Trailing Behind

Slowlycatchymonkey

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

More the potent reverberating childhood memory having milk teeth pulled with inadequate (I’d d say no) anaesthetic.

The sounds of crunching and cracking set to a backdrop of excruciating pain whilst being held down in a dental chair.

Yep that’ll do it. Think I might be busy later washing my hair 😆

Ricki Lake Teeth GIF by Netta

John Mulaney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Just getting out of the hospital...

Intestinal blockage due to my childhood mishap with the needle...been getting my stomach pumped out for the pass two days ...real not pleasant feeling let me tell you..

20230727_104309.thumb.jpg.b9802d778db61571e8e325610019c0f9.jpg

Looks like you're on death's door mate, time to get your affairs in order 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Looks like you're on death's door mate, time to get your affairs in order 

I feel like I've been hell and back....all cause 3 corns on the cob...they unplug yesterday afternoon...if not I would have get and operation done...glad that wasn't the case...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I feel like I've been hell and back....all cause 3 corns on the cob...they unplug yesterday afternoon...if not I would have get and operation done...glad that wasn't the case...

Did the pin come out with it?!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Intestinal blockage due to my childhood mishap with the needle...been getting my stomach pumped out for the pass two days ...real not pleasant feeling let me tell you..

Doesn’t sound like a lot of fun. 
Hope your back to bothering humanity soon!

30 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Get well soon Marcel!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

We thought you had flounced.

Pity they couldn’t do anything about your turkey neck while you were there.

Mom Love GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marcel said:

get well soon , i'll ask buckster to say a prayer for you.

• Haha 2

Just got back from the Docs after getting the results of all the tests they did.....ECG, blood, and urine.

I've never had anything like that done before so I had no idea what to expect. Especially with me having had Covid (plus four jabs) and whether all those may have caused other issues.

And the result was that apart from having marginally high cholesterol I'm in perfect shape. Which was a shock for me considering I'm nearly 70.

I don't need to take any medication for the cholesterol because it's nowhere near those levels, but I have been told to go out walking! 

But as I told her, that's not possible until I get my Hernia done. And even then it's going to give my knees grief if it's any sort of distance.

So the other option is a bicycle apparently.

The Office No GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just got back from the Docs after getting the results of all the tests they did.....ECG, blood, and urine.

I've never had anything like that done before so I had no idea what to expect. Especially with me having had Covid (plus four jabs) and whether all those may have caused other issues.

And the result was that apart from having marginally high cholesterol I'm in perfect shape. Which was a shock for me considering I'm nearly 70.

I don't need to take any medication for the cholesterol because it's nowhere near those levels, but I have been told to go out walking! 

But as I told her, that's not possible until I get my Hernia done. And even then it's going to give my knees grief if it's any sort of distance.

The Office No GIF

Starting to ride a bicycle at 70 is going to properly hurt!

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Starting to ride a bicycle at 70 is going to properly hurt!

My ass mainly I'd have thought......those seats look brutal!

And I can't do anything till I get the Hernia repaired!

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Especially with me having had Covid (plus four jabs) and whether all those may have caused other issues.

Over It Wow GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

but I have been told to go out walking! 

Whatever you choose to do after such a long period of inactivity is going to cause you a lot of grief, whether you're successful will be very dependent on starting off very small and building up very slowly. The level of commitment is usually where most people fail. 

10mins max every other day for the first week, then once you can do without no consequences 10 mins everyday, then once 10 mins everyday is too easy increase by no more than 10% each time on the distance. Do not instigate another increase until you can complete the exercise with complete ease.

Exercise bikes are the best choice for someone getting back to fitness because the resistance can be lowered, you can cycle consistently without starts and stops, you can easily measure what you're doing and it's possible to watch tv while you're doing that boring 10 minutes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

My ass mainly I'd have thought......those seats look brutal!

And I can't do anything till I get the Hernia repaired!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=gel+seat+cover+for+bike&crid=1J231GPFBCTF8&sprefix=gel+seat%2Caps%2C168&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_8

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Over It Wow GIF by ABC Network

Whatever you choose to do after such a long period of inactivity is going to cause you a lot of grief, whether you're successful will be very dependent on starting off very small and building up very slowly. The level of commitment is usually where most people fail. 

10mins max every other day for the first week, then once you can do without no consequences 10 mins everyday, then once 10 mins everyday is too easy increase by no more than 10% each time on the distance. Do not instigate another increase until you can complete the exercise with complete ease.

Exercise bikes are the best choice for someone getting back to fitness because the resistance can be lowered, you can cycle consistently without starts and stops, you can easily measure what you're doing and it's possible to watch tv while you're doing that boring 10 minutes. 

Standing and walking is what sets it off......particularly standing.

Not sure about cycling setting the hernia off though.....haven't ridden a bicycle since I was a Kid. And those were other peoples' bicycles as well......I've never actually had one.

When I was a kid my old girl wouldn't pay out any money for me to get one, and once I started working I was old enough to get a motorcycle.

So I know nothing about bicycles!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That, right there.  You've got to want to do it :littleguy:

I don't think I've got a choice if I want to get my cholesterol down!

What size or type of bike would I need? I don't want anything like those racing bikes where you're hunched forward!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I don't think I've got a choice if I want to get my cholesterol down!

What size or type of bike would I need? I don't want anything like those racing bikes where you're hunched forward!

Screenshot_20230731_130012_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d938e9774b2e4e76cb4fdb4686c5714d.jpg

for your skill and experience 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

So I know nothing about bicycles!

They’re similar to motorcycles, except really slow and you get to places exhausted.

Is there nothing you do daily on the car that you can do on an easy 20 minute stroll? Going to the bakery or something like that. I think gently walking is a lot easier on the knees than bicycles, plus you’ll hate getting on a bicycle until it gets cooler.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Is there nothing you do daily on the car that you can do on an easy 20 minute stroll?

My knees are the problem! I've got stretched MCL's in both of them so any walking other than a short distance gives me grief!

• Like 2