The thing I found with the scout was it was very happy at low speeds just cruising along and you get lulled into the idea that’s what it’s for, just pleasant cruising and taking in the view but then you open it up and it transforms into a completely different bike. Much sharper and more powerful than you expect and it’s a surprise. A Labrador and a Rottweiler in one package. Bargain. 
Hope the Challenger has the same thing going on.

Still think about it, ultimately the 9T won out because it was more aggressive and just a bit more fun but I’d still really like a Scout. 

The only thing I remember putting me off was the number of complaints about rusting but that was 5 years ago. They’ve probably sorted it out by now. 

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The thing I found with the scout was it was very happy at low speeds just cruising along and you get lulled into the idea that’s what it’s for, just pleasant cruising and taking in the view but then you open it up and it transforms into a completely different bike. Much sharper and more powerful than you expect and it’s a surprise. A Labrador and a Rottweiler in one package. Bargain. 
Hope the Challenger has the same thing going on.

Still think about it, ultimately the 9T won out because it was more aggressive and just a bit more fun but I’d still really like a Scout. 

The only thing I remember putting me off was the number of complaints about rusting but that was 5 years ago. They’ve probably sorted it out by now. 

They had few qwirks at the start of the production for the challenger..just minor stuff mostly. 

Don't think Rust will be and issue on my end ..it's impossible for us to be riding in salt with are weather...stored in door in a heated garage so..

• Like 1

I've looking to have the Harley replaced...Been to many Harley dealers to check things out...don't know if Ian walked in into a dealer recently but built quality isn't what it use to be ...plastic crome..and I'm sure half of the parts on those are not built in the U.S ...probably China or India is what I figure..

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Marcel said:

I've looking to have the Harley replaced...Been to many Harley dealers to check things out...don't know if Ian walked in into a dealer recently but built quality isn't what it use to be ...plastic crome..and I'm sure half of the parts on those are not built in the U.S ...probably China or India is what I figure..

Have you seen the paint problems people are having with Indians?

18 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I've heard there was issues with the earlier models ..

Supposed to be sorted for the 2023...time will tell...

The paint and fenders on my Harley are far superior to the ones from the last couple of years, I know someone who just got a new Fatboy so it will be interesting to see how that lasts.

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

The paint and fenders on my Harley are far superior to the ones from the last couple of years, I know someone who just got a new Fatboy so it will be interesting to see how that lasts.

Like I stated....built quality has taken a nose dive compared to older models....in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Like I stated....built quality has taken a nose dive compared to older models....in my opinion 

Sounds like Indian have started at the bottom, perfect for you.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Cunt...lol...and it begins the old Indian vs Harley wars

Not really, because the new Indian isn’t really an Indian, Harley Davidson is the oldest motorcycle manufacturer in the world.

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Not really, because the new Indian isn’t really an Indian, Harley Davidson is the oldest motorcycle manufacturer in the world.

Oh I know ...and they haven't improved any of there motorcycles since world War 2...same old design and outdated mechanics...have you taken a Harley in corners and push it...frame feel like a wet noodle..

4 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Oh I know ...and they haven't improved any of there motorcycles since world War 2...same old design and outdated mechanics...have you taken a Harley in corners and push it...frame feel like a wet noodle..

My bike handles like a boss, but I’m a real biker not a pretender.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

My bike handles like a boss, but I’m a real biker not a pretender.

Oh I'm sure it does at 50kph hauling that trailer...if you really think a Harley handle good then  you can't be more than a pretender.....did you ever hear this saying...." A Harley is a Ford's second causine "

• Haha 2

Give it a year or two and Harley will be copying Indian...I'll even put a wager on it...liquid cool ...aluminum frame ...better suspension than 2 inch of rear travel that sends shock waves in your spine every time you hit Crack in the road...

10 minutes ago, Marcel said:

.did you ever hear this saying...." A Harley is a Ford's second causine "

No, but then I don’t speak retard.

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

No, but then I don’t speak retard.

Just admit it....Indians motorcycles are on another level compared to the old dated Harley desigh...it's like comparing a Ford pinto to a chevy camaro...

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Just admit it....Indians motorcycles are on another level compared to the old dated Harley desigh...it's like comparing a Ford pinto to a chevy camaro...

You are going to end up getting bummed in an abandoned gay bar. Indian is America’s answer to Honda.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You are going to end up getting bummed in an abandoned gay bar. Indian is America’s answer to Honda.

Indians is the only manufecture  that will force Harley to develop a better motorcycle....they knock the ball out of the park in the performance bagger section with the challenger....go and test ride one....you'll see. 

7 hours ago, Marcel said:

Indians is the only manufecture  that will force Harley to develop a better motorcycle....they knock the ball out of the park in the performance bagger section with the challenger....go and test ride one....you'll see. 

Can anyone remember Victory Motorcycles?

I’ll just leave that there.