Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

3 hours ago, Tym said:

Do you like this one, 1984 325e,  giving it to my nephew. Going to be his first car.

Can he drive stick? I hope you told him that girls always take their knickers off if they sit on leather?

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You managed to get all the blood out of the boot (trunk) upholstery then Tym :classic_laugh:

ServiceMaster™ is your best friend when in deep.  🤓

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You've kept that in good nick Tym 👍

Still remember walking into the showroom in 1984, i was working at the state capitol for a college credit so i went to the Hotford dealer and there she sat, waiting,

i bought her for mum on the spot, been cleaning and changing the oil ever since, mum gave up driving long ago, i took one trip to Charleston South Carolina for my birthday in '05.

other then that she's sat in the garage, waiting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Can he drive stick? I hope you told him that girls always take their knickers off if they sit on leather?

Not my problem if he cant, he;s from the Parisian side of the family, so at least he can order in parisian french good food in a french eatery if he cant, most french type kids can drive shifts,

and its a great anti theft device in the hood. The car is going to NYC to live now. He gets the girls now already, that french thing again. 

🤓

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tym said:

ServiceMaster™ is your best friend when in deep.  🤓

Well i hope your nephew appreciates it it's a very nice gift. My daughter past her test last week and picked up a little car on the weekend for her I've never seen her so excited

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

Not my problem if he cant, he;s from the Parisian side of the family, so at least he can order in parisian french good food in a french eatery if he cant, most french type kids can drive shifts,

and its a great anti theft device in the hood. The car is going to NYC to live now. He gets the girls now already, that french thing again. 

🤓

I had a stick in GA, definitely a good anti theft device.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Well i hope your nephew appreciates it it's a very nice gift. My daughter past her test last week and picked up a little car on the weekend for her I've never seen her so excited

Well, we just lost his sister to cancer, suddenly things like keeping this car dont mean as much as they did to me before, especially if it just sits and gets moldy.

Letting him have his grandmothers car for some freedom and adventure in life  is The least i can do right now..

• Like 4

I needed to borrow a truck once so a buddy said I could take his but to leave my car as he needed to go into town later, I parked on his driveway, left him my keys and took the truck, when I got back my car hadn’t moved, when I asked why he had not used it he said he got in then realised it had too many pedals so he cancelled his appointment and went back in the house to hit himself with a hammer.

• Haha 7

Arriving to Faro by train yesterday night, I caught an Uber across town, and was amazed at the amount of people on the streets. Tens of motorcycles where there’s usually half a duzian, most restaurants have expanded outside because of capacity restrictions inside, every single chair occupied, people eating and drinking and having fun, and lots of people walking around… I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a busier night here except one time there was a concert.

It’s nice watching people have fun but I hope it doesn’t blow in our faces.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Arriving to Faro by train yesterday night, I caught an Uber across town, and was amazed at the amount of people on the streets. Tens of motorcycles where there’s usually half a duzian, most restaurants have expanded outside because of capacity restrictions inside, every single chair occupied, people eating and drinking and having fun, and lots of people walking around… I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a busier night here except one time there was a concert.

It’s nice watching people have fun but I hope it doesn’t blow in our faces.

When i popped out for my beer earlier i couldn't believe the amount of people in town heading for the pubs

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i popped out for my beer earlier i couldn't believe the amount of people in town heading for the pubs

They derestricted restaurant hours a couple of days ago here, people were cravingfor sitting outside after dinner with a cool wine and chatting happily, you can tell by the mood people are appreciating it.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2021 at 08:10, XTreme said:

25 cases in town.......and latest news is that Spain is now trialling it's own vaccine!

No indication yet as to whether it's only effective on Dagos!

Three friends from California are headed out this Sunday for Spain.  Will be riding their motorcycles (which they keep in France).  How are the restrictions in the Pyrenees region?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alfalfa said:

Three friends from California are headed out this Sunday for Spain.  Will be riding their motorcycles (which they keep in France).  How are the restrictions in the Pyrenees region?

I don't think there's any restrictions in place anywhere Rick.

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

They may have to shown proof of having had a PCR test 72 hours before entering Spain ?  I know you do if you go to France .

France is just proof of double jab now , no isolation

image.png.6a13f0d2ea22b17af7acdfb112ea4fb2.png

• Like 3

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

I don't think there's any restrictions in place anywhere Rick.

Thanks!   i cant seem to keep up with all the rules coming and going.  I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to board a plane if it wasnt ok with Spain.  Here we are slipping back to mask requirements in some areas.  Nevada seemed the most strict on my latest ride.  Montana seems more easy going, but saw a lot of masks.  Idaho is posted in some places as masks required if not vaccinated.

I'm hoping to go to a biker party on the bank holiday and they've just posted the covid guidelines they have to follow, It's kicking off with concentration camp and i aint going anywhere where i have to show my papers comments. All i can say is if you cant follow the guidelines then good because we don't fucking want you there. I can see it all kicking off at the gate on the day :classic_laugh:

image.png.ce2e6925f31ecf854d1535e100cf1d29.png