1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Oh Peter, you have such a way with words.  I reckon you and @skyrider went to the same finishing school ..........

eyebrow-raise-spock.gif.ac2084a508f28614d3f022da76314d21.gif

That's his efforts to try and captivate new and interesting members to the forum. He also bans pictures of nipples because that is offensive.

• Haha 3

Well it's been raining since Monday and only to be clearing out for Sat...I've got about 600km to do before my first service booked for July 8 ..

I've listed the KTM 1290 for sale got a few offers but nothing serious..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Marcel said:

Well it's been raining since Monday and only to be clearing out for Sat...I've got about 600km to do before my first service booked for July 8 ..

I've listed the KTM 1290 for sale got a few offers but nothing serious..

You need to get yourself a light off-road bike so you can go get raped by a moose.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You need to get yourself a light off-road bike so you can go get raped by a moose.

I probably will if I sell it...just owning two bikes at the moment doesn't make sence to me ...just don't have the time and wyll there's still warranty left on the KTM I think it's time for her to go. 

• Like 1

Don't know if I mentioned it before ....but when I took the bike out for a test ride ..the sales clerk said we had to top up the engine oil...I found it a little weird being that it was a new bike...there's a specific way to check the oil level on those and it looked like the tec was fresh from the Mc Donald's burger line and they just hired him...it was Sat ..I don't imagine their better tech work on Saturday so I hope ...so long story short ..I check the oil and there was about a half litre over filled.. dam.

So my appointment is on another Saturday ...I'm a little worried. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Don't know if I mentioned it before ....but when I took the bike out for a test ride ..the sales clerk said we had to top up the engine oil...I found it a little weird being that it was a new bike...there's a specific way to check the oil level on those and it looked like the tec was fresh from the Mc Donald's burger line and they just hired him...it was Sat ..I don't imagine their better tech work on Saturday so I hope ...so long story short ..I check the oil and there was about a half litre over filled.. dam.

It will be fucked now. That didn’t last long, better check out a nice Honda Shadow.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Marcel said:

Is it one of those dry sump jobbies 

10 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I've ordered a colour match low profile tour pack from Indian ..you have to buy everything separately....pack..quick release rack and passenger back pad...it's not cheap..

How much?

16 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Semi dry pump ...not to sure what they mean by semi...

Same on my Africa Twin, basically the oil tank is inside the engine not external. Supposed to make the engine more compact by not having a sump hanging down underneath the engine, there's also a procedure to check it on the Africa Twin

9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I don't if I should tell you...your gonna start hating me soon.

It's the price of a good used motorcycle. 

Tour pack...2319.99

Rack..519.99

Pad...109.99

Fucking hell!

12 hours ago, Marcel said:

The other day my mechanic had a BMW 650 with an oil leak to fix.

someone was checking the oil when cold and keeping on adding half a litre at a time, engine was overflowing with oil from the admission, all breathers, etc…, it’s a surprise it ran with more than twice the normal amount of oil in, turns out there was no leak, it was just blowing oil out.

Shame someone at a dealership does that, more so on a 30 grand bike.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

The other day my mechanic had a BMW 650 with an oil leak to fix.

someone was checking the oil when cold and keeping on adding half a litre at a time, engine was overflowing with oil from the admission, all breathers, etc…, it’s a surprise it ran with more than twice the normal amount of oil in, turns out there was no leak, it was just blowing oil out.

Shame someone at a dealership does that, more so on a 30 grand bike.

Ya it's a shame....correct procedure is to check when cold...run for 30 seconds ..bike has to be upright and level...for the challenger..

Hey Marcel, I was looking at your bikes specs and noticed that it is almost exactly twice the weight of mine and also has twice the torque so it should accelerate like mine does, however mine has 100hp so you'll need 200hp to match up.

6 hours ago, zzzak said:

Hey Marcel, I was looking at your bikes specs and noticed that it is almost exactly twice the weight of mine and also has twice the torque so it should accelerate like mine does, however mine has 100hp so you'll need 200hp to match up.

The main difference is that he actually rides his.

• Haha 3

Well last night I took it into some twistise ...and it felt like a sport bike ...probably not fair to compare it with my 2015 harley but I was taking it about 20kph faster and felt like I could have even gone faster...it felt solid and planted...no frame flex at all...the engine is part of the frame...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zzzak said:

Well with a stage one it's rated at 134 hp and with the speed limiter removed I would definitely get on the top end ..