Motorbike camping

gymwitch

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Why not green or something......why would anybody want a Terracota tent?

I thought you of all people would appreciate the colour.

• Haha 2

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y8K0mpYNKNw?feature=share

Centurion Scooter Club set up before the others arrive today. My first night spent in the new tent was a success and i love it. The showers and toilet facilities are awesome here which i wasnt expecting so bonus. 24hr food on but nowt for veggies so ill be living on chips 🍟

Had an awful time getting here yesterday when a scooterer skidded in deep gravel infront of me...i braked but lost the back end of my bike, he was rolling in my path and i hit him. My concern was dropping my bike on him so i just concentrated on keeping it upright, its a heavy bike and fully loaded it would have broken bones. I felt absolutely dreadful. Witnesses and the guy himself kept saying that i did right but man i was devastated. 

Anyway onward with the weekend. 

Oh and sorry about the psycho goblin type laugh in the video....if it plays as it keeps saying youtube wont play it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Centurion Scooter Club set up before the others arrive today. My first night spent in the new tent was a success and i love it. The showers and toilet facilities are awesome here which i wasnt expecting so bonus. 24hr food on but nowt for veggies so ill be living on chips 🍟

Had an awful time getting here yesterday when a scooterer skidded in deep gravel infront of me...i braked but lost the back end of my bike, he was rolling in my path and i hit him. My concern was dropping my bike on him so i just concentrated on keeping it upright, its a heavy bike and fully loaded it would have broken bones. I felt absolutely dreadful. Witnesses and the guy himself kept saying that i did right but man i was devastated. 

Oh and sorry about the psycho goblin type laugh in the video....if it plays as it keeps saying youtube wont play it. 

Glad you're OK Colette!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Can’t watch the video, it says it’s private 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

the video is set as private so wont play. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buckster said:

Well my erection went well, I spent an hour getting it up then an hour playing with it. At the end it only took twenty minutes to bag it again, oooeeerrr missus.

Initially it looked a bit pissed.

20220602_171341.thumb.jpg.adf0f6c5b3d771ac6695dc4c7ff11353.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time just squaring it up, i have a footprint for it which i didnt use this time but that will be a good guide to work from next week at the rally.

20220602_171407.thumb.jpg.4166a7fbccb6f5daf5a89cb8aafa675e.jpg

20220602_171351.thumb.jpg.304ebc2962edfa071624311bd8490852.jpg

The quality is superb, even the pegs are next level.

20220602_173031.thumb.jpg.1f0d6a77237afb9e4822bb316d4a659f.jpg

The inner is asymmetric so looks a bit odd at first but gives a great sleeping area, there are lots of vents and storage pockets scattered around which will make stowing all the crap easy.

20220602_171622.thumb.jpg.8573e925593f363e93fd9edff66fd4c9.jpg

Most important though, I can stand up in the centre and I am 6'4" so that's going to make life a lot easier.

20220602_171654.thumb.jpg.4c5b10da7bc6b16ce4f55b9355222b63.jpg

20220602_171729.thumb.jpg.5164b74c88583e6199a38cc33af32821.jpg

There are a couple of external fly screen windows which is a nice touch and these can be fitted with guy lines to create waterproof vents.

20220602_171921.thumb.jpg.9f48c33b07bfb4e2016e9ccd30c4c429.jpg

I didn't fit all the guy lines but it definitely needs them and I will use them when I'm actually camping.

This tent will put the love back into motorcycle camping for me. I am going to need a peg mallet as the pegs are very thick. Im very happy with the purchase of this tent.

Gay 

• Haha 2

I don't want to come across as sexist or anything but look at the way this woman is pretending to use that hammer i wish these fuckers would use someone that knows how to use the tools their supposed to be advertising, with that grip she has to be a lesbian :rofl:

image.png.8ee8744ece0ad4a013c28d02110708fa.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't want to come across as sexist or anything but look at the way this woman is pretending to use that hammer i wish these fuckers would use someone that knows how to use the tools their supposed to be advertising, with that grip she has to be a lesbian :rofl:

Pic looks OK to me! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The look on her face is saying no one’s going to believe this😃

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tent was fantastic this weekend and the footprint was definitely a good buy, it was pretty windy over the weekend but with all the guylines in it never missed a beat. Being able to get dressed standing up was a boon.

My trusty Biolite stove and grill got a lot of attention as well, people were intrigued by me wandering around collecting twigs, my neighbours were cooking all sorts of camping nastiness and were greeted by the smell of me grilling burgers, while they tucked into tinned spaghetti I was eating fresh grilled cheese burgers. At that point one of the guys was informed by his old lady that they were buying a new stove when they got home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Tent was fantastic this weekend and the footprint was definitely a good buy, it was pretty windy over the weekend but with all the guylines in it never missed a beat. Being able to get dressed standing up was a boon.

My trusty Biolite stove and grill got a lot of attention as well, people were intrigued by me wandering around collecting twigs, my neighbours were cooking all sorts of camping nastiness and were greeted by the smell of me grilling burgers, while they tucked into tinned spaghetti I was eating fresh grilled cheese burgers. At that point one of the guys was informed by his old lady that they were buying a new stove when they got home. 

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by Travis

• Haha 1