Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Tango said:

It's a bit different in France, Pete. The state healthcare generally covers you up to 75% of the cost and you can pay the other 25% yourself or have a kind of top-up insurance to cover it. As it happens, full-time employees in France get the top-up insurance as part of their package, so Mandy gets that, which also covers me. I am booking a private room, because I'm an unsociable bastard, which will cost a little extra over what is covered by the insurance. I think it's about 65€ a night over what's covered.

In effect, all hospitals in France are private, but the state healthcare system reimburses them directly and the insurance, if you have it, generally does the same, or you pay it and they reimburse you directly. 

We had it made with the NHS Bob!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buckster said:

The NHS is great, even better without you freeloaders.

You should be thanking me for paying in for 46 years so that you could reap the benefits! 😉😂😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tango said:

You should be thanking me for paying in for 46 years so that you could reap the benefits! 😉😂😂

Do you go around the street in France doing the same thing?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think they claim it back from Britain!

I can only imagine the burocratic nightmare that must be for whoever is on both sides :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tango said:

You should of paid in a bit more to accommodate the invasion

taxi for six…

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think they claim it back from Britain!

Not until I officially retire, Pete. At the moment I'm paying tax and social charges on my income in France. Once I start drawing my state pension from the UK I will need to get an S1 form from the DWP in Newcastle and then the UK will start paying my medical charges here.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Do you go around the street in France doing the same thing?

I pay tax and social charges here in France at the moment.

Interestingly, I have a medical travel card issued by the health service here which I need for medical assistance in the UK if I need any treatment there whilst on holiday or visiting there! 😉😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Thanks, now fuck off you traitor!

• Haha 4

It seems my dishwasher is bollocksed. It was making a lot of noise, but not actually doing anything when I looked inside after an hour.

I was just looking to buy a new one, same make, it's at least 25 years old, so I am not too upset. What the hell has happened in the mean time though. Why do I want a dishwasher with WiFi and remote starting?? This seems to be the normal state of affairs for dish washers when looking at a new Bosch one!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

It seems my dishwasher is bollocksed. It was making a lot of noise, but not actually doing anything when I looked inside after an hour.

I was just looking to buy a new one, same make, it's at least 25 years old, so I am not too upset. What the hell has happened in the mean time though. Why do I want a dishwasher with WiFi and remote starting?? This seems to be the normal state of affairs for dish washers when looking at a new Bosch one!

I know......accessing every device by a smartphone!

Come On Wtf GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Come On Wtf GIF

I think I had better actually look at one in a show room, I just want a nice simple start button, not poncing about with a phone.

• Like 2

Just now, yen_powell said:

I think I had better actually look at one in a show room, I just want a nice simple start button, not poncing about with a phone.

When did anyone ever say it was too hard to push a button?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I don't know, shouldn't you check to see if your washing machine is posting rude things about you in facebook?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I don't know, shouldn't you check to see if your washing machine is posting rude things about you in facebook?

I'm not sure that scruffy cunt has ever used a washing machine......can't imagine it would cope with the amount of filth that he carries.

He took some stuff to the Laundrette once apparently.....

spacer.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm not sure that scruffy cunt has ever used a washing machine......can't imagine it would cope with the amount of filth that he carries.

He took some stuff to the Laundrette once apparently.....

spacer.png

sally kohn troll GIF by The Opposite of Hate

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

Come On Wtf GIF

I'm now looking at a new surround amp. Think I've decided which one but prob won't be using the "smart" functions.

• Like 3