Your Day Today!

XTreme

I'm back......and @Skippy is on the way home.

No bike disasters (he's on a Yam not a Kwak this time) and he didn't break his jacket.

Got bloody warm as the day went on......up to 26c here!

Ride Report to follow!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm back......and @Skippy is on the way home.

No bike disasters (he's on a Yam not a Kwak this time) and he didn't break his jacket.

Got bloody warm as the day went on......up to 26c here!

Ride Report to follow!

How’s your arse?

• Haha 6

She has been bleddy well been at it again.  Oh and for my blood pressure I have to stop fussing as she only fell off twice.   Or so she tells me.  FFS.
   And this is the one that wants a bike.   😳

Laughed at the boy today, he went to the pictures with his mates and rode home in the rain and dark   He comes in ranting “What the actual fuck, how are you supposed to see”    I explained to slow down and try and look away when you’re being dazzled.   He thought I was a dick for laughing and saying that rain and dark are part of biking and you just have to deal with it.  
🤣

3DF1575D-0CDB-46B9-953F-5FACC2988766.jpeg.f77f8002393c5d036cfaa59585e2b92f.jpeg89CC91D5-FE7A-4A3F-8BE7-5B9FE799C42C.jpeg.ef06f7674c149f2f1e9088fa1590997b.jpeg

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Saul said:

She has been bleddy well been at it again.  Oh and for my blood pressure I have to stop fussing as she only fell off twice.   Or so she tells me.  FFS.
   And this is the one that wants a bike.   😳

Laughed at the boy today, he went to the pictures with his mates and rode home in the rain and dark   He comes in ranting “What the actual fuck, how are you supposed to see”    I explained to slow down and try and look away when you’re being dazzled.   He thought I was a dick for laughing and saying that rain and dark are part of biking and you just have to deal with it.  
🤣

3DF1575D-0CDB-46B9-953F-5FACC2988766.jpeg.f77f8002393c5d036cfaa59585e2b92f.jpeg89CC91D5-FE7A-4A3F-8BE7-5B9FE799C42C.jpeg.ef06f7674c149f2f1e9088fa1590997b.jpeg

That the BMW GSA of horses that is!

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

That the BMW GSA of horses that is!

Apparently it's a 10 year old Cob called Blackberry, that's all I know.  I never go near the bloody things, does not stop them sending me photos to worry about though   Tis a daughter mother thing 🙄  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

Apparently it's a 10 year old Cob called Blackberry, that's all I know.  I never go near the bloody things, does not stop them sending me photos to worry about though   Tis a daughter mother thing 🙄  

those things don't have brakes

• Haha 4

Had a gentle run on the XR today, out with a lad testing his bike out for a trip to Morocco later this year. we covered all the terrain he could encounter on his trip except warm and dry but he's an expert in wet muddy and cold now though :classic_laugh:

He was close to loosing it exiting this puddle

IMG_E9079.thumb.JPG.ddd6f00f1ec8e04a661b52cf0c09bc19.JPG

IMG_E9081.thumb.JPG.a68ebcee812005d5ee11edb71f7bceb9.JPG

One big f off old sweet chestnut tree

IMG_E9085.thumb.JPG.05271dde8a730241c83a2c4f3a91919e.JPG

Damn disappointed i didn't get the whole tree in here, oh well i'll just have to go back there for a ride again.

IMG_E9086.thumb.JPG.9b9f3ba09ad56ab0b2bc0bb0c9b8f9ef.JPG

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, skyrider said:

those things don't have brakes

Or mudguards which they need judging by the amount of shit she has up her back.  

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In the woods together then?

What you make of this @Skippy?

Depends if he’s just ‘out’ or ‘out out’? For those that don’t know the difference then you need to Google Micky Flanagan. 😝😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Had a gentle run on the XR today, out with a lad testing his bike out for a trip to Morocco later this year. we covered all the terrain he could encounter on his trip except warm and dry but he's an expert in wet muddy and cold now though :classic_laugh:

He was close to loosing it exiting this puddle

IMG_E9079.thumb.JPG.ddd6f00f1ec8e04a661b52cf0c09bc19.JPG

IMG_E9081.thumb.JPG.a68ebcee812005d5ee11edb71f7bceb9.JPG

One big f off old sweet chestnut tree

IMG_E9085.thumb.JPG.05271dde8a730241c83a2c4f3a91919e.JPG

Damn disappointed i didn't get the whole tree in here, oh well i'll just have to go back there for a ride again.

IMG_E9086.thumb.JPG.9b9f3ba09ad56ab0b2bc0bb0c9b8f9ef.JPG

Nice pics.

Blimey thats one twisty tree. Would love to see a pic of the whole thing.

• Like 2

Morning minger losers 👋

One more day of major slog before I make it back to the sunshine, I hope. Will have to do a fair bit more work when I get there but it should be a much more reasonable pace 👏

ps remembered I didn’t reply to @yen_powell about “Morning minger losers.”

What Boboneleg said about it being a West Country thing is right. Hard to believe it’s mostly affectionate. Hello ugly losers generally means you’re saying hello to your own kind of mates, they’re losers, so are you, thats why you’re mates. It can be used in a more insulting way if you sneered implying they’re losers and you’re not but it’s always received with smiles cos they know you’re a minger loser too. Usually said - AWWWRIGHT mingerrr loozerrrrs 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Tango is it this thursday for the snip plip?

I go in on Thursday evening @Slowlycatchymonkey, to be zapped on Friday morning if it all goes to plan. Spent a few hours over the weekend filling in the various forms, with the help of my good friend Deepl! 😉😂😂

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

I go in on Thursday evening @Slowlycatchymonkey, to be zapped on Friday morning if it all goes to plan. Spent a few hours over the weekend filling in the various forms, with the help of my good friend Deepl! 😉😂😂

Ah right. Good luck for then. We expect dumb thumbs up in hospital pics the second it’s possible and a post op a pic of your midazolamed face 😆

Although I think you said it was a GA so maybe just except all painkillers (if they even ask, normally they just dose you while unconscious 😂) and get Mandy to take one with your eyes spinning.. for your records obviously not our gratuitous entertainment.. 😁

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Ah right. Good luck for then. We expect dumb thumbs up in hospital pics the second it’s possible and a post op a pic of your midazolamed face 😆

Although I think you said it was a GA so maybe just except all painkillers (if they even ask, normally they just dose you while unconscious 😂) and get Mandy to take one with your eyes spinning.. for your records obviously not our gratuitous entertainment.. 😁

Thanks. Yeah, it's under a GA, so I'll not be aware of anything until later in the day! 😂😂

Mandy isn't planning on coming in until the afternoon,  so the humiliating pictures of me off my trolley may have to wait! 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tango said:

Thanks. Yeah, it's under a GA, so I'll not be aware of anything until later in the day! 😂😂

Mandy isn't planning on coming in until the afternoon,  so the humiliating pictures of me off my trolley may have to wait! 😂😂😂

You got private healthcare or State Bob?

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You got private healthcare or State Bob?

It's a bit different in France, Pete. The state healthcare generally covers you up to 75% of the cost and you can pay the other 25% yourself or have a kind of top-up insurance to cover it. As it happens, full-time employees in France get the top-up insurance as part of their package, so Mandy gets that, which also covers me. I am booking a private room, because I'm an unsociable bastard, which will cost a little extra over what is covered by the insurance. I think it's about 65€ a night over what's covered.

In effect, all hospitals in France are private, but the state healthcare system reimburses them directly and the insurance, if you have it, generally does the same, or you pay it and they reimburse you directly. 

• Like 5