a baby himalayan?

MooN

I think @Saul's Enfield has had a bastard love child with Pete's ex chinese BMW...

This turned up at work last week.  MASAI 125 " Trail Adventure"   on sale from march...3690€   do you reckon it'll sell? 

955640736_masaiadventure.jpg.bf6fb94c6c37ecdf2d7226544cd9c512.jpg

So I've already told tham it needs spoked wheels and handguards...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

More useless POS bikes......the market is going to be flooded with all these unknown brands soon.

Made in berlin is going to start sounding good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

More useless POS bikes......the market is going to be flooded with all these unknown brands soon.

so far the chinese are only doing the 125 and 50's on their own, they are waaaaaay off pruducing anything with more power than that. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MooN said:

I think @Saul's Enfield has had a bastard love child with Pete's ex chinese BMW...

This turned up at work last week.  MASAI 125 " Trail Adventure"   on sale from march...3690€   do you reckon it'll sell? 

955640736_masaiadventure.jpg.bf6fb94c6c37ecdf2d7226544cd9c512.jpg

So I've already told tham it needs spoked wheels and handguards...

I like the look of it, but I may be biased as it is an obvious copy of the Himalayan styling.  Apart from the alloy wheels I don't see much wrong with it.  Bit spendy maybe but looks practical enough. 

I don't have a downer on the chinese motorcycle industry it is growing and improving and will catch up.  A lot of really good tech in other fields comes from China, there is no reason to doubt their motorcycles will get there.  If you are honest you will admit the Japanese Motorcycle industry has produced its share of lemons in the past, as have all nationalities.  Doesn't stop many aspiring to their latest greatest offerings.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Saul said:

I like the look of it, but I may be biased as it is an obvious copy of the Himalayan styling.  Apart from the alloy wheels I don't see much wrong with it.  Bit spendy maybe but looks practical enough. 

I don't have a downer on the chinese motorcycle industry it is growing and improving and will catch up.  A lot of really good tech in other fields comes from China, there is no reason to doubt their motorcycles will get there.  If you are honest you will admit the Japanese Motorcycle industry has produced its share of lemons in the past, as have all nationalities.  Doesn't stop many aspiring to their latest greatest offerings.  

More than bit spendy. I paid £2900 for my Himalayan 1year old with 1800 miles on the clock.

€3690 for that? Crikey you wouldn't catch me spending that much on an unknown quantity. 

Err hang on.. hmm 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

More than bit spendy. I paid £2900 for my Himalayan 1year old with 1800 miles on the clock.

€3690 for that? Crikey you wouldn't catch me spending that much on an unknown quantity. 

Err hang on.. hmm 😆

Gold Star ❓

Actually I was quite impressed when I saw it in the Flesh.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well three of these are still running in the Dakar and that's a pretty good test of a bike, just ask KTM ??

kove-450-rally-pro-motorcycle.webp.5674f768bac51166830177c2678f27bb.webp

It is a great test of a bike, but a factory Dakar engine is also nothing alike a normal bike.

They make way more power than normal bikes and KTM 450s used to last two Dakars before rebuilding.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It is a great test of a bike, but a factory Dakar engine is also nothing alike a normal bike.

They make way more power than normal bikes and KTM 450s used to last two Dakars before rebuilding.

Granted @Pedro but the engine {in a less tuned state) has been around for a while in the Fantic 450.  Kove have stated that their aim is to finish as they are using the bike as a test bed for a model you will be able to puchase.

It's good to see other manufacturers in the Dakar apart from KTM and all it's clones

• Like 3

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Well three of these are still running in the Dakar and that's a pretty good test of a bike, just ask KTM ??

They look rather nice Bob 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

From £8500 up to £13500. But will people pay that for a Chinese bike?

• Like 2

Just copied this from the Royal Enfield website:

Royal Enfield disclaimer :

"For short journeys, favor walking or cycling."
"Consider carpooling."
"On a daily basis, take public transport."
#MoveLessPollute

Hmmmmmm? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1