Your Day Today!

XTreme

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

E10 gums up and it's hard on some float types. 

That's why i stay away from the stuff where i can.

My car is supposed to run on super unleaded but will run fine on E10 but i found i get more MPG when i run on E5 so it cancels out the price difference between the two fuels and the car runs better on E5

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why i stay away from the stuff where i can.

My car is supposed to run on super unleaded but will run fine on E10 but i found i get more MPG when i run on E5 so it cancels out the price difference between the two fuels and the car runs better on E5

I get E5 at Costco, premium is only about 4p a litre more than regular. 

• Like 1

@Pedro

If the bike has been left for a while there’s a very good chance that the the o-ring on the needle valve has perished so the petrol is filling the float bowl and then leaking out of the drain hose 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

@Pedro

If the bike has been left for a while there’s a very good chance that the the o-ring on the needle valve has perished so the petrol is filling the float bowl and then leaking out of the drain hose 

Don't panic him Bob let him get it started first :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

The ride was shit, turned into rain 5 minutes in and ended up having lunch at home.

At home I did exactly that as I remembered this one time many years ago when I took the bowl off for changing the jets. A few taps fixed the leaking problem, however with all the fussing I fucked up the magic procedure to start the bike so it didn't and I left it for tomorrow. 

Also took apart a compost box in my garden as there are suspicions it might have been converted to a snake nest. There are a lot of small lizards and stuff like that living in the wild bush that is my garden, and they slither around when I'm around, but after a few more or less big snakes were seen I have become a little skittish of grabbing into grasses. Snakes here are mostly non venomous and eat rodents, but they are very aggressive and will make for painful encounters.

2b8f730d-1155-4958-b68e-61dca73e1ae3.thumb.jpg.197b609c954652ac6ead1041cc476004.jpg

Meet sid the highly venomous diamond backed sidewinder bite ya face off snake....

Do you keep them as a pet

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

@Pedro

It's not leaking after I tapped it lightly a few times. Tomorrow I'll get to it in the afternoon when I feel like smelling like gasoline.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Meet sid the highly venomous diamond backed sidewinder bite ya face off snake....

Do you keep them as a pet

If it does live inside my walls, maybe I do. I'm ok with them keeping at a distance though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

If it does live inside my walls, maybe I do. I'm ok with them keeping at a distance though.

Just watching Snakes in the city , the fella and his mrs they just went into a shed and caught a Black Mamba , one bite on the top half of his body , dead in 20 mins… sod that for a job 

• Like 3

Just got back from my first ride of the year. Been over 6 months since I last rode. Froze my ass off but it was worth it.

Ride report coming soon .... 

IMG_8842.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Just got back from my first ride of the year. Been over 6 months since I last rode. Froze my ass off but it was worth it.

Ride report coming soon .... 

IMG_8842.JPG

Congrats. Sounds good, if freezing, still got all your fingers n toes?!

13 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Congrats. Sounds good, if freezing, still got all your fingers n toes?!

Truth be told, I was more worried about my balls than fingers and toes. I could live without fingers and toes.

But all parts are where they were before I left so I'm in good shape.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Earache said:

Truth be told, I was more worried about my balls than fingers and toes. I could live with fingers and toes.

I originally typed Are all your extremities intact but didn’t want to leave you open to insults, should have known better 😆

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Six30 said:

Just watching Snakes in the city , the fella and his mrs they just went into a shed and caught a Black Mamba , one bite on the top half of his body , dead in 20 mins… sod that for a job 

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Earache said:

Truth be told, I was more worried about my balls than fingers and toes. I could live with fingers and toes.

Did you not get the standard Honda heated butt plug that comes with every Goldwing?

• Haha 4

Sitting outside with a coffee and calling clients enjoying a chill morning with little wind. Will take the opportunity of little wind to treat my tree against aphids. This is a lovely work / countryside balance when it works. 

Then later will get on the bike and go out for lunch, this time in what looks like a success judging by the blue skies. It's going to get hot in the weekend, 31º isn't that normal for this time of year yet, 20º and perfect today so quite a big difference.

• Like 3

Lots to do over the coming week, so I’ll probably be on here avoiding it all for as long as possible. 

Still got some cake left over from yesterday, I think this is a sign I’m supposed to continue with the tea drinking and time wasting until it’s all gone 😆

How did the work on your house turn out @Clive?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

How big is your organ @Buckster, I’ll bet it’s not as big as this one 😙

03038DAD-54D4-4DE6-808A-4F34EA3F863C.thumb.jpeg.33dfe437f3cb272cc2e9f55499a2b352.jpeg

An organ is only relative to the size of its environment, no one wants to play in a cathedral.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Lots to do over the coming week, so I’ll probably be on here avoiding it all for as long as possible. 

Still got some cake left over from yesterday, I think this is a sign I’m supposed to continue with the tea drinking and time wasting until it’s all gone 😆

How did the work on your house turn out @Clive?

They did a decent job replacing the ceilings, but made a bad job of painting them, we have fine paint splashes on the coffe machine, toaster, microwave, kettle and fridge, they show up because the said item's are black. 

I will get round to removing it, but not at the moment as we are down with Covid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

They did a decent job replacing the ceilings, but made a bad job of painting them, we have fine paint splashes on the coffe machine, toaster, microwave, kettle and fridge, they show up because the said item's are black. 

I will get round to removing it, but not at the moment as we are down with Covid.

You've got Covid Clive? How many times is that?

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

😩 

Not another illness, that really does suck.

Hope you’re feeling better soon. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

😩 

Not another illness, that really does suck.

Hope you’re feeling better soon. 

Not much improvement yet, hope we start to feel somewhat better in the next few days....i was supposed to be at audiology on Friday.....cancelled the appointment. 

• Sad 3