Your Day Today!

XTreme

13 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

They are w*knees of the highest order. I saw some eye watering stuff when I worked there and I caught the twats out when they supposedly serviced my Honda.

I was a twat to buy it from them , I should have known better. That’s why I went 40 miles to Cirencester when I bought my Yamaha.

So how did you catch them out?

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

They are w*knees of the highest order. I saw some eye watering stuff when I worked there and I caught the twats out when they supposedly serviced my Honda.

I was a twat to buy it from them , I should have known better. That’s why I went 40 miles to Cirencester when I bought my Yamaha.

I didn’t want to go all the way to Exeter and then have to go back there for the service cos it’s always pissing down when you have a serviced booked 😆

I have to say the salesman Adam was superb, excellent in fact. 

But the workshops reputation precedes everything else they do. 

I just thought they probably don’t pay well enough for people to give a shit but the attitude usually comes from the manager who generally sets the tone. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't know why but after a large bar of dark chocolate the next day its like trying to crap cold Black molasses :classic_laugh:

Black shit’s not good, so while not wanting to go all Gillian Mckeith (remember that charlatan?) is it just dark chocolate that does that? 

Are there other foods? Does it happen randomly? Does the dark chocolate eating occur with other behaviours (like you don’t care cos you’ve had 5 pints of Guinness)? 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Black shit’s not good, so while not wanting to go all Gillian Mckeith (remember that charlatan?) is it just dark chocolate that does that? 

Are there other foods? Does it happen randomly? Does the dark chocolate eating occur with other behaviours (like you don’t care cos you’ve had 5 pints of Guinness)? 😆

only after dark chocolate i must add it's after a large bar of it which is always eaten in one sitting LOL. The results of my poo sample i sent off a few weeks ago came back all ok so i'm not concerned.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

only after dark chocolate i must add it's after a large bar of it which is always eaten in one sitting LOL. The results of my poo sample i sent off a few weeks ago came back all ok so i'm not concerned.

If it’s only dark chocolate that does it thats dandy. You’re literally colouring your innards with cocoa 😆

Beetroot is the best one for frightening people 😆

• Haha 3

20230320_225954.thumb.jpg.94a892622f6d3e429a0c40699cb57fce.jpg20230321_211742.thumb.jpg.2bc425a599fd20ed6db51eb290825e71.jpg

Like living on a building site....we get a day off from the workmen tomorrow... they back on Thursday,  have to empty the kitchen again, and (God knows why 🤔) they have turned our gas off, good thing it's a bit milder.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

20230320_225954.thumb.jpg.94a892622f6d3e429a0c40699cb57fce.jpg20230321_211742.thumb.jpg.2bc425a599fd20ed6db51eb290825e71.jpg

Like living on a building site....we get a day off from the workmen tomorrow... they back on Thursday,  have to empty the kitchen again, and (God knows why 🤔) they have turned our gas off, good thing it's a bit milder.

Sounds a right pain Clive.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

What is it they’re doing again?

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What is it they’re doing again?

They ripped down the old ceilings in the kitchen & bathroom, and put up new (the guy said) mould resistant plasterboards, and plastered it today.......needs skimming when it's dried..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No heating and damp plaster in March? Are they trying to finish you off? 😆

It's a toss up between them, or my wife finishing me off 1st. 😂 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Saul said:

Sounds a right pain Clive.   

It's the associated dust and dirt that accompanied ripping down the old ceilings, loads came out of the roof space too..........and its nowhere near over with yet. 😔 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

It's the associated dust and dirt that accompanied ripping down the old ceilings, loads came out of the roof space too..........and its nowhere near over with yet. 😔 

That sort of disruption does your head in.....you can't relax in your own house.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Clive said:

Hopefully it will feel lovely and smooth and clean when they’re done. 

Looks like they’re doing a good job?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hopefully it will feel lovely and smooth and clean when they’re done. 

Looks like they’re doing a good job?

The guys do their best to clear up the mess they make, but it's the dust that's floating around, a hour after they have left it settles on every surface.....

Be a good thing when it's all done, but that may be the middle of next week, then I can think about decorating both rooms.....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That sort of disruption does your head in.....you can't relax in your own house.

We have to put coasters on the top of our cups of tea.....or we get a film of dust on them if we don't. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Clive said:

The guys do their best to clear up the mess they make, but it's the dust that's floating around, a hour after they have left it settles on every surface.....

Be a good thing when it's all done, but that may be the middle of next week, then I can think about decorating both rooms.....

Sounds like a lot of fun… 😬

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sounds like a lot of fun… 😬

I hate decorating......emulsion painting I can get on with, but gloss painting.. 😡 

• Like 2

Just now, Clive said:

I hate decorating......emulsion painting I can get on with, but gloss painting.. 😡 

I’m with you on that. 

I don’t think I ever want to paint anything ever again. 

And I downed tools halfway through doing one job which is a bit problematic 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m with you on that. 

I don’t think I ever want to paint anything ever again. 

And I downed tools halfway through doing one job which is a bit problematic 😆

Half the trouble is the doors in the bungalow are wheelchair friendly, they are way much wider than standard door, they take a age to paint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

did you get a spade with your s**t kit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Can you take them off the hinges and paint them flat?

They will come off easily, but nowhere to stand them while they dry.....with it being a 1 bedroom bungalow we are very short of space.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

They will come off easily, but nowhere to stand them while they dry.....with it being a 1 bedroom bungalow we are very short of space.

Damn. I yacht varnished all of mine whilst in situ because they are really heavy and it was a total pain in the arse. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Damn. I yacht varnished all of mine whilst in situ because they are really heavy and it was a total pain in the arse. 

I will paint them without removing them, I will hate every minute of doing it though. 😡 

• Like 3