must have been regretting not staying at your house now, a nice big screen tv and a cb500x …

• Haha 4

A family up the road to me bought a bigger house only one street away from their old address. On the day they took possession they found that the sellers had taken the patio with them. There was just a sad looking area of sand and cement with the pattern of the slabs that had been taken.

They could have taken legal action as it was shown on the fixtures and fittings list, but in the end their estate agent was so embarrassed he paid for the patio to be rebuilt.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Pressure's really fucking on now!

Paco just phoned and said he's got a potential buyer for the flat, so his wife Alicia is showing them round tomorrow! :classic_ohmy:

We really gotta go for it now.......they can't go in there while it's still got a lingering odour of Polish death camp!

Thank me later

• Haha 3

It's been pissing down all day so thought i'd do a little maintenance on the XR 
The mounting rubbers on the fuel tank had gone hard and the tank was moving about so replaced them and since i had the tank off i checked the valve clearances, all ok just had to loosen off one of the exhaust valves as it was a little tighter than the others. I also decided to remove the exhaust manifold stud nuts one at a time to copper grease them as they can seize and snap the studs all came undone ok,

IMG_9619.thumb.JPG.259309872d4edfd3065fadf2732b93b4.JPG

Last job was to clean the air filter, I'm embarrassed to say i think I've neglected this job for a while which not like me to let it get this bad i'm not even going to clean it just ordered two new air filters. The clean one i fitted is showing signs of age related deterioration so that will be binned as well when the new ones arrive

IMG_9620.thumb.JPG.cfe40bab18000e574e66805ce6c7d3de.JPG

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Well busa had its mot done and just 1 advisory being the front tyre getting near to its limits so a new tyre will be purchased soon, think I'll go for a Michelin pilot road 5 or whatever is the newest gen tyre, the rear won't be long either as it's starting to square off abit but not really noticeable yet so that can wait 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

After the week I've had I really wanted to get out on the bike tomorrow.

Now it's started to fucking rain!

Just get out on the bloody bike pete.... live alittle 

sign language fair weather GIF by Sign with Robert

• Like 1

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Just get out on the bloody bike pete.... live alittle 

Spent most of the 70's riding in shit weather......cos I had to!

Now I don't have to!

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Spent most of the 70's riding in shit weather......cos I had to!

Now I don't have to!

you do if you want to ride the bike tomorrow :classic_laugh:
when you take the chance things can turn out ok. I've been out on days that had terrible forecasts but had a great day because it was only the odd shower or i managed to stay in front of the weather, sometimes you just got to say fuck it and go 

• Like 3

Football just finished switch tv over it went on to repeat of the coronation ... its like something from a monty python sketch ... some gave him one big oven glove that he struggled to get on ..then a shaky old indian man gave him two little drums and before that they put a screen round charlie and nicked his clothes !

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's been pissing down all day so thought i'd do a little maintenance on the XR 
The mounting rubbers on the fuel tank had gone hard and the tank was moving about so replaced them and since i had the tank off i checked the valve clearances, all ok just had to loosen off one of the exhaust valves as it was a little tighter than the others. I also decided to remove the exhaust manifold stud nuts one at a time to copper grease them as they can seize and snap the studs all came undone ok,

IMG_9619.thumb.JPG.259309872d4edfd3065fadf2732b93b4.JPG

Last job was to clean the air filter, I'm embarrassed to say i think I've neglected this job for a while which not like me to let it get this bad i'm not even going to clean it just ordered two new air filters. The clean one i fitted is showing signs of age related deterioration so that will be binned as well when the new ones arrive

IMG_9620.thumb.JPG.cfe40bab18000e574e66805ce6c7d3de.JPG

i still got your front wheel for that here

• Like 1

Just finished changing the front tyre on the XR. i must be rusty or old as it took me a while to do and then the tube popped because it wasn't installed correctly, so it was take the tube out again and fit a new one. The tyre i had has been in the shed so long its hard as hell

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'd forgotten about that 👍

me to , i will sort it, i'll dig it out see what cheapest way to post it is.

• Like 1