Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My only concern about continuing measures to reduce infection are they reduce all infections. If we continue to avoid all stimulation of the immune system its not going to take much of a knock out punch to make people ill.

A lot of people that I know in the UK, including my mum and eldest son, have had real stinking colds. It seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. 

Seems like the winter norovirus is starting to appear in significant numbers here now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

A lot of people that I know in the UK, including my mum and eldest son, have had real stinking colds. It seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. 

Seems like the winter norovirus is starting to appear in significant numbers here now. 

Yep theyve been reporting a nasty cold doing the rounds on the news, my son has it. Cant help but wonder if its just a normal cold and its badly effecting people because the old immune system is depleted after a year and half of very reduced contact. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep theyve been reporting a nasty cold doing the rounds on the news, my son has it. Cant help but wonder if its just a normal cold and its badly effecting people because the old immune system is depleted after a year and half of very reduced contact. 

Possibly. 

2 hours ago, Tango said:

Yup I've had a stinking cold for almost 3 weeks now bloody phlegmy chest just wont go

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Tango said:

Yep we have had it, my wife & daughter, me, the daughters partner, and our mate have all had bad cold and cough still getting over it now.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just got invited for my booster. Pleased cos being under 50 I thought Id be looking at well after Christmas. Not so pleased Ive got to drive to the arse end of bristol to get it but Im keeping that to myself as getting a free vaccine to help save your life it might seem a tad ungrateful 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just got invited for my booster. Pleased cos being under 50 I thought Id be looking at well after Christmas. Not so pleased Ive got to drive to the arse end of bristol to get it but Im keeping that to myself as getting a free vaccine to help save your life it might seem a tad ungrateful 😂 

Have you got to go to Ashton Gate or somewhere else ?

44 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Have you got to go to Ashton Gate or somewhere else ?

It was UWE Frenchay campus. But my surgery just text saying I can go to Pudding Pie Lane surgery which is much closer and Mr Slowlys happy cos it means I can drop him off at the VP’s lunch after, whining about a sore arm isn’t on my horizon 😂 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Wife has just been instructed by the Trust to inform all departments they can't have an Xmas do. Come home very worn out as they all kicked off today and blamed her. Can't win in these situations, eh, there'll always be someone getting over the top angry.

Dont Blame Me The Fosters GIF by Good Trouble

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mawsley said:

Wife has just been instructed by the Trust to inform all departments they can't have an Xmas do. Come home very worn out as they all kicked off today and blamed her. Can't win in these situations, eh, there'll always be someone getting over the top angry.

probably cause they thought she'd bring you boring cunt .... that and probably kids there.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

12 cases in the town now......we went months with zero. Now it's all fucked up again.

50000 new cases today in France! BUGGER!

• Sad 3

Portugal opened a mega vaccination center in Lisbon today that has administered 4000 doses on the first day. Don't know what sense it makes converging that many people in one place to control a virus, but let's trust smarter people are on top of it :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5