Mince pies

Buckster

Not found any exceptional ones this year, there are plenty of fancy attempts but nothing stands out, last year Lidl did one with a butterscotch drizzle which was excellent but this years offerings are much the same wherever you get them.

Very disappointing, it is the only redeeming feature about Christmas.

• Like 2

ca't get either mince pies or Christmas pudding here, the French just cqn't get their heads round them. They all seem to eat oysters for Christmas, along with other seafood. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MooN said:

ca't get either mince pies or Christmas pudding here, the French just cqn't get their heads round them. They all seem to eat oysters for Christmas, along with other seafood. 

They don't do mince pies......they are just weird

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

Any Brit shops near you?

Just now, XTreme said:

Any Brit shops near you?

no, thank God.

qctuqlly I think there's a "comptoir Irlandais" in Dijon where N01 daughter buys the occasional pot of marmite, or gets me a packet of custard creams from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

A Brit shop in France , are you f*cking mental .......................

youre-mad-black-and-white.gif.28133bfc389ed3f277b4fba20c35040e.gif

I'm sure there are some Bob, in the midi or dordogne I imagine where the big Brit ex-pat communities are / were. 

• Like 1

Just now, MooN said:

I'm sure there are some Bob, in the midi or dordogne I imagine where the big Brit ex-pat communities are / were. 

Well there's nothing around Phil's way and there are plenty of Brits in that area .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Google lists fucking loads in France!

Paris ( which doesn't really count as part of France and the south west mostly 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Google lists fucking loads in France!

I'm surprised to be honest, nowhere near as many Brits in France as there are in Spain.  Spain is overrun with them and they're not all as honest as you 

• Haha 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

Spain is overrun with them and there not all as honest as you 

That's what surprised me when I got here......I expected Brits here to be fairly upmarket.

Instead I found it was like a Council Estate had exploded and the occupants had landed here.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Buckster said:

Not found any exceptional ones this year, there are plenty of fancy attempts but nothing stands out, last year Lidl did one with a butterscotch drizzle which was excellent but this years offerings are much the same wherever you get them.

Very disappointing, it is the only redeeming feature about Christmas.

Gay Lgbt GIF by giphystudios2021

• Haha 3

No mad keen on mince pies.   Will eat them though.   Weirdly we were given a food hamper this week with these inside.   Quite nice but they were free which puts them in pole position for me 🤣     

30C9C050-5FFC-466B-A970-37C049591856.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, MooN said:

@Tango, any round your way? 

No, mate, but we make our own mince pies and Christmas cake. There's a few online places that do deliveries of brit food stuffs, mainly from the Republic of Ireland so they have less red tape to deal with. 😉😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1