First Weekend in March!

XTreme

Weather's not that good......

Screenshot2024-03-01110739.png.4d7200bd3f8b6c18246c119059f34a20.png

......and I've got a site to build as well.

Hopefully I can get out for a while tomorrow though!

What about you lot?

• Like 2

Forecast for the weekend is crap, doubt much will be happening here.

Just hope the weather improves for next weekend, going on a adventure 😂 

Screenshot_20240301_102119_Chrome.jpg.b6f4061ad1f4bec9365973ccbfb25e87.jpg

• Like 2

Snowed again last night....just a dusting though. Gonna try & sort out the new ride this weekend.👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Clive said:

Forecast for the weekend is crap, doubt much will be happening here.

Just hope the weather improves for next weekend, going on a adventure 😂 

Screenshot_20240301_102119_Chrome.jpg.b6f4061ad1f4bec9365973ccbfb25e87.jpg

It’s shit isn’t it, bloody rain all damn day. To make matters worse the road outside my house is at the bottom of a public byway which the electricity folks kindly dug up a few weeks back but made no effort to sort the surface out. Now every time it rains 5 tons of mud and crap washes down onto the road. Need to get myself a dirt bike I guess …

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nute said:

It’s shit isn’t it, bloody rain all damn day. To make matters worse the road outside my house is at the bottom of a public byway which the electricity folks kindly dug up a few weeks back but made no effort to sort the surface out. Now every time it rains 5 tons of mud and crap washes down onto the road. Need to get myself a dirt bike I guess …

And we had 20 minutes of snow today, there is so much I want/need to do outside, and have a little ride too 🛵,  but got some cleaning to do on the scoot 1st, then I can get it dirty again. 😂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

And we had 20 minutes of snow today, there is so much I want/need to do outside, and have a little ride too 🛵,  but got some cleaning to do on the scoot 1st, then I can get it dirty again. 😂 

Oi  !!   us poor feckers in the West Country had sleet this morning , that's just not right ..........

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Nute said:

rained nearly all day here and now it's freezing 😵‍💫

• Like 1

Not much going on this weekend....charge the battery's on the bikes...temp suppoce to climb to 8 c this afternoon the atv trails are all dirt by now...imagine they will turn into muck with the mild temp..

• Like 1

Woke up to snow but it's melting away now so probably walking the neighbours dogs and then drinking beer/cider and a pizza later .

Going to some Italian's house tomorrow for dinner, they have a very annoying child so I may borrow @Buckster's tazer  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Woke up to snow but it's melting away now so probably walking the neighbours dogs and then drinking beer/cider and a pizza later .

Going to some Italian's house tomorrow for dinner, they have a very annoying child so I may borrow @Buckster's tazer  :classic_laugh:

I don't have a tazer, I can loan you a shotgun though.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Storm is here now......so another lost weekend for me!

Cant you just work when the weather is shit and ride when its sunny, i thought that was one of the advantages of being self employed especially when you don't have to leave the house to work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Take Six with you, word on the street is he's good at making children disappear 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Cant you just work when the weather is shit and ride when its sunny, i thought that was one of the advantages of being self employed especially when you don't have to leave the house to work.

Mon-Fri the clients' businesses are open.......so I have to be available in case they fuck something up. Which happens quite regularly in fact.

Weekends I've got more freedom, but I still have to be available if needed. And I tend to do most site builds on weekends cos I get less interruptions.

Ensuring the sites and emails all run as normal is an ongoing thing.....not a 9-5 Mon/Fri.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Mon-Fri the clients' businesses are open.......so I have to be available in case they fuck something up. Which happens quite regularly in fact.

Weekends I've got more freedom, but I still have to be available if needed. And I tend to do most site builds on weekends cos I get less interruptions.

Ensuring the sites and emails all run as normal is an ongoing thing.....not a 9-5 Mon/Fri.

Sounds like your tied down more than someone doing a 9-5. Almost everyone i know who's self employed comes and goes as they please although there are ones i know that wont turn a job down and live in work. That's the one thing i look forward to is the weekend because i know i have two days of doing what i want, same in the weekdays after 4 work stops although i do find it hard to shut off sometimes if i have a complex job on.  I get depressed as fuck when i get asked to work a weekend but it don't happen too often LOL.  Hope it's worth your while.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sounds like your tied down more than someone doing a 9-5. Almost everyone i know who's self employed comes and goes as they please although there are ones i know that wont turn a job down and live in work. That's the one thing i look forward to is the weekend because i know i have two days of doing what i want, same in the weekdays after 4 work stops although i do find it hard to shut off sometimes if i have a complex job on.  I get depressed as fuck when i get asked to work a weekend but it don't happen too often LOL.  Hope it's worth your while.

It was more manageable until 2016 cos my boy was here!

Then he walked out from the business (which I'd put in his name) to go to fucking Poland. To be with that fat Slavic psycho!

During the intervening years since then I've dropped some of the more annoying and needy clients......but I've still got over 100 of them!

Some of them have been with me nearly 20 years, and the overwhelming majority for over 10 years.

Reviews

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It was more manageable until 2016 cos my boy was here!

Then he walked out from the business (which I'd put in his name) to go to fucking Poland. To be with that fat Slavic psycho!

During the intervening years since then I've dropped some of the more annoying and needy clients......but I've still got over 100 of them!

Some of them have been with me nearly 20 years, and the overwhelming majority for over 10 years.

Reviews

In the About Us section it has nothing in it with you're Chinese heritage though, it would seem abit lacking in your background pete

• Haha 1

Not really worth of a ride report, but yesterday met up with @Sofia in Alentejo by the big lake. Pleasant enough to be on the bike on the way there.

IMG_4043.thumb.jpeg.0f6aac4b010676f1e8c303e8a0fa8634.jpeg

Waiting for her to show up since we were coming from different places:

IMG_4047.thumb.jpeg.9a3c0827ae71412adb1100d750c24f3c.jpeg

IMG_4049.thumb.jpeg.5bb23fb8ae92adb05bf05844ad09717d.jpeg

IMG_4055.thumb.jpeg.7a5b955dd410513b00ee270f240c65aa.jpeg

and presto!

IMG_4056.thumb.jpeg.3e726e5f99e719d4b096b69cfdaa9cb9.jpeg

Alqueva lake is at the absolute maximum level of water I've ever seen it, I doubt it has ever gone as high before.

IMG_4057.thumb.jpeg.07274004e3341cd815c89cbae945c5ab.jpeg

IMG_4064.thumb.jpeg.706161698bd3231712ef4f8ecf4232c3.jpeg

IMG_4067.thumb.jpeg.7ea3356be666bc9f87497584902e6a56.jpeg

IMG_4072.thumb.jpeg.eaf1101ae76c43d0b591c31c3bf542cc.jpeg

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.0c83088a60562082631ff24055660db0.jpeg

We left the Triumph for a little and I took her on the GS through an easy trail near the water, I think the bug to ride a trail bike has bitten... there might be a video later of that.

Today we rode back home, except the majority of the ride was under quite heavy rain, my phone safe in my pocket and under my rain pants mean there's no pictures of it, but quite the amount of water came down. All warm and dry at home with my jacket still dripping down a bit.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not really worth of a ride report, but yesterday met up with @Sofia in Alentejo by the big lake. Pleasant enough to be on the bike on the way there.

IMG_4043.thumb.jpeg.0f6aac4b010676f1e8c303e8a0fa8634.jpeg

Waiting for her to show up since we were coming from different places:

IMG_4047.thumb.jpeg.9a3c0827ae71412adb1100d750c24f3c.jpeg

IMG_4049.thumb.jpeg.5bb23fb8ae92adb05bf05844ad09717d.jpeg

IMG_4055.thumb.jpeg.7a5b955dd410513b00ee270f240c65aa.jpeg

and presto!

IMG_4056.thumb.jpeg.3e726e5f99e719d4b096b69cfdaa9cb9.jpeg

Alqueva lake is at the absolute maximum level of water I've ever seen it, I doubt it has ever gone as high before.

IMG_4057.thumb.jpeg.07274004e3341cd815c89cbae945c5ab.jpeg

IMG_4064.thumb.jpeg.706161698bd3231712ef4f8ecf4232c3.jpeg

IMG_4067.thumb.jpeg.7ea3356be666bc9f87497584902e6a56.jpeg

IMG_4072.thumb.jpeg.eaf1101ae76c43d0b591c31c3bf542cc.jpeg

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.0c83088a60562082631ff24055660db0.jpeg

We left the Triumph for a little and I took her on the GS through an easy trail near the water, I think the bug to ride a trail bike has bitten... there might be a video later of that.

Today we rode back home, except the majority of the ride was under quite heavy rain, my phone safe in my pocket and under my rain pants mean there's no pictures of it, but quite the amount of water came down. All warm and dry at home with my jacket still dripping down a bit.

Nice one Pedro!

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Take Six with you, word on the street is he's good at making children disappear 

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Chew Valley lake (near me) is the same Pedro , if we get much more rain It could go up over the road 

This one is a man made lake, for water to be used for farming. It has a big dam which can be opened. 

100/150km away the Algarve is in severe draught though.

• Like 2