Trailing Behind

Slowlycatchymonkey

On 31/07/2023 at 15:20, XTreme said:

So a static would be better then? I'll have to check some of them out!

no they are boring , get out and ride .

• Haha 1

Bunch of twats....a dead moose now !!..  made it through the day....

And my superior genes are untouched...it's all cause of that boucher that operated on me...had my guts spilled out on a table when I was a little lad...stupid idiot could have taken and xray to see where that Dam needle was before cutting me open....

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Six30 said:

what happened to your superior genes then ....

Sick 1980S Tv GIF by absurdnoise

That’s why he survived, he was infected with anthrax from the moose anus, that would have killed a normal pervert.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Speaking of wonky donkeys @Saul’s been a bit quiet and where’s @Tango?

I think we are entering the phase when we need to contact social services if someone doesn’t check in 🤣

It alright don't call social services I am ok 😉    Just a bit busy at the moment, but have been lurking when I have the chance.  Have been following the drama on here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

That’s why he survived, he was infected with anthrax from the moose anus, that would have killed a normal pervert.

Well I can honestly say I can digest metals ...one thing I have to work on is to chew my food more...I tend to eat way to fast and swallow my food without chewing much...

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Well I can honestly say I can digest metals ...one thing I have to work on is to chew my food more...I tend to eat way to fast and swallow my food without chewing much...

Unimpressed Uh Huh GIF

17 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Well I can honestly say I can digest metals

Very handy skill to have in case you end up getting locked in a scrapyard and you feel a bit peckish!

16 hours ago, XTreme said:

Getting broody? Well that ship has sailed for you!

Cheeky git, I’ll have you know all of my female rels (bar me and one who’s a lot younger) have popped out brats into their late forties and early fifties, one of them had an oops baby at 56! 

And secondly fuck that! 😆

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Six30 said:

no they are boring , get out and ride .

Unrealistic to think someone who has shown no interest in exercise will go out in all weathers to ride a bike. 

Also people who don’t ride bicycles don’t realise it can be hard work no matter how slow you go due to other factors.

A static and a normal bike yer I can see that. Go out when the weathers fine but otherwise the temps Pete has to hide from during the day would mean it just won’t happen.

When I was big into endurance cycling everyone had a static as well as a real bike because it was easier to build up cardio fitness and control the pace and because sometimes you just don’t want to go out in the ice and snow. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Go out when the weathers fine but otherwise the temps Pete has to hide from during the day would mean it just won’t happen.

Not even the hardcore Lycra boys on bikes go out in the temps we have now!

No matter how fit they might be, they could end up in Hospital......or worse!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Unrealistic to think someone who has shown no interest in exercise will go out in all weathers to ride a bike. 

Also people who don’t ride bicycles don’t realise it can be hard work no matter how slow you go due to other factors.

A static and a normal bike yer I can see that. Go out when the weathers fine but otherwise the temps Pete has to hide from during the day would mean it just won’t happen.

When I was big into endurance cycling everyone had a static as well as a real bike because it was easier to build up cardio fitness and control the pace and because sometimes you just don’t want to go out in the ice and snow. 

Gay

• Haha 1

Went with son to GP appointment. Was surprised by the level of knowledge the Doc had and her attitude was excellent.

Didn’t even have to ask for a referral to an immunologist, she did it straight away! She also prescribed high dose steroids for emergency use and made a note he needs three adrenaline pens so I don’t have to argue with the practice manager next time!

Happy with that.

• Like 7

On 01/08/2023 at 11:03, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Speaking of wonky donkeys @Saul’s been a bit quiet and where’s @Tango?

I think we are entering the phase when we need to contact social services if someone doesn’t check in 🤣

I've been busy busy. We had friends round for a BBQ for Mandy's birthday, then Mandy was off work on hols last week, so we were out and about a fair bit. Things may settle down by Mid-september! 😂😂

• Like 3

On 31/07/2023 at 13:02, XTreme said:

I don't think I've got a choice if I want to get my cholesterol down!

What size or type of bike would I need? I don't want anything like those racing bikes where you're hunched forward!

You need an e-bike! A hybrid or mountain bike, because they're more upright. You need to do some exercise that gets the heart pumping, otherwise it won't do much for your cholesterol levels. 

Biking is much easier on the knees than walking. I have the beginnings of arthritis in both my knees, especially the right knee, and I can cycle for miles no problems,  but 5-10km walk and I really feel it in my knees!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

You need an e-bike! A hybrid or mountain bike, because they're more upright. You need to do some exercise that gets the heart pumping, otherwise it won't do much for your cholesterol levels. 

Biking is much easier on the knees than walking. I have the beginnings of arthritis in both my knees, especially the right knee, and I can cycle for miles no problems,  but 5-10km walk and I really feel it in my knees!

Yeh......walking gives me grief!

I've been like this since my late 30's!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Yeh......walking gives me grief!

I've been like this since my late 30's!

Playing squash until I was nearly 60 didn't do my knees a huge favour! 😉😂😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Tango said:

I've been busy busy. We had friends round for a BBQ for Mandy's birthday, then Mandy was off work on hols last week, so we were out and about a fair bit. Things may settle down by Mid-september! 😂😂

Good to see you Bob!

In your absence @Six30 bought a Triumph, then got rid of it a few days later for a Beemer!

Checked out the Transalp yet?

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

That's high impact stuff!

Yes, and a lot of twisting and turning. TBF, me and my squash partners are all the same age, so the latter years of playing were a bit more leisurely than before, but still pretty hard!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Good to see you Bob!

In your absence @Six30 bought a Triumph, then got rid of it a few days later for a Beemer!

Checked out the Transalp yet?

Couldn't handle a Triumph! I completely understand! 😉😂😂

I've looked at the Transalp and a couple of others and watched several reviews, but the sticking point is in selling my Triumph. The sales process here is pretty involved,  even if you speak the lingo! There's so many scammers around now, too, which makes the selling process even more fraught with danger!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tango said:

Couldn't handle a Triumph! I completely understand! 😉😂😂

I've looked at the Transalp and a couple of others and watched several reviews, but the sticking point is in selling my Triumph. The sales process here is pretty involved,  even if you speak the lingo! There's so many scammers around now, too, which makes the selling process even more fraught with danger!

Just part ex and be done with it!

• Like 1