Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

@Slowlycatchymonkey......I can jump the queue a bit for the third jab by going for a Flu jab.

They're offering the 3rd Covid to over 65's who are in for a flu jab.

I've never had one before.....got no objections to getting one.

But I'm not sure about getting a 3rd Covid jab (it'll be Pfizer, after 2 previous AZ's) at the same time as the Flu one.

Is that combination likely to make me ill?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Has anybody else in the family tried to get her to see sense?

Plenty, but she's dug her heels in and won't budge. My sister's daughter doesn't speak with her mother very often because they just end up arguing over all the conspiracy crap that my sister repeats! Families, eh! 🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey......I can jump the queue a bit for the third jab by going for a Flu jab.

They're offering the 3rd Covid to over 65's who are in for a flu jab.

I've never had one before.....got no objections to getting one.

But I'm not sure about getting a 3rd Covid jab (it'll be Pfizer, after 2 previous AZ's) at the same time as the Flu one.

Is that combination likely to make me ill?

I read somewhere that having a booster of a different vaccine can actually be better for you. No idea where I read that, but it was a legit article.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

I read somewhere that having a booster of a different vaccine can actually be better for you. No idea where I read that, but it was a legit article.

Thats correct they think it gives a broader resistance. But that may be tainted by Astrazenica tapping out of vaccine production.. they had no choice really 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats correct they think it gives a broader resistance. But that may be tainted by Astrazenica tapping out of vaccine production.. they had no choice really 😂

But having the 2 jabs together is OK?

10 minutes ago, Tango said:

Plenty, but she's dug her heels in and won't budge. My sister's daughter doesn't speak with her mother very often because they just end up arguing over all the conspiracy crap that my sister repeats! Families, eh! 🙄

My brother in law is an antivaxer and has stopped his whole family getting the jab. His wife is an exfriend of mine from student nursing days and I can’t fathom how she can be so stupid considering how many vaccinations she would have given. He has persuaded my sister in law not to have her booster 🤪

I don’t tend to hold extreme views about anything but the antivaxers have led me to one fairly extreme imagining. I think it would be very handy if we could just persuade all the antivaxer to live in the same area, then the rest of the population could carry on like normal and when covid finally reached the paranoid mad/stupid congregation of antivaxers firstly all the necessary resources could be concentrated in the right place and secondly the populations IQ would go up which society as a whole would benefit from.

You know let a bit of the ol’ Darwinism do its work… 😬😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, XTreme said:

Same time! One in each arm!

Two different types of covid vaccine at the same time?  Or the flu in one and the booster in the other?

The former I dont see why you couldnt but wouldn’t fancy an overload dose in one hit myself without extensive testing, Id rather have a decent gap. The latter no problems, completely different style of vaccine.

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Two different types of covid vaccine at the same time?  Or the flu in one and the booster in the other?

The former I dont see why you couldnt but wouldn’t fancy an overload dose in one hit myself without extensive testing, Id rather have a decent gap. The latter no problems, completely different style of vaccine.

1 Flu.....3rd Covid!

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

1 Flu.....3rd Covid!

Yes thats dandy and what Mr Slowlys and I have had. Yen will likely be offered the flu jab at the same time too as thats what most places are offering. 

I was happy to stop having the flu jab when I left the NHS, I only had it to protect the vulnerable patients from me unintentionally infecting them but now with everyone’s immune systems undoubtedly depleted I gladly said yes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yes thats dandy and what Mr Slowlys and I have had. Yen will likely be offered the flu jab at the same time too as thats what most places are offering. 

I was happy to stop having the flu jab when I left the NHS, I only had it to protect the vulnerable patients from me unintentionally infecting them but now with everyone’s immune systems undoubtedly depleted I gladly said yes.

Did you rough after ?

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Did you rough after ?

Nope not even slightly but the Pfizer arm was sore. Not a problem so long as your husband remembers not to squeeze you.. 🙄😂

Dunno what the law is that says once you have a sore spot everything will be magnetically drawn to hit that but I swear I never normally do stupid shit like walk into door frames 😂 

door GIF

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

They’ve not updated the system, thats old info, youll get jabbed 👍 You’ll likely also get two invites because theres more than one IT system and the info is being entered manually (at a snails pace) from sheets hastily written at the centres in that speedy tech proof format… BIRO 😂 

Ahh good, saves me a wasted walk. Last time it was a continuous round of reminder emails and texts.

Someone I met a few years ago in a pub who claimed he had lived in the same road as me for many years, (but I couldn't recall him at all), was apparently very anti-vax.

As we were walking down to the pub quiz last week my mate said that this bloke was in an induced coma. When we actually got the pub one of his mates said he'd passed away. Apparently he had been to Spain on holiday in the last 5 weeks and was about to go back and was asking around for fake vaccination certificates just before becoming ill. That's him below from his FB page.

image.png.3051fd92278de4d8ee6b9984f7ff3499.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Ahh good, saves me a wasted walk. Last time it was a continuous round of reminder emails and texts.

Someone I met a few years ago in a pub who claimed he had lived in the same road as me for many years, (but I couldn't recall him at all), was apparently very anti-vax.

As we were walking down to the pub quiz last week my mate said that this bloke was in an induced coma. When we actually got the pub one of his mates said he'd passed away. Apparently he had been to Spain on holiday in the last 5 weeks and was about to go back and was asking around for fake vaccination certificates just before becoming ill. That's him below from his FB page.

image.png.3051fd92278de4d8ee6b9984f7ff3499.png

So very sad that stupidity kills. If the establishment werent such a lying bunch of aholes there wouldnt have been the level of mistrust that allowed this bullshit to flourish. My sons guitar tutor Cliff Moore (Gary Moores brother) is an antivaxer and then yep you can guess the rest. Fortunately they managed to retrieve him from his induced coma mostly intact but then they had to repeatedly sedate him due to him freaking out he was going to die.

I read a heart breaking piece in the paper from an ITU Dr saying they were utterly broken by having to explain to the antivaxers (who now occupy all ITU beds) that while they begged for the vaccine rather than go into an induced coma that it was too late. Watching them say goodbye to loved ones while everyone cried knowing it was unavoidable was too much. He then went on to say his patience had worn thin and the government had a lot to answer for but as we dont like to get political on here Ill leave it at that. Tragic.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The thing about these anti-vaxxers is they seem to see themselves as freedom fighters for some reason.

Stupid cunts putting everybody at risk more like!

More like their membership to the tinfoil hat wearing flat earth society didnt give them the attention and status they crave… ooh a cause I’ll jump in on that, loves a bit of crusading me… Im 💯 percent committed.. could you just remind me what are we fighting about again? 🤪😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The thing about these anti-vaxxers is they seem to see themselves as freedom fighters for some reason.

Stupid cunts putting everybody at risk more like!

Like the old Freemen on the Land mob, they have a twisted view of how things work and no amount of explaining will change their minds until something terrible happens to them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Like the old Freemen on the Land mob, they have a twisted view of how things work and no amount of explaining will change their minds until something terrible happens to them.

Theres a lovely word to describe them-

mumpsimus   /ˈmʌmpsɪməs/  noun

a traditional custom or idea adhered to although shown to be unreasonable.

a person who obstinately adheres to old customs or ideas in spite of evidence that they are wrong or unreasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just want to add that if the double jab kills me I leave the forum to @Tym.......so you'll be in good hands.

But he'll need a technical guy so I'll add @Buckster as well.

The Dream Team could be back together again!

Anybody remember the last time they were put together?

Fight Punch GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong

• Haha 2