Trailing Behind

Slowlycatchymonkey

Maybe consider getting a heavy motorcycle. Something tall too, so that you drop it when off tarmac and then takes some effort to lift up. Now that’s a man’s workout.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My knees are the problem! I've got stretched MCL's in both of them so any walking other than a short distance gives me grief!

Personally I can't see how cycling is going to be any easier than walking.  Like @Pedro said, just take a gentle stroll to the shop/park/DBM's clubhouse to start off with 👍

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Maybe consider getting a heavy motorcycle. Something tall too, so that you drop it when off tarmac and then takes some effort to lift up. Now that’s a man’s workout.

Which will really do my Hernia a lot of good!

• Haha 1

A static exercise bike would be MUCH better than riding on the road where you can't control the starts, stops or inclines. You also can't control the weather and I don't see you out on the road in all conditions to get that 10 mins exercise done everyday.. too hot.. too cold.. too rainy.

At home you can place the machine in front of the aircon. Happy days.

Cycling on a static exercise bike is a hell of lot easier on the knees than walking. 

Walking involves impact which is what sets off knee pain. Cycling is non-impact and builds up the muscle around the knee, ultimately helping reduce pain in the long run.

The compressive forces of walking downhill are usually the finisher for age related knee problems.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

A static exercise bike would be MUCH better than riding on the road where you can't control the starts, stops or inclines. You also can't control the weather and I don't see you out on the road in all conditions to get that 10 mins exercise done everyday.. too hot.. too cold.. too rainy.

At home you can place the machine in front of the aircon. Happy days.

Cycling on a static exercise bike is a hell of lot easier on the knees than walking. 

Walking involves impact which is what sets off knee pain. Cycling is non-impact and builds up the muscle around the knee, ultimately helping reduce pain in the long run.

The compressive forces of walking downhill are usually the finisher for age related knee problems.

So a static would be better then? I'll have to check some of them out!

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

So a static would be better then? I'll have to check some of them out!

Yep.

If anyone has knee issues that is what a surgeon would recommend. 

There are usually stacks of them available second hand on places like eBay. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That explains the aggro I get when walking down through the woods

walk in the woods walking GIF by Partizan

• Like 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

That explains the aggro I get when walking down through the woods

walk in the woods walking GIF by Partizan

It's near always downhill that does it. 

You can try shortening your gait when going downhill. Smaller steps can reduce the pressure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It's near always downhill that does it. 

You can try shortening your gait when going downhill. Smaller steps can reduce the pressure. 

I'm more sort of concentrating on staying upright :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

My ass mainly I'd have thought......those seats look brutal!

And I can't do anything till I get the Hernia repaired!

do fuck all ...  your 70, your entitled to the odd ailment , just crack on as you are.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

No update from @Marcel since Friday?

Rough weekend....doing better..was able to keep down  a proper meal last night ...wasn't able to pretty well eat since last Tuesday ..feel well enough to go back to work this morning so....see how it goes..

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Rough weekend....doing better..was able to keep down  a proper meal last night ...wasn't able to pretty well eat since last Tuesday ..feel well enough to go back to work this morning so....see how it goes..

Glad you’re feeling better now, sounds like it’s been a rough one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Best wishes for a quick recovery Marcel!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marcel said:

what happened to your superior genes then ....

Sick 1980S Tv GIF by absurdnoise

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sounds like he's been flushing them down the toilet the last few days so none left

probably caught something of that moose he found and bummed

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Six30 said:

probably caught something of that moose he found and bummed

Good point! Nothing good ever came from fucking a dead moose!

I heard the Doctors said to him......"Sorry to tell you Marcel but it appears that you're now suffering from brain damage".

And he told them......"What you talking about.......my brain has been like that well before I came in here".

• Haha 3

Have exchanged on my sons apartment, due to complete on Thursday 👍

Feels weird, on one hand it's exciting and I'm really happy for them getting their first proper place and on the other I'm really not because this is probably our last summer all at home together.

laugh or cry martial arts GIF by Shaw Brothers

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Have exchanged on my sons apartment, due to complete on Thursday 👍

Feels weird, on one hand it's exciting and I'm really happy for them getting their first proper place and on the other I'm really not because this is probably our last summer all at home together.

laugh or cry martial arts GIF by Shaw Brothers

Getting broody? Well that ship has sailed for you!

• Haha 2