A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

19 hours ago, boboneleg said:

That's a posh one @Catteeclan , where's that  Lowestoft ?

Close, Gt Yarmouth. I had a letter through the door letting me know they're planning to restore it. The "cake tin" next to it is going and once complete It'll be made into an open area.
Thought I'd snap a couple of pics before it all goes tits up.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Close, Gt Yarmouth. I had a letter through the door letting me know they're planning to restore it. The "cake tin" next to it is going and once complete It'll be made into an open area.
Thought I'd snap a couple of pics before it all goes tits up.

Gt Yarmouth......we use to holiday there most years as my dad's cousin owned a guest house there.....I think that is the furthest my dad ever drove too....not a well tavelled man....he did go to the border of Wales once to visit a relation....apart from that he never travelled outside of England.

• Like 4

Just now, Clive said:

Gt Yarmouth......we use to holiday there most years as my dad's cousin owned a guest house there.....I think that is the furthest my dad ever drove too....not a well tavelled man....he did go to the border of Wales once to visit a relation....apart from that he never travelled outside of England.

My Dad never travelled out of UK but there again he died when he was just 37 so perhaps he didn't get the chance.  My Mum and Stepdad go on at least four holidays a year (usually to Spain)  so it would be interesting (to me) if he had survived longer to see if he would have travelled abroad.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My Dad never travelled out of UK but there again he died when he was just 37 so perhaps he didn't get the chance.  My Mum and Stepdad go on at least four holidays a year (usually to Spain)  so it would be interesting (to me) if he had survived longer to see if he would have travelled abroad.

My mother visited her sister in the USA (Iowa)....dad was invited too but he turned down the chance to go, for what reason? he never said.

He was a man of his time.....we have photos of him on the East Coast wearing a sports jacket, collar and tie.....if it was warm he would remove the tie 😂 even on the colliery fishing matches he wore the same gear...

If he went to Skeggy he would get the car checked over at the garage before the journey.........but it was a Moggy Traveller. 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Clive said:

even on the colliery fishing matches he wore the same gear...

That's an absolute classic, did he wear a hat as well ?  Not enough men wear hats nowadays.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's an absolute classic, did he wear a hat as well ?  Not enough men wear hats nowadays.

Nope......he never wore a hat (that I remember) but his dad was never without his flat cap....one for Monday to Saturday..and another one just for Sunday. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I wear baseball caps, keeps my hairless head warm in winter....but I have a couple light coloured bush hats to keep my head from getting burnt in the summer......Bill & Ben hats my wife calls them. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Clive said:

It is the only other language I know.. 😂 

Oh and my wife has just added that iam proficient in talking shit..... 😂 

• Haha 3

Car set on fire last night, front lights are still blinking. Someone burned a sofa that was put on the street and the car was next to it.

9C086897-1822-4A53-8D63-6089A9092914.thumb.jpeg.1bd5eba82013cccb8a054d1ff71e3913.jpeg

I also cleaned a big wall in front of Sofia’s practice with grafity on. Luckily painted on tiles so easily cleaned. 

I don’t get this shit.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, XTreme said:

There's Brits there then? 

There are tourists from lots of places. But Lisbon being right next door you don’t need Brits to pull this shit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clive said:

My mother visited her sister in the USA (Iowa)....dad was invited too but he turned down the chance to go, for what reason? he never said.

He was a man of his time.....we have photos of him on the East Coast wearing a sports jacket, collar and tie.....if it was warm he would remove the tie 😂 even on the colliery fishing matches he wore the same gear...

If he went to Skeggy he would get the car checked over at the garage before the journey.........but it was a Moggy Traveller. 😂 

I've seen pictures of the holiday makes of old getting off the trains etc but the best are of them on the beach sitting in deck chairs with blazers shirt and ties.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clive said:

yep my dad always wore a shirt and tie with his overalls , he was an engineer

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

i always wear a woolly  hat outside this time of the year 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

but the best are of them on the beach sitting in deck chairs with blazers shirt and ties.

Yep that was my dad......definitely a creature of habit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clive said:

My mother visited her sister in the USA (Iowa)....dad was invited too but he turned down the chance to go....

Having been to Iowa on multiple occasions and also having had the misfortune to actually live there for a short while, I can say, without reservation, that your Dad was a very smart man. 

• Haha 4

My mum went to see her sister..who was married to a American guy.

Sight seeing was not top of the agenda....but she did enjoy the visit there......we have a album full of photos....we would have had cine  film of the visit too, but my other aunt who went on the trip with her forgot to remove the lens cap from the camera. 😂 

• Haha 6