Your Day Today!

XTreme

Car insurance renewal was almost double, the best I have found on shopping around is still £40 more than last year. Current insurer couldn’t match it but still got their quote down by another £30, I guess a lot of people just accept it and pay. I’m glad I don’t have some high insurance group piece of crap like a Jag sat on my driveway, renewal price on things like that must be horrendous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Car insurance renewal was almost double, the best I have found on shopping around is still £40 more than last year. Current insurer couldn’t match it but still got their quote down by another £30, I guess a lot of people just accept it and pay. I’m glad I don’t have some high insurance group piece of crap like a Jag sat on my driveway, renewal price on things like that must be horrendous.

EY07214_003-retouched.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, Clive said:

In fact the scoot is coming in there tomorrow,  there is a storm forecast for Wednesday and Thursday,  there is a dead tree the other side of our boundary fence and it is leaning towards my shed,  if it falls my shed is right in the firing line.

Yebbut you could claim on insurance and by a nice chinky bike :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The wind chill when soaked is pretty bad but the worse bit is all your gear still being wet the next day. Not a barrel of laughs. 

Road back from Vianden once , it pissed down all the way back ..was even raining when we got off train back in uk …. I think that was the worse day of my life .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yebbut you could claim on insurance and by a nice chinky bike :classic_laugh:

Another Chinky! 😲.........yeh I would have another CFMoto 👍 

But i would only get (at best) about £700 for my Daelim from insurance Co.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Road back from Vianden once , it pissed down all the way back ..was even raining when we got off train back in uk …. I think that was the worse day of my life .

Either that story has more to it or you’ve lived a cosseted existence 😆

• Haha 1

Raining here all night.... but the little tree frogs that hang out under my house, seem to be liking it.

When that rare tropical storm came in from the Pacific that hit the LA area last month....it headed NE & missed Portland, but dumped 6" of H2O in 36 hrs. here in Elgin 😲....surprisingly, it didn't cause any flooding or damage....it was so dry from August's heat blast, the ground just soaked it all up!👍

• Like 6

18 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So it was only a 13 mile ride home but these are my initial thoughts.  It almost feels like a toy compared to the Rally. Revvy engine (but in a good way) , it ran out of puff at about 65mph so I need to look at the gearing.  Suspension felt fine on the road and good brakes for a trail bike.

The handlebars are shit , too narrow and not enough sweep but I have bars and hand guards on the way.   Once i've done that and got a rack I'll be off to do some (easy) lanes to see what it's like off-road 👍

Remind me what you’ve replaced the Rally with Bob?

Made it home today. Yesterday we had a lovely evening back in Portugal, and today rode to my parent’s place using mostly small roads. The absence of cameras was a shock, but we got used to it. I hope there were no cameras, too.

I will look at making a ride report but I’ve got hundreds of pictures, mostly from bikes in museums, so it may take a while. Good trip, though, and we did end in a high which is always great because it dictates the mood with which you look back on it.

• Like 8