Your Day Today!

XTreme

6 hours ago, Skippy said:

A perfect example is the able-bodied bloke that just went past on a mobility scooter as proud as anything. Parked outside a shop and leapt off it like an athlete. Fucking oxygen thief.

Or he was a mobility engineer out testing it after repairing it for a customer. Steve Austin Television GIF by USA Network

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, busabeast said:

Haha no that was after nursery, she has been out in the truck a few times though

She looks like she has been pushing a vehicle out of a ditch.

• Haha 5

Been doing a bit of DIY.   It’s been ages since I’ve picked up any tools and to be honest it’s the simplest things that make you smile the most ripping an old reclaimed bit of timber up on my tables saw then hand planing it was just a pleasure.   I really need to get back to my woodworking, so good for your mental health.   Anyway now I have somewhere to store my gear that doesn’t cause the Ire of the Darkness.  

IMG_0608.thumb.jpeg.26496f53da4f4beb459b897ddb0e4c65.jpegIMG_0609.thumb.jpeg.be47f69adcb392f49442078d806b7b88.jpegIMG_0610.thumb.jpeg.c318fae4d67c84175348e0264f2d2f11.jpeg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Aren't we all 

Not all...i wish I was working sometimes........i definitely do not miss the getting up at 2.30am though. 

Sad I Miss You GIF by Disney

Normal day here... 👍 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIFSitting on your arse in front of a computer , 

People don't realise how physically and mentally draining it actually is.

Using a computer for leisure and using a computer for work are two totally different things.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Saul said:

Been doing a bit of DIY.   It’s been ages since I’ve picked up any tools and to be honest it’s the simplest things that make you smile the most ripping an old reclaimed bit of timber up on my tables saw then hand planing it was just a pleasure.   I really need to get back to my woodworking, so good for your mental health.   Anyway now I have somewhere to store my gear that doesn’t cause the Ire of the Darkness.  

IMG_0608.thumb.jpeg.26496f53da4f4beb459b897ddb0e4c65.jpegIMG_0609.thumb.jpeg.be47f69adcb392f49442078d806b7b88.jpegIMG_0610.thumb.jpeg.c318fae4d67c84175348e0264f2d2f11.jpeg

My gear goes in the ex airing cupboard....central heating pipes run through it so it dries my gear, not that I go out in the rain if possible.

20231005_112916.thumb.jpg.d17fd640111c289a48d2933b04ee273e.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saul said:

And que the crash in 3...2...1

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

People don't realise how physically and mentally draining it actually is.

Using a computer for leisure and using a computer for work are two totally different things.

I wouldn't say it's physically draining as much but mentally yes I'd agree 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I wouldn't say it's physically draining as much but mentally yes I'd agree 

See the affect it has on your body when you're on it up to 16 hours a day.....7 days a week.....for 25 years!

You get weaker, you have less energy, and you get muscle wastage. And as you get older it hits you even harder.

I'd never have ended up with a Hernia back in the 90's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now I'm having to sort my taxes for the last quarter to send to my accountant! And unfortunately I've got a shitload of IVA/VAT to pay this time round!

The perfect client for me (besides under the radar) is UK and VAT registered.......then I don't have to be an unpaid tax collector for the Spanish government!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

See the affect it has on your body when you're on it up to 16 hours a day.....7 days a week.....for 25 years!

You get weaker, you have less energy, and you get muscle wastage. And as you get older it hits you even harder.

I'd never have ended up with a Hernia back in the 90's.

Hmm should do more walking mate, wouldn't have happened at all then

• Like 4

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

You walk on your feet not your knees pete surely after 700 years you'd have worked that out

What ditch are you posting that from?

truck omg GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6