Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

Snowed in. Day off and snowed in. I’m not bitter.  Just checked the calendar and today marks 100. So tomorrow 99 and so on. Tick Tock. Meanwhile the snow is deep and crisp and even and good king Wenceslas needs shooting. I wouldn’t mind but I tripped over my imaginary 12 bore and twisted it’s snoot.

a life ruined.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

My brother is trying his hardest to catch covid, last week it was Macedonia, then Zagreb and Bucharest for a few days. Everyone there at his office had a bad flu or covid, he had the sniffles. Since he’s ok now he went to China :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

I had a bit of good news today, At work I was on a 6 month contract (allegedly everybody does that here now because it's so bloody difficult and expensive to actually get rid of someone who's on an indefinate contract) but the boss, true to his word, confirmed today that he's signing me an idefinate contract from the end of this month, then I'll be able to breath again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MooN said:

I had a bit of good news today, At work I was on a 6 month contract (allegedly everybody does that here now because it's so bloody difficult and expensive to actually get rid of someone who's on an indefinate contract) but the boss, true to his word, confirmed today that he's signing me an idefinate contract from the end of this month, then I'll be able to breath again.

So he hasn't sussed that you're a Cunt?

Result! :classic_cool:

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, MooN said:

Superb Chris 👍  What do you think as it must be really different to what you did before, are you enjoying it ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MooN said:

That’s great news, indefinite in France means infinite if you want to and don’t murder someone in the company.

Hope you’re liking working there!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Superb Chris 👍  What do you think as it must be really different to what you did before, are you enjoying it ?

well the work in itself is easy enough and I'm still learning a lot about the machines, the computer systems and programs, electric motors and control systems. If I get bored I step into the workshop and annoy the mechanics till they let me take something apart 😂. The atmosphere is good and it's pretty relaxed. 

What I miss ( and this was going to be the case whatever "other" job I got into) is being one of the best at what I do. I'm not blowing my own trumpet vainly but with over 40 years playing with boats, 30 of those professionally, having driven everything from dingy's to RORC Racing yachts and from canoes and kayaks to 60ton barges I know I wll never attain that level of competence in any other domain, and that competence brings a confidence that I have never experienced elsewhere and never will.  that feeling, I will miss. 

apart from that, yeah I'menjoying it. 😋

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Buckster said:

No one asked me for a reference.

I will admit that your name did not instantly spring to mind as a referee...

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Well, too late now!

I’ll email them, I will write it in Frenglish so they understand.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Just rainy and windy hear.  

Son in law had to walk 5 mile to work 😕 daughter can't get off her road as the junction to the main road is on a hill......

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

Just rain here , I might go to Bluewater and do some shopping , I need some new Levi’s .

Get me a pair while your there , mine are getting a bit thin.  36w 32Leg  , 501's please 👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Get me a pair while your there , mine are getting a bit thin.  36w 32Leg  , 501's please 👍

Which leg is the 32 ? 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Clive said:

Son in law had to walk 5 mile to work 😕

I used to do that everyday going to school, barefoot, and it was snowing and uphill both ways.

• Haha 6

Took Costa for a walk in the morning, then both of us had breakfast, and for a while now hard at hardly working waiting for clients and supplier to get their fingers out.

Right after lunch will be taking the GS and spending the afternoon at my mechanic's to get a service done. That's when everyone will get their urgent issues and decide to pester me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4