Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Talking the UK down again? You're not believing hard enough! I bet you're part of the Anti-Growth Coalition!

You're going to incur the wrath of our patriotic gammon @Sir Fallsalot

The country as a place is fine and even the climate is just about tolerable. It’s the pond life that inhabit it and seem to be spreading like a disease that I have an issue with. 🤣

A perfect example is the able-bodied bloke that just went past on a mobility scooter as proud as anything. Parked outside a shop and leapt off it like an athlete. Fucking oxygen thief.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Talking the UK down again? You're not believing hard enough! I bet you're part of the Anti-Growth Coalition!

Pah click bait bitch, not everyone’s got a shit life they need to run away from. 

Too much? 

Urr.. now now everyone’s entitled an opinion..no-ones right and no-one’s wrong. 

How’s that? Am I a mod now? 😁

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’s the pond life that inhabit it 

In Fred's defence he does have a few decent attributes.

Well I'd imagine so anyway! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

not everyone’s got a shit life they need to run away from. 

If someone's got a shit life how would they have the dosh to run away to Spain and get themselves set up here?

It ain't cheap as I found out when I got my boy away from Poland!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If someone's got a shit life how would they have the dosh to run away to Spain and get themselves set up here?

adventure pixar gif GIF by Disney Pixar

Sums it up. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Dunno

ask someone who’s not on a ferry running away 😆

IMG_1194.thumb.jpeg.340019d1eecaa719d3bcbc0ebec1c913.jpeg

• Haha 3

For various reasons I decided to remove the airbox on my trackbike and go with pod filters instead. That means I'd have to bend up a few plates to mount the coils and battery. A couple hours work once I went out and got the material and then figured out how/where to cut and bend it. 

But wait! How about using the 3D printer? Should only take a couple hours to draw something up and get it printing.

And it did. For the first part. But the first part is never good enough. Long story short I've been doing numerous parts for the past few days and have ended up here.  

The demo part to prove the concept. Trash material, mock up only, not intended for actual use. 

Airbox_7546.JPG.7a842b8009ac0de704e3237a7f0b2849.JPG

The demo was sturdier than I expected, so I went further with it. Here's the modrl of the updated "final" design, awaiting details to hold the battery down. Can't do those until I put my Super Light away for the year and pull it's battery to use for mock up. That may happen today?

BatteryBox.jpg.caa36186dea64e91de61c54b33dd97c9.jpg

So yeah, 3D printing parts that could be simple sheets of aluminum is what's been taking up way too much time today. And yesterday. And a day or two before that.

Well, that and getting strapped down to a back board... I'm also doing medical training to be a ski patrol, and have been put on a back board about six times in the past few days. Fun times, fun times... the bitch of that is, it's only training to pass a test for certification - we don't actually use backboards in this county! Gotta know how to do it to be certified. Not done where I'll be patrolling. Alrighty then. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

people that wear flip flops with white socks and jogging pants pulled up to their knees piss me off as well so i'm with him on that one :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

For various reasons I decided to remove the airbox on my trackbike and go with pod filters instead. That means I'd have to bend up a few plates to mount the coils and battery. A couple hours work once I went out and got the material and then figured out how/where to cut and bend it. 

But wait! How about using the 3D printer? Should only take a couple hours to draw something up and get it printing.

And it did. For the first part. But the first part is never good enough. Long story short I've been doing numerous parts for the past few days and have ended up here.  

The demo part to prove the concept. Trash material, mock up only, not intended for actual use. 

The demo was sturdier than I expected, so I went further with it. Here's the modrl of the updated "final" design, awaiting details to hold the battery down. Can't do those until I put my Super Light away for the year and pull it's battery to use for mock up. That may happen today?

So yeah, 3D printing parts that could be simple sheets of aluminum is what's been taking up way too much time today. And yesterday. And a day or two before that.

Well, that and getting strapped down to a back board... I'm also doing medical training to be a ski patrol, and have been put on a back board about six times in the past few days. Fun times, fun times... the bitch of that is, it's only training to pass a test for certification - we don't actually use backboards in this county! Gotta know how to do it to be certified. Not done where I'll be patrolling. Alrighty then. 

3D printing is cool shit :littleguy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

In Fred's defence he does have a few decent attributes.

Well I'd imagine so anyway! :classic_unsure:

Whats this pick on Fred night is it, i just come home from a hard day's work and find this big knife in my back :classic_laugh:

Julio Cesar Rome GIF by Luis Ricardo

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

Very impressive!

42 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

Nice set of Carbs :classic_cool:

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Nice set of Carbs :classic_cool:

Yes and no. Finicky little bastards if you ask me. I have them on my Super Light too, but also have a set of stock carbs under the bench for when I've finally had enough of their BS. 

Cold starts are an absolute bitch with them. I know it can be improved but fer cripe sakes a choke circuit would be nice. On a street bike anyway. They're easier to deal with on a track bike because you expect to be fiddling with one of those all the time. 

All that said, the way they "chirp" in use is kind of endearing, especially on a bike as unrefined as a 900ss... fits the character of the bike to a "T". 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

you fucking hero you ..

Hero Sword GIF by POP

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, DesmoDog said:

Yes and no. Finicky little bastards if you ask me. I have them on my Super Light too, but also have a set of stock carbs under the bench for when I've finally had enough of their BS. 

Cold starts are an absolute bitch with them. I know it can be improved but fer cripe sakes a choke circuit would be nice. On a street bike anyway. They're easier to deal with on a track bike because you expect to be fiddling with one of those all the time. 

All that said, the way they "chirp" in use is kind of endearing, especially on a bike as unrefined as a 900ss... fits the character of the bike to a "T". 

Yes, they're definitely better on racebikes.  We had a nice bank of four on a Suzuki XR69 that my boss rode a couple of times.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Thanks Clive, where does the time go 

I say the same about my daughter.......she is 38 years old now. 😲 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Happy birthday not so little one.
Don't the time just fly by,  

Just wait until you're a grand parent.:classic_laugh:

Yeah she's definitely a character now, it does mate doesn't feel like a few weeks ago we brought her home from the hospital 

• Like 3