A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Me neither. Well monkey mechanic made ones but none with the bike. 

Didn't you have a problem in Spain and had to go to the Honda dealer to sort it out?

And I'm sure I remember Mr Slowly's Enfield having to go on a recovery truck and it ended up in a garage in Granada?

Those sort of sound like problems to me!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Very easy to live with aren't they?

And if you've parked up somewhere you always know that it's going to start up instantly.

Complete peace of mind!

Yeah and that can't be emphasised enough for me.  I spent years messing with my latest two wheeled PIA to keep it going, until I got into BMW's of course.   Not really they had their issues as well.    Just nice to have something quite new and unmolested that still has a guarantee.  I love that my only input is to ride it.   😎     Funnily enough when I got back today I was washing my bike off and my boy turns up with his mate who has an issue with his clutch.  Had a quick look and he had adjusted it so much that it wasn't releasing  fully.  Showed him how to adjust it so he has 2-3mm slack at the lever and all was good.  I have feeling  Morgan the Moron (as my unkind son calls him)  will be back again soon.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Didn't you have a problem in Spain and had to go to the Honda dealer to sort it out?

And I'm sure I remember Mr Slowly's Enfield having to go on a recovery truck and it ended up in a garage in Granada?

Those sort of sound like problems to me!

All this is true. But the Honda garage episode was the aftermarket alarm killing the battery and the recovery truck episode was a snapped chain, also a crappy aftermarket part fitted by an incompetent tinkerer.

There have been other annoyances but all man made monkey mechanic post production stuff nothing to do with the bike as is. 

Famous last words now ay, I’ll bloody go n break down 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

All this is true. But the Honda garage episode was the aftermarket alarm killing the battery and the recovery truck episode was a snapped chain, also a crappy aftermarket part fitted by an incompetent tinkerer.

There have been other annoyances but all man made monkey mechanic post production stuff nothing to do with the bike as is. 

Famous last words now ay, I’ll bloody go n break down 😂

I remember when I had my R1150GS when I first came here.

FILE1798.JPG.7621b4d92d7b1d81cc5428ae0a9718e6.JPG

I ended up getting completely lost in the Sierra de Cazorla.....I hadn't seen any sign of life for about an hour.

Eventually I stopped for a piss, and as I went back to the bike I thought.....

"I don't know where I am, I have no map, no mobile signal, no water, and I barely speak a word of Spanish even if I run into anybody.......and I'm on a BMW! If this fucking thing don't start I'm going to die out here".

As it was.....it did start. And I found my way out eventually. But I don't ever want to be in that position again.

Now if I'd been on a Jap (particularly Honda or Yamaha) I'd never have thought like that. Because you always knew they would start and keep on running.

The 650GS never missed a beat (unlike the 1200GS)......but I would never have trusted either of them in some seriously remote place.

The CB or the Strom.......I could take them anywhere and they'd get me home. That's peace of mind!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I remember when I had my R1150GS when I first came here.

FILE1798.JPG.7621b4d92d7b1d81cc5428ae0a9718e6.JPG

I ended up getting completely lost in the Sierra de Cazorla.....I hadn't seen any sign of life for about an hour.

Eventually I stopped for a piss, and as I went back to the bike I thought.....

"I don't know where I am, I have no map, no mobile signal, no water, and I barely speak a word of Spanish even if I run into anybody.......and I'm on a BMW! If this fucking thing don't start I'm going to die out here".

As it was.....it did start. And I found my way out eventually. But I don't ever want to be in that position again.

Now if I'd been on a Jap (particularly Honda or Yamaha) I'd never have thought like that. Because you always knew they would start and keep on running.

The 650GS never missed a beat (unlike the 1200GS)......but I would never have trusted either of them in some seriously remote place.

The CB or the Strom.......I could take them anywhere and they'd get me home. That's peace of mind!

So it was before your dmb times?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Roche Rock 

9A59F405-1193-4091-8A8F-31596A6535BA.jpeg

41B338DD-641E-4E2A-B213-CF48BED19E53.jpeg

Some where I have a picture of me climbing up into the building on top of the rock still in my bike gear. When I was in Plymouth every weekend for a few years in the 90s, it was a short ferry ride to Cornwall on the bike.

• Like 2

I had to go into the office today to unpack our crates. I was buggered if I was parking miles away again so I got the blokes working nearby to make a little barriered off bike park for me. Still a bit close to the great unwashed but the best I was going to get. Remember, work is proud that we are now based in a vibrant buzzing area, I saw people being vibrant and buzzing all over the pavement at one point on my way in. Kept the bloody warden from ticketing it anyway.

Two crates were missing and still no key fobs available for us, that's my lot, I've made two trips to unpack now, fuck 'em they can do the rest themselves.

image.png.bbe0067da88a077a9d553e45839d86e8.png

image.png.e9c1198cb95fbdb5b01e604ffdd7789b.png

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I had to go into the office today to unpack our crates. I was buggered if I was parking miles away again so I got the blokes working nearby to make a little barriered off bike park for me. Still a bit close to the great unwashed but the best I was going to get. Remember, work is proud that we are now based in a vibrant buzzing area, I saw people being vibrant and buzzing all over the pavement at one point on my way in. Kept the bloody warden from ticketing it anyway.

Two crates were missing and still no key fobs available for us, that's my lot, I've made two trips to unpack now, fuck 'em they can do the rest themselves.

image.png.bbe0067da88a077a9d553e45839d86e8.png

image.png.e9c1198cb95fbdb5b01e604ffdd7789b.png

I don't know how you do it Ian, riding to London and working there everyday would drive me nuts .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don't know how you do it Ian, riding to London and working there everyday would drive me nuts .

I don't ride to work every day now like I used to, COVID coming at the same time as work bringing in remote working practices sorted that for me. Usually when I go in now, it's a bit of a treat. I only went in today to unpack our stuff, which was mostly pointless as stated above.

My aim has been to only do site visits when the weather is nice and at an hour that fits in with me getting up in daylight and mostly that is how it is working out this last few years. The trick is not to promise a meeting date and time before I have checked out the weather report.

There is talk of compulsory office attendance on a regular basis as the Mayor has noticed no fucker is there, which may bring back my partial retirement plans that I had pre Covid. I also heard a vague rumour about a dress code, but I'm not wearing a dress even if all the other people do on a Friday lunchtime around there.

• Haha 5

O Guardião, or The Guardian watching over the ocean in Ericeira, as I left this morning to go by a client and then up north for a while at my parents

EE3FD338-424E-4FE4-AD10-C74B3AEFA48B.thumb.jpeg.66c60fc505f0ab170a0f4ff330ba5849.jpeg

• Like 7

On 02/02/2023 at 10:05, boboneleg said:

I love driving that Transit but running the cam belt in oil is a pretty dumb idea, anyway Ford service dude said there was nothing in the oil (yet).

it is , i  shall get my belt changed a lot  earlier than ford recommend 

• Like 3

On 17/02/2023 at 11:05, Saul said:

Why not just take the sign down?   They temporarily closed our hospital down 6 years ago but just leave the sign blanked out. 😳5870FB25-D895-4447-9CC8-1BB190E87AF9.jpeg.5da0f2f815f6a28adc6cae5d1d5991eb.jpeg

cause you will probably get seen quicker there ..... rather than going  to one that was open

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

it is , i  shall get my belt changed a lot  earlier than ford recommend 

We have two of our transits in work in the garage at the moment one with an add blue system fault and the other with the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, still waiting to hear what the issues are with them

7 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We have two of our transits in work in the garage at the moment one with an add blue system fault and the other with the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, still waiting to hear what the issues are with them

The perils of French engines. Shame coz the previous generation were bloody good.
The local taxis aren't going for the normal 508s as they seem to be having lots of probs, they're going for Mondeos, with French engines.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

The perils of French engines. Shame coz the previous generation were bloody good.
The local taxis aren't going for the normal 508s as they seem to be having lots of probs, they're going for Mondeos, with French engines.:classic_laugh:

Bristol taxis are like the land of the Prius 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Does anybody use their own engines now?

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

Does anybody use their own engines now?

Yes Peugeot

And Renault, Toyota although they run also run rebadged Peugeot Partner.
Hyundai, VAG, I'm sure there's more.

A the picture of the day, Miss New York just rolled into town, I forsee trouble!! First thing she did was commendeer the Vet's desk, now anything is possible!!

20230303_152111.jpg

• Like 5