Last Weekend in February

XTreme

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Tis a certain type that plays rugby, particularly front row, a shared mentality that others dont have. Bet youve broken a bone and carried on playing?!

Many a time, be it fingers, ribs, toes, nose, teeth, hand and the like 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I played rugby today well for all of about 20 mins before I tried tackling one of the oppo with my head and knocked myself unconscious.....so slowly has confirmed a bout of concussion 🤷‍♂️

Angry Michael C Hall GIF

I thought you'd quit and were going racing?

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I thought you'd quit and were going racing?

I'm still in the process of getting the bike sorted and was giving this year away as a test for the bike then will look at racing next year

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Many a time, be it fingers, ribs, toes, nose, teeth, hand and the like 🤷‍♂️

Tape it up (when convenient of course) and carry on, then after drink to deaden the pain and if its still broken 3 days later maybe go and see someone, then again probably not cos you dont want to miss the next game 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Tape it up (when convenient of course) and carry on, then after drink to deaden the pain and if its still broken 3 days later maybe go and see someone, then again probably not cos you dont want to miss the next game 😂

Too true, you should see me when I'm getting ready to play, I must go through about 50 meters of tape to hold various pieces of me together 

• Haha 1

I once watched a player convince a vet to stitch up his face with thick nylon fluorescent sutures and he then went back on 😂

The only times Ive persuaded Mr Slowly to go to A&E its been at least two days after a break! Fortunately one of the most loyal supporters was an orthopaedic surgeon who would see them in his private clinic for free. He was a good man. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I once watched a player convince a vet to stitch up his face with thick nylon fluorescent sutures and he then went back on 😂

The only times Ive persuaded Mr Slowly to go to A&E its been at least two days after a break! Fortunately one of the most loyal supporters was an orthopaedic surgeon who would see them in his private clinic for free. He was a good man. 

Oooh does he do knees for free too if so could he see me 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Oooh does he do knees for free too if so could he see me 🤷‍♂️

Im afraid he’s retired now but he probably would of 😂 Get your rugby club to find a rugby loving surgeon and give him membership n invite him to the VIPs lunch, the rest will follow. Mind you if the surgeon says yes I can do it but no rugby for an entire season after I bet you wouldnt have it done 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Im afraid he’s retired now but he probably would of 😂 Get your rugby club to find a rugby loving surgeon and give him membership n invite him to the VIPs lunch, the rest will follow. Mind you if the surgeon says yes I can do it but no rugby for an entire season after I bet you wouldnt have it done 😆

Hmm well I'd give it some serious thought though know I'd never be able to go a year without playing if there were games in the offering

Tmobile Whatever GIF by T-Mobile Puerto Rico

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Hmm well I'd give it some serious thought though know I'd never be able to go a year without playing if there were games in the offering

Tmobile Whatever GIF by T-Mobile Puerto Rico

Mr Slowly had a shoulder repair and was told it couldnt be done until he stopped playing, eventually the damage was so severe his arm stopped working and gave him constant pain. They did the repair and the consultant told him it was the most difficult repair he’d ever done and in no uncertain terms he must not play rugby. The surgery worked well and 6 weeks later I drop my sons off at rugby and go to say hello to Mr Slowly who’s coaching. Except he’s nowhere to be seen, everyone on the side of the pitch saw me and stopped talking cos the mad mother was on the pitch playing! 

“But but but they were short a player and the game would have been cancelled if I hadn’t….” 

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowly had a shoulder repair and was told it couldnt be done until he stopped playing, eventually the damage was so severe his arm stopped working and gave him constant pain. They did the repair and the consultant told him it was the most difficult repair he’d ever done and in no uncertain terms he must not play rugby. The surgery worked well and 6 weeks later I drop my sons off at rugby and go to say hello to Mr Slowly who’s coaching. Except he’s nowhere to be seen, everyone on the side of the pitch saw me and stopped talking cos the mad mother was on the pitch playing! 

“But but but they were short a player and the game would have been cancelled if I hadn’t….” 

Haha yeah I'd be exactly the same though I'd be going with the intention of playing 😅 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The wife has just piped up with it sounds like im very much a younger version of mr slowly 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

I played rugby today well for all of about 20 mins before I tried tackling one of the oppo with my head and knocked myself unconscious.....so slowly has confirmed a bout of concussion 🤷‍♂️

Angry Michael C Hall GIF

fucking Twat :rofl:

• Haha 4

Just now, Richzx6r said:

Haha well at least I wasn't out on the bike in a van The Oc Shrug GIF

you make that sound worse than playing  rugby and getting knocked the fuck out , did one of the other rugby men give you the kiss of life .

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No. She has a mansion in Mijas but she hasnt been there for a very long time. Being on her tod and a bit frail now she prefers it here. She lives in a posh part of Buckinghamshire. Which isnt far away enough! 

Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

A mansion you say....

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

you make that sound worse than playing  rugby and getting knocked the fuck out , did one of the other rugby men give you the kiss of life .

Its much worse than playing rugby, it would have been a good tackle had the oppo player not changed his running line and ducked low in to contact but being unable to do physical activities I wouldn't expect you to understand 😉 

Nah it wasn't a player it was the nice physio we have 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Its much worse than playing rugby, it would have been a good tackle had the oppo player not changed his running line and ducked low in to contact but being unable to do physical activities I wouldn't expect you to understand 😉 

Nah it wasn't a player it was the nice physio we have 🤷‍♂️

i was good at all sports i'll have you know sunshine, never played rugby though, i didn't  go to a gay school.

• Haha 3