Your Day Today!

XTreme

17 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Will they be providing a place for you to stay while there :classic_laugh:

No.....like here we won't be allowed to to go to their flat.

We'll book a hotel!

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....like here we won't be allowed to to go to their flat.

We'll book a hotel!

Ungrateful bastards. hope she does allow you to see them and not stop it when you get there deliberately wasting your time and messing with your head

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Ungrateful bastards. hope she does allow you to see them and not stop it when you get there deliberately wasting your time and messing with your head

The thought has crossed my mind Fred!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

If she does that then your wife should punch her lights out 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't post this in Jokes because it's actually real!

It's the Minister for the Environment getting enthused about a new bathing site! :classic_ohmy:

@yen_powell.......that's this year holidays sorted for you!

You can soak yourself in shit and sewage for a couple of weeks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Six30 said:

brightened up here .... thought i'd get out for a blast ..... had a quick dump wank .... looked out window and saw my neighbour watering his geranium collection and just had to go out and talk to him about them.

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And those two things are connected somehow?

part of my day today... the point being i decided to go out on bike and by the time i'd dumped it was raining... would you prefer i told a lie and said i thought i would hoover up first or have a quick cuppa 

The Office What GIF

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

part of my day today... the point being i decided to go out on bike and by the time i'd dumped it was raining... would you prefer i told a lie and said i thought i would hoover up first or have a quick cuppa 

The Office What GIF

That's more of what Pete understands, always hoovering and dusting in his flowery pinny and marigolds I've heard when it's nice out. 

I guess skippy would be able to elaborate further as that's where my reliable information came from 

• Haha 2

I thought i'd drag the 650 out to have a look over it to see what if it needs anything for the MOT, Battery was and is totally flat even though my battery tender says its ok so that's a disappointment for a start. Got it fired up off the boost starter no problem but noticed the stop light isn't working, Checked the but bulb that's ok, so after fiddling about a bit i find there's no continuity on the cable for the stop light and finds a break under the rear mudguard repairs that and it's a bloody awkward job, puts all the cable back checks it and it's all working but i find one of the number plate LED lights is out and the wiring is the same route as the ones i just put back so that's it for tonight I've had enough will look at that through the week then it will be onto the check wheels. bearings steering and suspension 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought i'd drag the 650 out to have a look over it to see what if it needs anything for the MOT, Battery was and is totally flat even though my battery tender says its ok so that's a disappointment for a start. Got it fired up off the boost starter no problem but noticed the stop light isn't working, Checked the but bulb that's ok, so after fiddling about a bit i find there's no continuity on the cable for the stop light and finds a break under the rear mudguard repairs that and it's a bloody awkward job, puts all the cable back checks it and it's all working but i find one of the number plate LED lights is out and the wiring is the same route as the ones i just put back so that's it for tonight I've had enough will look at that through the week then it will be onto the check wheels. bearings steering and suspension 

Hate it when smoke escapes from wiring, I'd usually just give up on it

• Haha 1

In the morning took the E30 to go shop for a shirt, it started first thing yesterday after way more than a month standing. This car is like a donkey, always happy to go for a walk. Ran into my dad's salesman who lives 400km away and was going back home with his family after the Easter weekend in Lisbon, what are the chances?

Did a little work, not much to do today since my clients are almost all closed on Easter monday, but the Spaniards alway find new things to annoy me, then had a pretty healthy lunch of raw cherry tomatoes with a toast and olive oil.

Spend most of the afternoon picking up grass and wild stuff growing in between the stones in my portuguese pavement, which is similar to cobblestones but white and smaller stones. Hard work in the warm sun. Missed a lot of them, managed to fill two 50 liter buckets and it still looks like shit!

Then washed the GS, which is the easiest bike in the world to get really dirty from normal riding, and the hardest to wash. Managed to bang my knuckles into the aluminium bashplate while scrubbing under the cylinders, and my neighbors got to hear some northern words they're not used to. A short ride to warm it up after drying and found someone ran out of talent and crashed a Citroen AX into a wall, the car was left on the outside of a corner on a very dark not lit road, smart!

Then vacuumed the house in a 50% ok way, had a shower, and am now enjoying a glass of wine outside, while the sun sets over the front neighbors houses.

IMG_0727.thumb.jpeg.50ebdf06935f8c8f3d43ccf8aac640e6.jpeg

My almond tree (the one with the sun through it) is really growing and shows some pretty nice big almonds in the making, I should spray it against aphids this week.

I'm tired, such is the life of a quiet day in the Ribatejo. Tomorrow I have work and a ride to go somewhere eat a sandwich for lunch. I'll take the stylish leather jacket!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I don’t dig it one bit. :classic_laugh:

Do they have an issue with the Portuguese? Cos I know they're not particularly keen on the French!

Just now, XTreme said:

Do they have an issue with the Portuguese? Cos I know they're not particularly keen on the French!

We have an issue with them, similarly maybe how the Scots or Irish might have an issue with the English.

Towards Portuguese, they think they’re superior, but they think they’re superior to anyone else, same as the French. 

Who likes the French?

Not fair really, the company I work for isn’t even Spanish owned or managed, it’s that company in itself that’s too complicated and dramatic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

I didn't post this in Jokes because it's actually real!

It's the Minister for the Environment getting enthused about a new bathing site! :classic_ohmy:

@yen_powell.......that's this year holidays sorted for you!

You can soak yourself in shit and sewage for a couple of weeks!

No one wants to see that is a bikini, except maybe for @Six30, he would.

• Haha 1