Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

22 minutes ago, Tango said:

My missus has just had a Pfizer booster jab because she had the Jansen (J&J) shot originally.  It's being offered to everyone that had the Jansen vaccine here. They're also rolling out boosters for "at risk" people and over 65's that have previously been double jabbed.

If Spain do the same I'll be getting another one then!

Was there a problem with the Jansen for them to need another jab?

• Like 1

They started on boosters where Im from two weeks ago and not specific to your previous jab. My friend and her sister (late 60's) have had theirs already, no real underlying health problems, both Oxford Astrazenica last time 👍 

World situation aside its a good thing to get on with the boosters before winter sets in and cases increase methinks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

If Spain do the same I'll be getting another one then!

Was there a problem with the Jansen for them to need another jab?

There was a report here that said that people that had the Jansen are over-represented in the ICU cases, so they've decided to offer booster jabs for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

We’re being offered a booster now, you’ll get Pfizer or moderna even though we had Astra Zeneca last time 

I'll have to keep an eye on the news!

• Like 1

On 25/08/2021 at 11:41, Tango said:

From the stats here, it looks like unvaccinated are around 10 times more at risk of ending up in ICU than vaccinated. Likewise here, the number of deaths divided into vaccinated or not are not published.

I saw the news here the other day and the doctors stated that every patient in the ICU was unvaccinated.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, boboneleg said:

We’re being offered a booster now, you’ll get Pfizer or moderna even though we had Astra Zeneca last time 

I had Pfizer last time and believe that’s the booster being given here, don’t believe we have the option of Moderna, what makes me laugh is they say it’s better to have a different type but offer us the same.🤪🤪

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Swagman said:

I had Pfizer last time and believe that’s the booster being given here, don’t believe we have the option of Moderna, what makes me laugh is they say it’s better no to have a different type but offer us the same.🤪🤪

I've had two AZ's so I'll be getting Pfizer I imagine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swagman said:

Yeah that’s the same as my wife Pete, they say they work well together.👍

How did you two get different ones Keith......cos you're in the same age group?

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How did you two get different ones Keith......cos you're in the same age group?

I don’t know Pete it doesn’t make sense, I think it was because I am 5 months older, the doctors sent for me to be done at hospital but the wife got sent to the showground vaccination centre.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

I don’t know Pete it doesn’t make sense, I think it was because I am 5 months older, the doctors sent for me to be done at hospital but the wife got sent to the showground vaccination centre.

I was meant to have the Astra Zeneca jab, but the vaccination centre that I booked my appointment at only did Pfizer,  so I got that instead, so I think it was the same in the UK. It all depended on where you got the vaccination done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I was meant to have the Astra Zeneca jab, but the vaccination centre that I booked my appointment at only did Pfizer,  so I got that instead, so I think it was the same in the UK. It all depended on where you got the vaccination done.

Could well be the case, but you would have thought we would be called in together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Specs said:

It seems that here in Wales the boosters won't be Astra Zeneca but one of the other two, Pfizer or Moderna I think.

Yeah it’s the same here as well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Specs said:

It seems that here in Wales the boosters won't be Astra Zeneca but one of the other two, Pfizer or Moderna I think.

AZ is finished.....they got rid of their old stock on us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

AZ is finished.....they got rid of their old stock on us.

I'm wondering if the AZ is not so good with the Delta variant. I heard from my boys that my ex is quite ill with Covid at the moment and she is double vaccinated. She works in a primary school, so it didn't take long after the schools went back for it to start spreading at a rate again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'm wondering if the AZ is not so good with the Delta variant. I heard from my boys that my ex is quite ill with Covid at the moment and she is double vaccinated. She works in a primary school, so it didn't take long after the schools went back for it to start spreading at a rate again.

Not idea......but I did see stats saying that after 6 months Pfizer is about 75% effective whereas AZ is only about 60%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not idea......but I did see stats saying that after 6 months Pfizer is about 75% effective whereas AZ is only about 60%.

That’s you fucked then.😷😷😷

• Haha 2