Motorbike camping

gymwitch

On the odd occasion when I was doing a single night visit to a rally or other event I went for the lightweight option. Pain in the arse for getting in and out of without getting your knees wet though. But it packs up super small and dries quickly when you get home. Picnic table was pressed into service on one occasion.

image.png.f0bdba169f9278caf877d1e5f07ec9ba.pngimage.png.691cc3d95572cdaae830dbec467496d0.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

On the odd occasion when I was doing a single night visit to a rally or other event I went for the lightweight option. Pain in the arse for getting in and out of without getting your knees wet though. But it packs up super small and dries quickly when you get home. Picnic table was pressed into service on one occasion.

image.png.f0bdba169f9278caf877d1e5f07ec9ba.pngimage.png.691cc3d95572cdaae830dbec467496d0.png

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, gymwitch said:

So any hints and tips ta

Sorry about the dogless partย ๐ŸŒˆย My best hint is a 5 star hotel, the tip would be a B&B.ย ๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Camping on a bike with a tent , are youย  mad, drunk or both...check out the pic , its a room, notice the window , the white thing mounted to the wall underneath it is a heating device, this will keep you warm, also notice the comfy bed and tv on the wall .

now go look back at the pic some one has posted of an excuse for a tent tied to a picnic table and his bike, i can smell the dogs piss and foxes shite from here.

ย 

image.png.5d28a3fc5da37aed8d8612769a43d860.png

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Camping on a bike with a tent , are youย  mad, drunk or both...check out the pic , its a room, notice the window , the white thing mounted to the wall underneath it is a heating device, this will keep you warm, also notice the comfy bed and tv on the wall .

now go look back at the pic some one has posted of an excuse for a tent tied to a picnic table and his bike, i can smell the dogs piss and foxes shite from here.

ย 

I gotta agree with Six on this!

I have no wish to live like a homeless person......cos I know what that feels like!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

ย 

If I stayed in a place like that I would still sleep in my sleeping bag, maybe even on the floor......๐Ÿ˜†

Hotel beds scare the heck out of me and beds are too soft....

It would also be too hot and stuffy in there.....ย 

Give me a tent any day.....:littleguy:

Travel Camping GIF by SlugBugg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

If I stayed in a place like that I would still sleep in my sleeping bag, maybe even on the floor......๐Ÿ˜†

Hotel beds scare the heck out of me and beds are too soft....

It would also be too hot and stuffy in there.....ย 

Give me a tent any day.....:littleguy:

Travel Camping GIF by SlugBugg

face palm GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

For me there is nothing like sleeping in a tent, it's the best sleep I ever get .ย  The only pain is getting out for a piss .

I got a piss bottle to fix that problem, its camping next to a snorer that gets meย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I got a piss bottle to fix that problem, its camping next to a snorer that gets meย 

What could be better than sharing a tent with Fred and his bottle of piss?

Cringe Wince GIF

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's one thing i don't do is share a tent other than with the wifeย :littleguy:

Itโ€™s a pity she snores like a truffle hunting bush pig.

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

For me there is nothing like sleeping in a tent, it's the best sleep I ever get .ย  The only pain is getting out for a piss .

When I had my first kidney stent I hated having to get up and out of the tent for a wee all the time. This is when I discovered the power of Lenor, the fabric conditioner. Nice wide neck for the well endowed, plenty of fluid capacity, waterproof lid and the first few wees smell of lovely meadow flowers.

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, Six30 said:

ย 

So you're a camper then right? Well I for one would much prefer a tent to a bnb or hotelย 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

So you're a camper then right? Well I for one would much prefer a tent to a bnb or hotelย 

Heโ€™s camp.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Six30 said:

why ?

I spent years travelling for work and spending endless nights away in hotels........the novelty wears off after a while.ย 

El cheapo tent from decathlon bought years ago for about 3oโ‚ฌ specifically for the Bol D'or ( i.e to be disposable) but still going strong. reasonably easy to put up and take down, rolls up small and into a bag that is narrower than the panniers and is held on with 2 bungees. For a 2 night trip I have a change of clothes and footwear in one pannier. sleeping bag ( a good one) and inflatable matteress ( back packing item) with wee stove in t'other. Top box has the rest of my gear ( chargers, torch, spare gloves depending on season, 1st aid kit, bog roll, maps, one meal worth of food, coffee, water bottle and book) in the summer i'd fit waterproofs in here as well, out of season jacket liner if not wearing it. I usually manage a small tool kit in there somewhere as well.ย 

A proper waterproof roll bag is better and bigger than a topcase if your using a soft pannier set up like yours I expect.ย 

442887820_4loaded.thumb.JPG.19f9a1de1b1563ed86e269c23b649dee.JPG

1603764387_81campsite1.thumb.JPG.302dcefa1759954bd16b0f30d03f8c91.JPG

I do regret not having a hammer or something to bash tentpegs in with on that trip, the ground was hard as bloody nails in places!ย 

• Like 6

I don't know if you already have a camping chair, but we bought a couple a few years back and they were a godsend for additional comfort outside and even inside the tent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekology-YIZI-Portable-Camping-Chair/dp/B07NT77GT8/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B07NT77GT8&th=1

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tango said:

I spent years travelling for work and spending endless nights away in hotels........the novelty wears off after a while.ย 

should imagine it would of wore off a lot quicker if you was spending endless nights away in a tent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got one of these bags too. So much easier to pack and find stuff in than the traditional roll-top drysacks. You don't have to pull everything out of it to find the thing that put in first and then discovered that you needed! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/motorbike-drybag-holdall.html#SID=83

• Like 2