Your Day Today!

XTreme

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Temperature Dave!

27c 😰 here at the moment, its not gonna last though. ☺ back to average temps on Saturday. 👍 

• Like 2

I've been out and about today on the Sled .

First off I went to Completely Motorbikes in Gloucester (I think they used to be Thunder Road) to look at a KTM Freeride.  I don't think that model is for me but I did see a Honda CRF250X there and I was impressed with that, unfortunately it's sold but they'll let me know if they get another one in 👍

Then via a ride across the Cotswolds I went to Pete Hammond Motorcycles (closing down now 😔) and bought their remaining stock of gloves.  There was a bit of a kerfuffle as I tried to load all of it onto the Sled..............

IMG_5536.thumb.JPEG.99cfc13608a7cc0fe49921b451751288.JPEG

Anyway, I made it home without losing anything, just have to selll them now 😜

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've been out and about today on the Sled .

First off I went to Completely Motorbikes in Gloucester (I think they used to be Thunder Road) to look at a KTM Freeride.  I don't think that model is for me but I did see a Honda CRF250X there and I was impressed with that, unfortunately it's sold but they'll let me know if they get another one in 👍

Then via a ride across the Cotswolds I went to Pete Hammond Motorcycles (closing down now 😔) and bought their remaining stock of gloves.  There was a bit of a kerfuffle as I tried to load all of it onto the Sled..............

IMG_5536.thumb.JPEG.99cfc13608a7cc0fe49921b451751288.JPEG

Anyway, I made it home without losing anything, just have to selll them now 😜

big hand GIF

I have been around the local shops for some summer gloves, it appears I have hands like shovels. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What size are you Clive ?

Not a clue really, my last (rotted) pair were a 3xl, tried a pair on few weeks ago that were the same labelled size, fingers too short, I just keep trying to find pair that are comfy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Not a clue really, my last (rotted) pair were a 3xl, tried a pair on few weeks ago that were the same labelled size, fingers too short, I just keep trying to find pair that are comfy.

Wow, big hands 😜

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Wow, big hands 😜

They seem to cater for the average, hands are not that big (I think) but I have long fingers.Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

• Haha 5

After riding around lots of different places at work, I parked at our contractor's yard and walked through a few streets to a Turkish restaurant where one of my friends/colleagues had invited us to lunch to celebrate his second retirement. On the way I cut through the Lefevre estate and took some pictures of the giant flowers which you'll see in the pictures I took today FRED.

My friend's name is Nasser, he's an Iranian. He came to the UK to attend university and to keep him out of the Iran/Iraq war which was killing and maiming his school friends at the time. Further education was encouraged by the state, exempting you from compulsory military service. When he told them he fancied studying civil engineering in Britain they pointed at a map of the UK and said choose wisely which city he would like to go to.....

Nasser said he knew nothing about Britain at all. He had a quick squint and put his finger on what he hoped was a throbbing centre of nightlife, loose women and wild parties and it was all sorted out for him.

Anyway, after a few months in Bournmouth, he spoke to a friend who was also studying in the UK and they said he should leave Bournmouth and switch to where they were, another crazy happening place. So he transferred to Colchester!! There he met his English wife and eventually in 1986 he ended up working with me.

He partially retired about 10 years ago and used to do 6 months on, 6 months off. When he worked with my team we gave him new jobs that he would start and finish in that time and it worked really well. He could visit Iran and help organise his parents care as they got older etc. Then he was transferred to a lazy team in maintenance and they saved loads of jobs up for him and presented them all to him on his first day working that year. He would get loads of grief from people who thought he had been sitting on the work for months. So now he has hit 65 he decided it was time to go permanently.

He has two grown up sons. One applied to join the Police but was turned down as not being ethnic enough. When he said he was half Iranian they said that wasn't good enough. He became a plumber instead.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Good luck  @Clive  👍

It passed OK. 👌 

Had a slight problem, the lights would not come on when scoot was started,  but they did after 10 seconds, have to look into that one. 🤔 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Scoot fired up 😲 inflated the tyres, sat at the MOT test centre now,

Their coffee machine makes a terrible drink. 

20230811_090112.jpg

If you had a proper bike , they would of give you a Latte 

• Haha 4