Your Day Today!

XTreme

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I never will Bob.......we can't live on a UK Pension!

I'm sure you can Pete, what with Brexit making stirling stronger and worth more than ever...

Oh,  wait a minute...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MooN said:

I'm sure you can Pete, what with Brexit making stirling stronger and worth more than ever...

Oh,  wait a minute...

If it went up to around 1.50 on the exchange rate like it was back in 2005 I'd get about €1150 a month instead of €820.

Still not a lot though with the cost of living going up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If it went up to around 1.50 on the exchange rate like it was back in 2005 I'd get about €1150 a month instead of €820.

Still not a lot though with the cost of living going up.

sad vintage GIF by Fleischer Studios.             😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 16/12/2022 at 14:53, boboneleg said:

7D017D7D-0F4A-4E2A-AA0A-93019107BD46.thumb.jpeg.b5bb4d2663045070b4029ea0ef0e1918.jpeg

that's a Folland Gnat, the Red arrows flew them till the late 70's I think. Apart from the GIss ( General Impression, Size and Shape) Pedro's already mentioned thegiveaway clues... the most obvious being wing placement.  No I'm not a plane nerd, but spent my school days surrounded by RAF kids who talked planes 24/7 and like most useless information, I seem to have retained much of it 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Clive said:

sad vintage GIF by Fleischer Studios.             😂

Me and my wife can live on the pension we receive.... although she receives less than me.....even with my extra allowance it's tough in the present climate with seemingly everything going up......we can live...but can't save anything.

• Like 2

Just now, Clive said:

Me and my wife can live on the pension we receive.... although she receives less than me.....even with my extra allowance it's tough in the present climate with seemingly everything going up......we can live...but can't save anything.

It's just my Pension with us Clive.....so no choice other than to keep working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

It's not bricks and mortar or physical stock.....it's me!

No me.....no business!

No its not bricks and mortar but the website hosting is a business, but it is your venture and you shouldn't give up doing something you enjoy even if you do moan about it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's just my Pension with us Clive.....so no choice other than to keep working.

I am not sure what will happen in early 2024 (assuming iam still breathing 😂) when my extra payment is due to finish......we could be up the proverbial creek then. 😕

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I am not sure what will happen in early 2024 (assuming iam still breathing 😂) when my extra payment is due to finish......we could be up the proverbial creek then. 😕

I expect the scoot and car will have to go if we end up on a basic pension.

16 minutes ago, busabeast said:

No its not bricks and mortar but the website hosting is a business, but it is your venture and you shouldn't give up doing something you enjoy even if you do moan about it 

It's not physically hard obviously......the main drawback is I can't step away from it.

It's not like you can close the shop and go home because the Internet never shuts down.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's not physically hard obviously......the main drawback is I can't step away from it.

It's not like you can close the shop and go home because the Internet never shuts down.

And the shop is a room at home so no for you it never stops...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Clive said:

What's your extra payment @Clive , is it a personal or company pension that you have ?   I ask because I live on a company pension plus what I earn by buying and selling etc.  When I get my state pension in 2024 my company pension will reduce pro rata, so I probably won't be getting anymore than I do now.  For clarity, I took my company pension aged 51 on a reduced rate when they shut the factory and made us all redundant.

• Like 2

Got some good news today!

Cos on Xmas Day my boy and the two grandkids will be coming up for Xmas Dinner......and the fat, obnoxious cunt will be staying in their flat on her own.

Celebrate We The Best GIF by Booksmart

I'm going to drag the day out as long as I can in order to prolong the time she's on her own on Xmas Day!

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Cos on Xmas Day my boy and the two grandkids will be coming up for Xmas Dinner......and the fat, obnoxious cunt will be staying in their flat on her own.

I'm going to drag the day out as long as I can in order to prolong the time she's on her own on Xmas Day!

Superb 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Every cloud and all eh, so you're picking them up midnight Xmas eve and dropping them off midnight boxing day morning?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What's your extra payment @Clive , is it a personal or company pension that you have ?   I ask because I live on a company pension plus what I earn by buying and selling etc.  When I get my state pension in 2024 my company pension will reduce pro rata, so I probably won't be getting anymore than I do now.  For clarity, I took my company pension aged 51 on a reduced rate when they shut the factory and made us all redundant.

@boboneleg......I receive a small pit pension which is $80 (no pound sign on this tablet) per month.........and I receive $160 per month attendance allowance....this finishes in early 2024......but I will try to claim it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

@boboneleg......I receive a small pit pension which is $80 (no pound sign on this tablet) per month.........and I receive $160 per month attendance allowance....this finishes in early 2024......but I will try to claim it again.

Why will your pit pension end @Clive  ?

Just now, boboneleg said:

Why will your pit pension end @Clive  ?

No that will continue.........it should be double that amount...but a one eyed Scotchman raided the NUM  pension scheme so effectively halving my monthly payments 😡

• Sad 1

Just now, Clive said:

No that will continue.........it should be double that amount...but a one eyed Scotchman raided the NUM  pension scheme so effectively halving my monthly payments 😡

That's a shit bag Clive, nothing like a pension robber to bring cheer into your life :classic_rolleyes:  It happened with British Steel , I know a guy in Newport who lost 30 years worth , him and a couple of thousand others as well 😠

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's a shit bag Clive, nothing like a pension robber to bring cheer into your life :classic_rolleyes:  It happened with British Steel , I know a guy in Newport who lost 30 years worth , him and a couple of thousand others as well 😠

The worst of it is they are still taking out many millions each year......The NUM have lobbied to have this theft stopped....but each government continues with the practice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I'm pretty certain that I'll go straight from work in to the box I doubt I'll see any pension

That's what the government want.....pay in all your working life....but take nothing out.

Maybe I was a little better prepared for retirement.....as I was on just above the minimum wage for many years before I retired so my monthly take home pay was around 1200 per month....and my wife missed the last six years of her working life due to her ailments....so the drop in income was not so profound.

But someone earning say 35,000 quid a year to drop down to basic state pension is one hell of a drop in living standards.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I'm pretty certain that I'll go straight from work in to the box I doubt I'll see any pension

Good luck to you Rich, it'll be a real struggle for some of you youngsters in the future.

• Like 2