Last Weekend in February

XTreme

More shit on the horizon.......maybe there's a possibility on Sunday but I'm not holding my breath.

1843415865_Screenshot2022-02-25091224.jpg.9ba1dc61583d34e1e33f4ec597a6bc96.jpg

Never had a more inactive Winter than this one......they weren't like this when I first came here.

So......what you lot got on?

• Like 3

Missus gets back from Paris this afternoon, so we'll see what the plan is for the weekend. Weather is not looking too bad, but a bit cooler than the last few days. 

Missus is saying that she needs to get her biking Mojo back, as she's barely used her bike in the 16 months that we've been here!

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Planning on a walk down to the river with my son tomorrow, I'm keen to see if I can get that far (and back).

You may have to crawl back.🤣👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tym said:

How did that surgery go Bob? Any opinions on wether it worked yet?

Today will be a good test Tym to see how it’s going.

I haven’t had any phantom limb pains for over 28 days so fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 6

Feeling tired today. Up at 3am yesterday and went to Wigan to collect a 3ltr engine and manual gearbox for the mates Capri.
His car started life as a 30ltr auto Ghia. Last owner swopped engine and box for a 2.8 auto out of a Granada. We've now got everything we need to make it a 3ltr manual.
Chap we got the parts from has this in his garage amongst other things.

IMG_3279 copy.jpg

Today I will be mostly knock out an old brick fireplace, resting and heading for the pub.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Feeling tired today. Up at 3am yesterday and went to Wigan to collect a 3ltr engine and manual gearbox for the mates Capri.
His car started life as a 30ltr auto Ghia. Last owner swopped engine and box for a 2.8 auto out of a Granada. We've now got everything we need to make it a 3ltr manual.

IMG_3279 copy.jpg

Today I will be mostly knock out an old brick fireplace, resting and heading for the pub.

Glad to hear sh'es getting a proper tranny, and the yutes wont be able to joyride her.:littleguy:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tym said:

Glad to hear sh'es getting a proper tranny, and the yutes wont be able to joyride her.:littleguy:

Everyone drives stick here, it's not a third world country like Merica. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

IMG_3279 copy.jpg

Loved the old 2.8 and 3 litres , had a fair few of em .

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Do driving schools use auto boxes in the UK?

Yes , people with no confidence and who should not be driving take their test in autos , mostly Africans .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Yes , people with no confidence and who should not be driving take their test in autos , mostly Africans .

and septics. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

IMG_3279 copy.jpg

Almost identical to the one I hade Dave, same colour and same Recaro interior.  The difference was that mine was a 2.0S and the wheels were different, those look like pepper pots ?

• Like 1

Oooooooooooooh  the big boys don't like driving unless they can move their hands about.  You stick to your manuals and I'll just cruise along in my autos .

Changing gear manually in a car.............  no 17 in life's pointless exercises 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Oooooooooooooh  the big boys don't like driving unless they can move their hands about.  You stick to your manuals and I'll just cruise along in my autos .

Changing gear manually in a car.............  no 17 in life's pointless exercises 🙄

AKA, the clutch is easier if you have a leg.

• Haha 5