Your Day Today!

XTreme

Monsoon season over here at the moment! Hardly been out of the house this week. Hopefully the weekend won't be too bad and we can get out for a while. Forecast doesn't look to bad at the moment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

124CC694-2856-48DE-AB14-E08D265AEADB.thumb.jpeg.013ab5cd7b3a18b717bc18450b454b33.jpeg

Inspected, insured, and sort of washed. It’s now officially mine, too, since I ended up buying it. Will be here for grocery getting and the odd dinner out.

Tart.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

124CC694-2856-48DE-AB14-E08D265AEADB.thumb.jpeg.013ab5cd7b3a18b717bc18450b454b33.jpeg

Inspected, insured, and sort of washed. It’s now officially mine, too, since I ended up buying it. Will be here for grocery getting and the odd dinner out.

Nice E30, don't know what sort of value they hold in Portugal but that is an expensive car in the UK.    What motor in it?

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Nice E30, don't know what sort of value they hold in Portugal but that is an expensive car in the UK.    What motor in it?

It´s my least preferred body style for an E30, would much rather prefer if it was a coupe or a station, but there you go. It´s just a 316i, 90 hp or something like that. My girlfriend used it as a daily for years, and it's never missed a beat.

• Like 4

Just now, Pedro said:

It´s my second least body style for an E30, would much rather prefer if it was a coupe or a station, but there you go. It´s just a 316i, 90 hp or something like that. My girlfriend used it as a daily for years, and it's never missed a beat.

I do like an E30, would love a 320 Touring.  E30 and E34 arguably the best BMWs in terms of looks and quality.   I can see you also have an emotional attachment to that one.  

I love my E46 Compact, wanted one for years but had to wait until they were cheap enough for my pocket.  I can't imagine ever selling it as I had to wait to long to get it.     I do like old BMW's cars and bikes.  If I won the lottery I would have many.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Fucking hell it's fucking freezing here!

Picked my Girl up from College this morning, -7.5C in fecking Cornwall for feck sake.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

center caps for the wheels please 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Six30 said:

center caps for the wheels please 

Sadly stolen a long time ago. And these center hubs are insane to buy.

They stole the front badge at the same time too, how she cried...

Hate scum that steals stuff like that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Picked my Girl up from College this morning, -7.5C in fecking Cornwall for feck sake.   

Yup it was a bit nippy today @Saul, I was north of you in Tenby, It was -8.5c when i arrived this morning and i was working outside in it, never went above 2c all day. I have been working in temperatures below freezing all week, but never mind about my easy job lets hear some more about how hard Pete's getting it in his warm office pressing those spring loaded keys on his keyboard for a living, must be absolute hell :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

lets hear some more about how hard Pete's getting it in his warm office pressing those spring loaded keys on his keyboard for a living must be absolute hell

What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yup it was a bit nippy today @Saul, I was north of you in Tenby, It was -8.5c when i arrived this morning and i was working outside in it, never went above 2c all day. I have been working in temperatures below freezing all week, but never mind about my easy job lets hear some more about how hard Pete's getting it in his warm office pressing those spring loaded keys on his keyboard for a living must be absolute hell :classic_laugh:

Warm office? Think again, he only runs the heating for one hour in the morning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Warm office? Think again, he only runs the heating for one hour in the morning!

One hour of the Pellet Burner belting out the heat is fine until the evening as it's still quite mild.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saul said:

I do like an E30, would love a 320 Touring.  E30 and E34 arguably the best BMWs in terms of looks and quality.   I can see you also have an emotional attachment to that one.  

I love my E46 Compact, wanted one for years but had to wait until they were cheap enough for my pocket.  I can't imagine ever selling it as I had to wait to long to get it.     I do like old BMW's cars and bikes.  If I won the lottery I would have many.  

This is my neighbours E34 Alpina B10, he just leaves it out on the road in all sorts of shitty weather and it hardly gets driven.  Surely that's not the way to treat a car like that ...........

2128396596_Alpinafront.thumb.jpg.5445af8f6cb41189095f81bff81ca49e.jpg

2050497019_Alpinarear.thumb.jpg.bde888b225ebac5584e3b4ce2305b539.jpg

695554284_Alpinaside.thumb.jpg.928a9584efe9b04bc23c1f01f8cf8d44.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, boboneleg said:

This is my neighbours E34 Alpina B10, he just leaves it out on the road in all sorts of shitty weather and it hardly gets driven.  Surely that's not the way to treat a car like that ...........

2128396596_Alpinafront.thumb.jpg.5445af8f6cb41189095f81bff81ca49e.jpg

2050497019_Alpinarear.thumb.jpg.bde888b225ebac5584e3b4ce2305b539.jpg

695554284_Alpinaside.thumb.jpg.928a9584efe9b04bc23c1f01f8cf8d44.jpg

An E39 is a tough car, though

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got another calendar today! There's a weird tradition here that the firemen, bin men, postie, etc come round on the run up to Christmas for their tips, but they're not allowed to just accept money. So you "buy" a calendar from them for whatever you think appropriate.  I don't know what the rules are, but the French are very creative in finding ways around them!

Anyway, anyone want to buy a calendar? 😉😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Tango said:

Got another calendar today! There's a weird tradition here that the firemen, bin men, postie, etc come round on the run up to Christmas for their tips, but they're not allowed to just accept money. So you "buy" a calendar from them for whatever you think appropriate.  I don't know what the rules are, but the French are very creative in finding ways around them!

Anyway, anyone want to buy a calendar? 😉😂😂😂

Still allowed to tip here.  I always look after the bin men, always good to keep them onside.    

• Like 1