Your Day Today!

XTreme

23 minutes ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme don’t look like you’ll be driving into Bazza next year Spain are banning all diesel petrol engines from towns and cities 

Big cities only.....Baza is a small town.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Clive said:

Washing machine broken 😔.....inside rear bearing gone.....sounds like it has a building brick in it when washing......Currys have a basic one in stock.....but I ain't paying 40 quid delivery....we only live 2 mile from their store...gits.

Press them on the delivery charge, they're known to drop that for a sale.

• Like 2

Just now, Catteeclan said:

Press them on the delivery charge, they're known to drop that for a sale.

If there's no extended warranty the salesman would prefer not to have the sale......cos he'll get bollocked for it.

I know how DSG operate as I worked for them for a while.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

If there's no extended warranty the salesman would prefer not to have the sale......cos he'll get bollocked for it.

I know how DSG operate as I worked for them for a while.

We got it dropped for my boy but that was a washing machine and a dryer. They started off wanting £40 each. 
Lots of places online under cutting them, they try to make it difficult by altering the model numbers making it difficult to match. Deserve loosing the sale for that alone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clive said:

Washing machine broken 😔.....inside rear bearing gone.....sounds like it has a building brick in it when washing......Currys have a basic one in stock.....but I ain't paying 40 quid delivery....we only live 2 mile from their store...gits.

It's always the way. The week before Christmas you can guarantee things to break down. Our water heater died a week before Christmas last year, but managed to get a new one fitted on Christmas eve! Hopefully you can get it sorted OK @Clive.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

We got it dropped for my boy but that was a washing machine and a dryer. They started off wanting £40 each. 
Lots of places online under cutting them, they try to make it difficult by altering the model numbers making it difficult to match. Deserve loosing the sale for that alone.

We've used AO (appliances online) in the past and delivery was free from what I can remember. We used Darty here and delivery and installation were in the price, but they weren't any more expensive than any of the others.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

It's always the way. The week before Christmas you can guarantee things to break down. Our water heater died a week before Christmas last year, but managed to get a new one fitted on Christmas eve! Hopefully you can get it sorted OK @Clive.

Rung AO....no delivery till well into the New Year.........so our daughter has ordered one out of her catalogue....a Indesit model......no date for delivery yet.....we will pay our daughter the full amount...not messing about with terms.

I have looked at our washer....the drum is a sealed (bonded) unit.....can buy a new one but it is £190 😲......the washer we ordered is £210. 😂 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Clive said:

Rung AO....no delivery till well into the New Year.........so our daughter has ordered one out of her catalogue....a Indesit model......no date for delivery yet.....we will pay our daughter the full amount...not messing about with terms.

I have looked at our washer....the drum is a sealed (bonded) unit.....can buy a new one but it is £190 😲......the washer we ordered is £210. 😂 

Tis a throw away world.

• Like 2

Just now, Catteeclan said:

Tis a throw away world.

So very true......same with most household items now it seems.

washing machine GIF by Samsung

It's being delivered this Friday............but not holding my breath.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Clive said:

We had a new one last month @Clive the delivery charge is a scam i said i would pick it up from the store and save the delivery charge but they said i would still have to pay it fucking pricks, but the delivery charge was £20 i think the £40 charge was for delivery at a specified time .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We had a new one last month @Clive the delivery charge is a scam i said i would pick it up from the store and save the delivery charge but they said i would still have to pay it fucking pricks, but the delivery charge was £20 i think the £40 charge was for delivery at a specified time .

I loose my temper when they come up with £40 delivery........£20 delivery I may have said OK......but £40 for a couple of miles!!.....sod that.......I could hire a van for half a day for £40

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

I loose my temper when they come up with £40 delivery........£20 delivery I may have said OK......but £40 for a couple of miles!!.....sod that.......I could hire a van for half a day for £40

My washer didn't come from the store it was an order in job i thought if they delivered it to the store i would be able to pick it up without the delivery charge.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme don’t look like you’ll be driving into Bazza next year Spain are banning all diesel petrol engines from towns and cities 

Blimey they are some extensive slightly complicated rules they're bringing in.

7 out of 10 cities prohibiting approximately 75% of traffic from city centres from 2023

I've been riding through 2 that where introduced a while ago in Valladolid and Madrid. Granada's on that list as is Motril. Fortunately foreign polluters don't count and our bikes are compliant anyway so no biggy but it's going to be interesting seeing the mass ditching of old cars. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

7 out of 10 cities prohibiting approximately 75% of traffic from city centres from 2023

I've been riding through 2 that where introduced a while ago in Valladolid and Madrid. Granada's on that list as is Motril. Fortunately foreign polluters don't count and our bikes are compliant anyway so no biggy but it's going to be interesting seeing the mass ditching of old cars. 

And they have just brought in a clean air charge in Bristol so if i want to drive in to visit the boy i have to pay £9 on top of my fuel to get there feck that i don't like him that much :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

They've brought in a thing in many cities over here where you have to get a sticker for your car/bike etc. Vehicles get graded by their emission figures and then fall into a band between 1 (least polluting) and 5 (most polluting). Access to some cities can be limited to Vehicles in the lower polluting categories at certain times. The stickers are only 3€50 or thereabouts, so registering is not expensive.  Fortunately, all our vehicles fall into band 1 or 2, so there shouldn't be any problems for us. Where Mandy works is within the zone for Montpellier,  but her car is band 1 anyway.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My washer didn't come from the store it was an order in job i thought if they delivered it to the store i would be able to pick it up without the delivery charge.

Same as our sofa.....SCS wanted us to pay £100 delivery from the manufacturers factory to us.......I said "iam buying it from here not from the factory".....but the sales guy said that's company policy......told him to stuff his sofa. 😂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And they have just brought in a clean air charge in Bristol so if i want to drive in to visit the boy i have to pay £9 on top of my fuel to get there feck that i don't like him that much :classic_laugh:

Yer but old bikes seem to be ok in Brizzle so no excuse not to take your little bundle for a nice lunch 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Don't forget the £20.00 tax for invading Bristol from the Welsh valleys 🤪

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Clive said:

Get her a washboard and a mangle, that shit will last forever.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Get her a washboard and a mangle, that shit will last forever.

if there was one of these closer she could beat our washing on a rock. river GIF

• Haha 3