What you made, making, bodged?

Slowlycatchymonkey

54 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not really a bodge job is it, that's a good looking solution nicely done šŸ‘

A mirror attached with a bit of duct tape wobbling around now that wold be a proper bodge šŸ˜†

Not a bad bit of engineering there mateĀ 

clap russ GIF by TheMacnabs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's the one machine i want to complete my workshop but don't have room for oneĀ 

The other thing you could get is a mount for the lathe than you can fix the part to and have the tool in the chuck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, busabeast said:

The other thing you could get is a mount for the lathe than you can fix the part to and have the tool in the chuck

There is a milling attachment for the lathe available but its too tall for the space i have it in, might have to move things about a bit

Ā 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There is a milling attachment for the lathe available but its too tall for the space i have it in, might have to move things about a bit

Ā 

What lathe do you have?

I wouldn't mind having one,Ā  not that I have any room available at the momentĀ 

48 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Ā 

Too lathey to swap stuff about.

I'm here all week.........

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Too lathey to swap stuff about.

I'm here all week.........

Yes your right there I've been looking at various attachments and for the simple job i had today it would have taken hours to change from turning to milling and back again. if i get a mill it will be a stand alone one so no setting up after the initial set up is complete

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

For a hobby lathe the part you made looked pretty good, I take it the bearings aren't all knackered after a couple of uses and that it's reasonably accurate?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, busabeast said:

For a hobby lathe the part you made looked pretty good, I take it the bearings aren't all knackered after a couple of uses and that it's reasonably accurate?

Yes it's still all good the parts I've made with it don't have to be that accurate but if you take your time with it it is very accurate, the only complaints i have is there is no powered cross feed and there's some backlash in the feed controls i could modify it to take that out but i can work around it so haven't bothered. Oh and i should have got the newer model as it had variable speed drive rather than belts mines a potch to change speeds so one speed suits all LOL

• Like 3

On 26/02/2023 at 16:50, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes it's still all good the parts I've made with it don't have to be that accurate but if you take your time with it it is very accurate, the only complaints i have is there is no powered cross feed and there's some backlash in the feed controls i could modify it to take that out but i can work around it so haven't bothered. Oh and i should have got the newer model as it had variable speed drive rather than belts mines a potch to change speeds so one speed suits all LOL

Only lathes and milling machines I've any experience with are Colchester lathes and bridgeport milling machinesĀ 

• Like 1

Just now, busabeast said:

Only lathes and milling machines I've any experience with are Colchester lathes and bridgeport milling machinesĀ 

A friend of mine owns an engineering firm and bought two lathes for Ā£100 I got offered the small one for free just before i bought the one i have. I would have loved to have had that instead but it was imperial and about 6ft long there would have been no room in my shed for me if that was in there as well, he's converted it to a CNC machine now and it works well. The old stuff are the bestĀ 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Whats with all the plates?

Some are the legal size ones for the dirt bikes got them after the plod booked me on the 650 just in case and others are spares as they get damaged now and again. The P171 with the left side missing is one i kicked off swinging my leg over the bike before i bought flexible ones (not as flexible as Pete LOL) it should go in the bin but it don't eat no drink so it got as far as there and stayedĀ :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Some are the legal size ones for the dirt bikes got them after the plod booked me on the 650 just in case and others are spares as they get damaged now and again. The P171 with the left side missing is one i kicked off swinging my leg over the bike before i bought flexible ones (not as flexible as Pete LOL) it should go in the bin but it don't eat no drink so it got as far as there and stayedĀ :classic_laugh:

Thought it might be a size thing.Ā 

You should see the size of the plate Fowlups have put on the BSA itā€™s fecking ENORMOUS, practically sail sized, canā€™t be good for the environment šŸ˜†

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thought it might be a size thing.Ā 

You should see the size of the plate Fowlups have put on the BSA itā€™s fecking ENORMOUS, practically sail sized, canā€™t be good for the environment šŸ˜†

that's one of the things the frogs can't get over, the size of plates on brit registered bikes, Talk about air brakes some of them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

that's one of the things the frogs can't get over, the size of plates on brit registered bikes, Talk about air brakes some of them!

Iā€™ve ordered a new one. The letters are the correct legal size (ie still jumbanormous) but the extra bit of plastic on it with FOWLERS written on it has to go. Look at it, itā€™s absurd.. the plate that is not the bike before Pete chimes in šŸ˜†

DDC88A11-982E-49E3-B0AC-BAF8C371EDE4.thumb.jpeg.51402751c020794b8d854a1388582cb0.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Iā€™ve ordered a new one. The letters are the correct legal size (ie still jumbanormous) but the extra bit of plastic on it with FOWLERS written on it has to go. Look at it, itā€™s absurd.. the plate that is not the bike before Pete chimes in šŸ˜†

DDC88A11-982E-49E3-B0AC-BAF8C371EDE4.thumb.jpeg.51402751c020794b8d854a1388582cb0.jpeg

When you picking it up?

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I believe these bits of wording are a legal requirement on new bikes/cars registration plates nowĀ 

DDC88A11-982E-49E3-B0AC-BAF8C371EDE4.jpeg.fcf309cc34ab61d64b15ecc921e579ed.jpeg.c4466f732414e3774ee7028ad80f54cc.jpeg

Ā 

• Like 3

I made the bar and tables (ones on the right with benches) for a local brewery. Did 8 tables with two benches each and two "L" shaped bars that were put together like a square.

TookĀ  me over 2 months to do - one of my bigger projects . Still have some left over beer that they gave me...

334165365_6213039292052789_1011551963770995036_n.jpg

• Like 8