Your Day Today!

XTreme

2 hours ago, Tango said:

We went to the Carrefour in Narbonne yesterday evening to get some food for Christmas. It was fairly busy when we got there, but was a good bit quieter by the time we got to the checkouts. Just need some veg now and I think we're all sorted.

Got a jumbo sized food order arriving Friday and then will have to go to a supermarket (or supermarkets plural depending on empty shelves) and get any missing items, so twice in one one week... aargh!

On the upside I went into Aldi for the first time today (a new one has opened up where I live) and was pleasantly surprised by how good the fruit n veg n meat looked. I was even more surprised when it totalled about half what I'm used to. Had to check the receipt because I was sure something must be awry but no you really can buy a bag of decent looking potatoes for 15p! 

The tool bit is going to difficult though £25 for an angle grinder.. I struggled to leave that behind 😁

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yeh a positive result 😔 ...........feel like shit.......and i can't get rid of this headache..

Did your test show positive on the normal DIY kit? Been hearing they're not good on this strain? Just hear say @Slowlycatchymonkey??
Be a nice quiet xmas this year.

Hope the pair of you are feeling better soon.

Edit.
Me and Mandi have had a bitching cold. I'm a couple of day behind her. 
A couple of days into it I had the aching across the shoulders the same I had with the jabs and last year when we both had covid. Negative test results for us both.
We're both coughing and spluttering something rotten, she's worse than me prob due to her immune suppressing injections.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Did your test show positive on the normal DIY kit? Been hearing they're not good on this strain? Just hear say @Slowlycatchymonkey??

Edit.
A couple of days into it I had the aching across the shoulders the same I had with the jabs and last year when we both had covid. Negative test results for us both.
We're both coughing and spluttering something rotten, she's worse than me prob due to her immune suppressing injections.

my mrs had it bad last week ,had a really bad cough , ached .... in bed for nearly 3 days... thought i had it to , but just felt a bit shit for a day, wasn't covid though both tested neg.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Edit.

Daughter tested us with a bog standard Lateral Flow test kit......they use them at the care home home where she works.......daughter said it was positive 

Wife seems a bit better than me.....she does not have the bad cough like I have.........but as said...its this damn headache.......had it since midday yesterday.........it no worse...but its no better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Daughter tested us with a bog standard Lateral Flow test kit......they use them at the care home home where she works.......daughter said it was positive 

Wife seems a bit better than me.....she does not have the bad cough like I have.........but as said...its this damn headache.......had it since midday yesterday.........it no worse...but its no better.

mrs had a bad headache to clive... hope you fell better soon

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Edit.

Honestly I don't know the official answer to that, it could easily be yes or no depending on what bit of the protein the test is sensitive to.

I do know for sure lateral flows are likely to give you a false negative and can't be relied on.

I had Covid (and was certain I did) for days and was recovering before the lateral flow finally showed up a positive.

As the figures are shooting up and it seems a dead topic for the media I think if your jabs are up to date and you feel like shit n reckon it's Covid avoid contact with anyone vulnerable. But thats just my take on it. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

You need a proper medical professional to answer that, not a nurse.

If you have a question on emptying bedpans then @Slowlycatchymonkey will be the one to ask, otherwise not so much.

• Haha 7

55 minutes ago, Six30 said:

my mrs had it bad last week ,had a really bad cough , ached .... in bed for nearly 3 days... thought i had it to , but just felt a bit shit for a day, wasn't covid though both tested neg.

But did you still get a shag ?

popcorn-blob.gif.b53cf7d73ee70ec8150958b2db6fb67d.gif

• Haha 4

Looks like we're going back to Albox on Friday......to pick up stuff that they didn't have three weeks ago, and to replace the jam tarts and mince pies that I've eaten since then! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Six30 said:

In bed for 3 days you say was your freezer full of ice cream 🤭

• Haha 7