What you made, making, bodged?

Slowlycatchymonkey

As Pete's keen to show off his DIY skills I thought a thread where you can put pics of stuff you made/are making/have fixed or rescued with a bodge would be good to look at. 

I don't have anything to contribute at the moment as my recent epoxy resin fix on the fridge door has just come off in Mr Slowlys hand 😆

Last upholstery thing this Friday so hopefully Ill have something to contribute then but the way it's been going I'm not so sure 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

He will be along soon to show us how to load a pellet burner ..............................

I'm sorry I've got that wrong, apparently he wife does that job   :littleguy:

• Haha 7

No pictures unfortunately. When I was about 8 or 9 I had been given a hand held telescope, the sort you see Admiral Nelson disobeying orders with. At that time we lived on the top floor of a maisonette (4 floors overall) and I used to look across the waste ground to the next town from my bedroom window. I got sick of the wobbling picture so decided what I needed was some sort of tripod.

I found two large old glass coffee jars with screw top lids. Digging out my plasticine, I had loads, I stuck one jar to the window ledge. I unscrewed the lid half way and then plasticined the second jar across the lid sideways, unscrewing that one's lid halfway. Finally I plasticined the telescope to the sideways jar lid. I now had a telescope I could swivel or move up and down but stayed steady. If I had known about duct tape I would have had an easier time of it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Clive said:

I remember that Pete was very good at making  barriers out of cardboard boxes to put around his previous bikes..

So What Eye Roll GIF

The BoyDog years......he fucking hated the Bandit!

12805943_961028937351012_4247893135028435113_n.jpg.c6774ae07006ac8a971f29eff64ae439.jpg

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, yen_powell said:

No pictures unfortunately. When I was about 8 or 9 I had been given a hand held telescope, the sort you see Admiral Nelson disobeying orders with. At that time we lived on the top floor of a maisonette (4 floors overall) and I used to look across the waste ground to the next town from my bedroom window. I got sick of the wobbling picture so decided what I needed was some sort of tripod.

I found two large old glass coffee jars with screw top lids. Digging out my plasticine, I had loads, I stuck one jar to the window ledge. I unscrewed the lid half way and then plasticined the second jar across the lid sideways, unscrewing that one's lid halfway. Finally I plasticined the telescope to the sideways jar lid. I now had a telescope I could swivel or move up and down but stayed steady. If I had known about duct tape I would have had an easier time of it.

Excellent. 

I loved plasticine. It got banned from our house as my mum kept finding it mashed into the carpet ( I was genuinely clueless about how it got there), I become apoplectic before sobbing uncontrollably so she relented. I don't think I've been that upset about anything since, well maybe Lassie going the wrong way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Been round the sons sorting a bedroom/games room. I might add he's 33 in March.:classic_laugh:
Kitchen worktop fitting along with some led type cornice and some Natural wall panels.
To fit this in this tight spot here I made a template out of some old skirting.

IMG_4341copy.thumb.jpg.dd202645d7f97be7528edfd1f9c46901.jpg

Shit the price of this stuff has gone mental so didn't dare mess it up. In it's slot nice and tight.

IMG_4338copy.thumb.jpg.af61820cefa315f6928912f0ea5fddf3.jpg

The "natural wall" is a right pain in the arse as the bars of wood are fitted to the back panel which is a thick felt with staples, so you have to miss them by taking some off the top or bottom and then re-stapling in places to keep them all together. You can guess I'm really going to enjoy the next panel as it's going on the wall with the plug point.

This is the opposite wall we did at the weekend.

PHOTO-2023-02-12-14-58-51.thumb.jpg.aef5ef58c17442473f99d9c05e9ab77b.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Excellent. 

I loved plasticine. It got banned from our house as my mum kept finding it mashed into the carpet ( I was genuinely clueless about how it got there), I become apoplectic before sobbing uncontrollably so she relented. I don't I've been that upset about anything since, well maybe Lassie going the wrong way. 

We had it at school when I first started, I think I was about 8 before we actually got any at home. I then discovered it actually came in different bright colours and without long hairs inside most of it, unlike the brown reinforced stuff at school.

When my Dad died his Ford jeep thing was sitting in the front garden and my Mum wanted it gone as it was a constant reminder of him. The problem was it had no MOT and the hooter was disconnected, for some reason the alarm would go off whilst driving and that set of the hooter. My Dad had been trying to find the cause of this when he got ill so it had never been fixed. I had no chance of solving the problem so I bolted a motorcycle hooter under the bonnet and led two wires via the battery and a fuse then into the cab. I made a plasticard box up with a bell push button in it, connected it to the hooter wires and gaffer taped it to the dashboard with the words BODGOMATIC HOOTER (PATENT PENDING) written on it in magic marker. It passed the MOT with that and I drove it to my house and kept it there for a few months, green laning in it occasionally, before selling it for my Mum.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

We had it at school when I first started, I think I was about 8 before we actually got any at home. I then discovered it actually came in different bright colours and without long hairs inside most of it, unlike the brown reinforced stuff at school.

When my Dad died his Ford jeep thing was sitting in the front garden and my Mum wanted it gone as it was a constant reminder of him. The problem was it had no MOT and the hooter was disconnected, for some reason the alarm would go off whilst driving and that set of the hooter. My Dad had been trying to find the cause of this when he got ill so it had never been fixed. I had no chance of solving the problem so I bolted a motorcycle hooter under the bonnet and led two wires via the battery and a fuse then into the cab. I made a plasticard box up with a bell push button in it, connected it to the hooter wires and gaffer taped it to the dashboard with the words BODGOMATIC HOOTER (PATENT PENDING) written on it in magic marker. It passed the MOT with that and I drove it to my house and kept it there for a few months, green laning in it occasionally, before selling it for my Mum.

Genius!

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Been round the sons sorting a bedroom/games room. I might add he's 33 in March.:classic_laugh:
Kitchen worktop fitting along with some led type cornice and some Natural wall panels.
To fit this in this tight spot here I made a template out of some old skirting.

IMG_4341copy.thumb.jpg.dd202645d7f97be7528edfd1f9c46901.jpg

Shit the price of this stuff has gone mental so didn't dare mess it up. In it's slot nice and tight.

IMG_4338copy.thumb.jpg.af61820cefa315f6928912f0ea5fddf3.jpg

The "natural wall" is a right pain in the arse as the bars of wood are fitted to the back panel which is a thick felt with staples, so you have to miss them by taking some off the top or bottom and then re-stapling in places to keep them all together. You can guess I'm really going to enjoy the next panel as it's going on the wall with the plug point.

This is the opposite wall we did at the weekend.

PHOTO-2023-02-12-14-58-51.thumb.jpg.aef5ef58c17442473f99d9c05e9ab77b.jpg

What is the point of the natural wall?

I was fed up of all the bottle openers i had in the house you just couldn't get a good grip on them so i bodged this, might have to make a mark II, although it works better than anything else i have here after using it i can see ways to improve it LOL

WhatsAppImage2023-02-14at21_10_51.jpeg.bffadccaca9b7bee1bb434957b5c77f6.jpeg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was fed up of all the bottle openers i had in the house you just couldn't get a good grip on them so i bodged this, might have to make a mark II although it works better than anything else i have here after using it i can see ways to improve it LOL

WhatsAppImage2023-02-14at21_10_51.jpeg.bffadccaca9b7bee1bb434957b5c77f6.jpeg

Looks great. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

are they hung in the order you wear them ?

In groups, a pair of jeans, a hoodie, a corduroy over tshirt shirt, motorcycle jeans, whoolen inner layer, outer layer, BMW Enduroguard jacket bought a month ago, Dainese leather jacket, dainese touring pants, a inner layer of a jacket that’s not here, and a raincoat for the street

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

In groups, a pair of jeans with silver stars around the crouch area,  a hoodie, a corduroy Lumberjack shirt { pop studs , not buttons, so i can rip it off on the dance floor when Sylvester "you make me feel " comes on ,  motorcycle jeans, silky stocking  inner layer, outer layer, BMW Enduroguard jacket bought a month ago, Dainese leather jacket, dancing  touring pants, a inner layer of a jacket that’s not here, and a raincoat for flashing old ladies on the  street

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The one you asked if they are hung in the order I wear them. Looking back it seems they are, is it weird?

i asked cause it reminded me of one of my dads mates ... he had 5 pairs of chino trousers all the same colour , used to wear a different pair every day ,

he had to stop wearing them and bought blue ones cause he kept dribbling and had to start wearing  Tena Lady Pads 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

i asked cause it reminded me of one of my dads mates ... he had 5 pairs of chino trousers all the same colour , used to wear a different pair every day ,

he had to stop wearing them and bought blue ones cause he kept dribbling and had to start wearing  Tena Lady Pads 

I hope it was the two pairs of jeans that reminded you of your dad’s friend and his chinos.

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What is the point of the natural wall?

Wasting money, giving Dad a hard time and it's supposed to be noise cancelling. As well as creating a feature instead of the same boring painted walls.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

Wasting money, giving Dad a hard time and it's supposed to be noise cancelling. As well as creating a feature instead of the same boring painted walls.

I suppose it would be bound to have some noise absorption qualities but can’t imagine it’s worth the hassle.